1.    #1  
    Guys,
    I've had a new computer since the middle of April. It has Vista Home Premium, 64 bit. I initially tried to sync and something like a sync attempted to happen but I could never find it in my computer. I decided I didn't want to deal with it until last night. I have tried everything including looking at palms instructions, on the internet and even some of the older threads here and on the net. So far, I have not seen a solution. Does anyone have any ideas? Initially I have it set as pc set up (but I put it back to sync after initial set up), when I click on the set up file it tries to install active sync but gives an error.

So I downloaded and installed wmdc from Microsoft but when I attempt to execute the program, it shows that it is loading but closes out. I check the active process in task manager and wmdc.exe was gone. I tried to execute again while I had task manager up and it did the same thing and disappeared from the process list. It's also not showing in my c/program files but it is on the program list in the start menu. I've uninstalled + reinstalled several times and can't get it to work. It shows up in device manager. I've been like a mad scientist all night. Any info is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by kiesha; 05/16/2009 at 07:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiesha View Post
    Guys,
    I've had a new computer since the middle of April. It has Vista Home Premium, 64 bit. I initially tried to sync and something like a sync attempted to happen but I could never find it in my computer. I decided I didn't want to deal with it until last night. I have tried everything including looking at palms instructions, on the internet and even some of the older threads here and on the net. So far, I have not seen a solution. Does anyone have any ideas? Initially I have it set as pc set up (but I put it back to sync after initial set up), when I click on the set up file it tries to install active sync but gives an error. So I downloaded the file from Microsoft but when I attempt to execute the program, it shows that it is loading but closes out. I've uninstalled + reinstalled several times and can't get it to work. It shows up in device manager. I've been like a mad scientist all night. Any info is greatly appreciated.
    Do a windows update and their should be windows mobile software to download now.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Do a windows update and their should be windows mobile software to download now.
    Thanks a a lot for your response but I've done several of those and there were no updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiesha View Post
    Guys,
    I've had a new computer since the middle of April. It has Vista Home Premium, 64 bit. I initially tried to sync and something like a sync attempted to happen but I could never find it in my computer. I decided I didn't want to deal with it until last night. I have tried everything including looking at palms instructions, on the internet and even some of the older threads here and on the net. So far, I have not seen a solution. Does anyone have any ideas? Initially I have it set as pc set up (but I put it back to sync after initial set up), when I click on the set up file it tries to install active sync but gives an error.

So I downloaded and installed wmdc from Microsoft but when I attempt to execute the program, it shows that it is loading but closes out. I check the active process in task manager and wmdc.exe was gone. I tried to execute again while I had task manager up and it did the same thing and disappeared from the process list. It's also not showing in my c/program files but it is on the program list in the start menu. I've uninstalled + reinstalled several times and can't get it to work. It shows up in device manager. I've been like a mad scientist all night. Any info is greatly appreciated.
    Read this Microsoft site: Synchronize Your Phone | Synchronizing | Windows Mobile

Vista is a bit strange... I don't care for it... but all that aside, it works. Smart phones work differently in Vista vs. XP.

Now you use a device center... it can take a bit of time to load and work out all the kinks. Make sure you have Vista SP1 installed (if you need help looking for that, let me know). Also, ensure when you perform the downloads, that you do the "optional" downloads as well... or at least look at them.

I know some optional downloads you won't need, like the language packs... but download the others, even if you don't know what they are... they don't hurt anything. Well, maybe those "live essentials" are not good, but hopefully, you know what to look for.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  5.    #5  
    Well, I got that issue resolved. It ticks me off that a simple repair fixed the thing. After countless uninstalls/reinstalls I would have thought it would have fixed the problem. Now if I could figure out how to get my bejeweled to work. Now that I think about it, my bejeweled started having issues around the time of the first failed sync back in April. Now I have to register after five plays when I didn't have to do that before. I tried to reinstall it through program files on the computer but it is attached to active sync and I get an error saying that it is not compatible with my device. I don't know how else I could get to the original install or exe that came with the pro. I'm still searching around. Thanks for the help on the sync issue guys. If you have any insight on the bejeweled issue please let me know.
    A hard reset should get your bejeweled working properly... but it's a bit of a drastic step.
  7.    #7  
    Yes it is...it would be pointless to do a restore b/c the same settings/files would be there or I assume that they would. Or I wonder if there is a way to restore everything except bejeweled and its settings?
    dont forget to back up
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Ok, I am having issues. Forgive me for being stupid but I have vista and activesync will not work. I installed the microsoft device center and still can't get it to sync with my pro. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Ok, I am having issues. Forgive me for being stupid but I have vista and activesync will not work. I installed the microsoft device center and still can't get it to sync with my pro. What am I doing wrong?
    Also running Vista 64 and had sync issues. I called tech support and the person actually linked with both my phone and computer some how, I could actually see all of her mouse action, etc. Seems my phone was set for Exchange even though I didn't need it and it was causing the issues. After 45 minutes on the phone with her it now works like a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Penny,

Try the following;

Start: Settings: Connections: USB to PC

Ensure "Enable Advanced Network Functionality" is unchecked.

HTH
    Great tip! Solved problem
    Weird about your issue. Just as an F.Y.I, my Pro syncs wonderfully with Windows 7 even.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....