1.    #1  
    Yup, didn't care for it, couldn't get some 'net functions to work.

It is basically PointUI.

I'm just not a fan of these shells, UIs and overlays.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    tried it...uninstalled it found it a little buggy. couldn't use the dpad, do know if it's by design or not. i can access everthing i need with 1-2 button pushes as is with a combo of touchscreen and keys. doesn't look too bad, skin support would be nice. i prefer simplicity
    I also tried it, couldn't get all the functions to work and it was a bit buggy.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54 View Post
    I also tried it, couldn't get all the functions to work and it was a bit buggy.
    I did get it to work, but there were some glitches:

1) too many items that were Canadian Bell bloatware/feature related,

2) the features in #1 are useless to the rest of us,

3) many of the items in #1 are not removable/replaceable,

4) if you remove too many of the above, the rest of the interface stops working.
  6.    #6  
    thank you all. will pass on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    thank you all. will pass on it.
    That's good thinking. :-)

If you are looking for a usable interface, other than the standard Today screen, there are several.

Some have had success with SPB Mobile Shell 3.0. Others have had Mobile Shell issues with RealVGA. On my GSM TP, it seemed to look a little better with RealVGA, but didn't work right.

Pointui 2.0 (they created the BellUI) is a work in progress. Still has some issues on the Treo Pro & other 320x320 phones.

There are several versions of the TouchFlo Manila 2D interface made for the Treo Pro & the i780. Each has some quirks, but I prefer the one with the analog clock. It's peppier on my GSM TP, shows more of whatever background I choose, & I've gotten what I need to fully work on it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    That's good thinking. :-)

If you are looking for a usable interface, other than the standard Today screen, there are several.

Some have had success with SPB Mobile Shell 3.0. Others have had Mobile Shell issues with RealVGA. On my GSM TP, it seemed to look a little better with RealVGA, but didn't work right.

Pointui 2.0 (they created the BellUI) is a work in progress. Still has some issues on the Treo Pro & other 320x320 phones.

There are several versions of the TouchFlo Manila 2D interface made for the Treo Pro & the i780. Each has some quirks, but I prefer the one with the analog clock. It's peppier on my GSM TP, shows more of whatever background I choose, & I've gotten what I need to fully work on it.

where did u get a good working TouchFlo Manila 2D?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    where did u get a good working TouchFlo Manila 2D?
    The thread about it, here, is at: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html . The link to the download location is in the first message. There are links to helpful utilities & useful discussion throughout the thread.
    Hey folks,
    Being a Bell user I figured I'd try the UI myself and see how good or bad it is. Some parts are nice (like the scrolling in the contacts) and some are bad (very very slow). So I went to uninstall it but my Pro seems to freeze when I try to uninstall. I have left it for over 30min and still nothing.

Is there a trick that someone would like to share with me to uninstall it, other then going to the ''remove program''?

thanks in advance.
    A hardreset and restore backup usually works the fastest for me when I'm replacing somthing like a UI.

I've always made a baseline install and revert back to that when needed. Takes less than 15 minutes or so.
    Last edited by cfendrick; 06/17/2009 at 02:53 PM.