1.    #1  
    Hey fellow Pro users,
    I don't have an unlimited data plan because of the rediculous prices in Canada so I was wondering if there is a way to password protect IE and other data intensive programs so that friends can't rack up my bill? If it is not possible would there be a work around to accomplish the same thing??

Also can anyone tell me if when I have the phone on and the wifi and i'm using the internet that the data is being transfered via the wifi and not the phone?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Cheers,
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick1416 View Post
    Hey fellow Pro users,
    I don't have an unlimited data plan because of the rediculous prices in Canada so I was wondering if there is a way to password protect IE and other data intensive programs so that friends can't rack up my bill? If it is not possible would there be a work around to accomplish the same thing??

Also can anyone tell me if when I have the phone on and the wifi and i'm using the internet that the data is being transfered via the wifi and not the phone?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Cheers,
    You can use the program NoData. You can toggle on/off the data connection. If you toggle it off, the data connection will not connect therefore accomplishing probably what you would like to do.
    I second the vote for NoData. It is a simple utility dedicated to the task and is
    very reliable.

Previously I was using Advanced Config. It was a complex procedure (for me) making the data off selections and, in my case, the selections wouldn't stick. Data would sometimes activate and drain my Rogers Pay-Go.

You can get NoData here:

New FREE Utility - NoData - WinMo @ MoDaCo

If data is on you will see arrows associated with your 3G symbol. If wireless is on and connected, you will see a tower with steady arrows in place of your 3G symbol. These are shown in page 65 of the users manual which can be downloaded.

Gary
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Mackie, That was what I was looking for. Now I am just trying to find the registry change to do the same thing without having the cab.

Thanks