Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I recently tried to download the CAB file for the Winterface application. When it started to download all I got was a page of words and letters. Tried a couple of times. Help
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwigg View Post
    I recently tried to download the CAB file for the Winterface application. When it started to download all I got was a page of words and letters. Tried a couple of times. Help
    Yeah, I get that from time to time when I try to dl a cab.
    Sometimes, if you take your stylus and hold it on the link a popup will give you a choice to 'save target as' That's what has worked for me on occasion.
    I don't know what causes it.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yeah, I get that from time to time when I try to dl a cab.
    Sometimes, if you take your stylus and hold it on the link a popup will give you a choice to 'save target as' That's what has worked for me on occasion.
    I don't know what causes it.
    Can you please tell me how to download and install a .cab file step by step?
    I am trying to install the Treo Alert Pro. I was able to (somehow) past the file into my PERSONAL folder on my Treo 700wx, but when I click on it, it looks like it's 'installing', yet I end up with a page that looks like html writing. If I hold my stylus as you suggest, I do not get a popup that allows me to "save target as".
    I am not connected to the internet, I pasted through my sync. Help please?
    (geez...I feel like a moron!)