1.    #1  
    I saw this addressed a few weeks ago, but can't find the thread.

My Pro wakes up all the time..and it's annoying. If I'm waiting on a text message or call, I get all excited when I see it wake up, just to find that nothing happened.

I have narrowed it down to 2 possible causes:

1. It wakes up when I go from 3G to 1x

or

2. It wakes up when it polls for e-mail.

I'm pretty sure it's #1, because I watched it wake up ever 5 minutes are so on my way home in the car yesterday, and I have my e-mail set to poll every 15 mins.

I don't have anything running in the background that's checking the weather, internet, etc.

Does anyone else have the same issue, or shed some more light on what's causing this?
    I think I may be the one that first reported that happening to me. My phone would be sitting on my desk, or on the night stand, and the screen would just light up for no reason. No calls, no texts, nothing. The only thing I thought it could be would be switching from 1x to 3G and vice versa. I don't have it set to retrieve my email automatically, and where I live the signal strength varies throughout the house. It's still happneing, and I've just attributed it to a quirk on the phone. The only other thought I have is it may have something to do with the activsync program running (which it seems to do all the time).

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    It's definitely when it switches from 3G to 1x and vice versa. The only time this ever happens to me is when I'm riding on the metro and I go under a tunnel and my signal switches. I've tested it numerous times while riding the metro and this is the reason. Not sure why it does this, but it also did it on my Mogul, so it's a WinMo 6.1 thing. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to do a registry edit for this, but I wouldn't be the person to ask for it.
    I've posted on this issue also. It annoys the hell out of me and is a battery waster. I've tried but haven't been able to narrow it down. In my case I don't think its the 3g to 1x thing. My signal doesn't fluctuate like that at home or work. Its definitely a windows mobile thing though.
    Yeah, this complaint is as old as the internets, lol

It's a combo of background processes, polling, 1x/Ev/Roaming switching, etc.

Not much you can do.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I am fairly certain a hammer to the screen would help...
    Mine doesn't wake up, but does something similar. It chirps..or beeps I guess you could call it...several times a day for no reason. It will be just one beep or chirp every 30 seconds or a minute, for several minutes and then it will stop.
    I think some data is being transferred, but I can't tell what is really going on. I don't have email setup or anything.
    Anyone hear of this issue? sounds sort of related
    could you be roaming? i'd check the roaming settings..and try setting no sound for roaming under Sounds and notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I am fairly certain a hammer to the screen would help...
    Sledge or claw?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."