1.    #1  
    I have searched around with no luck. I am new to the treo pro and need some help getting everything just so...

1st, can you hard reset and NOT have all the preloaded apps install? Games extras ect?

2nd, I like windows mobile, but need to dumb it down a bit. I would like an interface that is just icons no start menu and all that and customizable so it only shows the icons I want. I would like it to have some graphical content think vista as apposed to windows 3.11. I would like it to look sharp not cheap.

I tried Mobile Shell 3, and although its nice and graphical its WAY bloated with features I have no interest in and getting to simple things takes far to many steps.

3rd, is there a keyboard lock add on or feature that will prevent the keys from triggering under while locked.. IE: if you are on the today screen and hit power to go to screen saver, then hit say the calendar button, even though the keys should be locked it takes you to the calendar? I want to prevent this. ( and I would like whatever can make this happen be as simple as using the power button. )

Hope I didnt come off as too demanding but, I like to have complete control over the visuals of a OS, hence the switch from an instinct back to a treo.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    1. Not until someone comes up with a custom ROM. As a workaround, you could use Spritebackup... uninstall everything you don't want, get it to where you want, and create a backup. That way when you have to hard reset, you can just restore your backup and have only the apps you want.

2. Try Vito Winterface seems like it will do most of what you want as far as a customizable "icon only" interface.

3. Try slide to unlock (s2u2) a search should find it quick.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Khidr View Post
    1. Not until someone comes up with a custom ROM. As a workaround, you could use Spritebackup... uninstall everything you don't want, get it to where you want, and create a backup. That way when you have to hard reset, you can just restore your backup and have only the apps you want.

2. Try Vito Winterface seems like it will do most of what you want as far as a customizable "icon only" interface.

3. Try slide to unlock (s2u2) a search should find it quick.
    1. Bummer

2. I think I found some tools that seem to work, all made by resco.

3. I noticed that my default locker wont stay, I hit the opt- end and it locks then 1 second later auto unlocks? Ill try s2u2, what is the latest version?
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    latest s2u2 is 1.62 I believe. I posted in another thread, in order to get it working smoothly for me, I have to set the display mode to "rawbuffer" in the settings (once installed you'll see the settings option under the s2u2 folder) and I have to install to the internal memory instead of my memory card. Otherwise it's pretty nice, especially with the built in notifications pop ups.