1.    #1  
    I don't remember if this was the case when I got the phone. But for whatever kind of messages/notifications, it would light up the phone showing that you have new messages. I just noticed before that when I get new emails, the screen isn't lit up. I get the notification message when I check the phone and it rings/vibrate. This only seems to be happening for new messages. SMS/AIM alerts light up my screen.

Is anyone else having this issue? Should the screen light up too when new emails are received?

Thanks
    Are you connected to Exchange?

If so, when a new email arrives it does NOT light up the screen. Default behavior for Exchange syncs (saves battery).

You can use Treo Alert to have the beacon come on with Email alerts...that'll wake the screen.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    i think thats it because iwas fuddling with Exchange and i didnt get the correct server information. i tried to erase it but it won't let me. is there any way to delete the Exchange server info?

thanks Malatesta!..
    Quote Originally Posted by shopbabe View Post
    i think thats it because iwas fuddling with Exchange and i didnt get the correct server information. i tried to erase it but it won't let me. is there any way to delete the Exchange server info?

thanks Malatesta!..
    You can go under the ActiveSync program and delete the Exchange server. No way to get rid of the Outlook email portion though AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    oh boy...looks like i might have to take a trip to the sprint store..i deleted the server..it didnt work, even a hard reset didnt do the trick. i tried taking the battery out. no avail. ;P
    Mal I don't think it's just Exchange email that was changed to not turn on the screen. My IMAP email doesn't turn it on either.

shopbabe, if you want the screen to turn on you can do as Mal says. Install Treo Alert and set it to turn on the beacon for email alerts.
  7.    #7  
    thanks for the feedback. i installed Treo Alert Pro and its a nifty program!

its lighting up the screen when i receive new emails.