Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Yeah this problem has *really* been bugging me. With SRS WOW and the 3.5mm jack, the Treo Pro is such a great music playing device that I've stopped carrying my iPod, but that glitch every 5 minutes was annoying me to no end.

Hannip is right, it isn't a Coreplayer issue; it's a known HTC bug on multiple devices and it affects all music players to varying degrees (WMP and the HTC player seem to fare better). This doesn't affect A2DP and the bug is not related to the screensaver bug.

A little background...
    HTC released a fix for the audio skipping on the GSM Diamond and Touch HD. I tried that cab on my Treo Pro and it hung my device, had to hard reset. Someone with a CDMA Touch Pro finally figured out what was modified and then created his own Raphael patch. So, I also tried that cab and it broke my USB, power and audio. Long story short, I disassembled the patched dll, figured out what the change was, and created a patch for the Sprint Treo Pro. The result is that I can now play music skip-free.

The bug is that one of the threads in a core HTC dll runs at too high a priority (real-time), and when it's active it interferes with the audio driver; this patch lowers the priority of the offending thread.

Installation (Sprint only):
    1) Install sdkcerts.cab
    2) Install STPAudioSkipFix.CAB
    3) Soft-reset
    4) If you are using Coreplayer, go to Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced and make sure that "Higher priority music playback" is checked

Note: Make sure that you install sdkcerts.cab, otherwise your device will hang during boot.

WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON A GSM Treo Pro!!

(if you are running into audio skipping problems on your GSM TP and need a fix, someone get a ROM dump and send me the dll, OEM_Misc.dll)
    installed the fixes..but dont' see where the "higher priority music" setting is in CorePlayer...for v1.32.any insights there ? Guess that setting needs to be enabled else it still skips..

Bigmots
    Bigmots, look harder

Like I mentioned, Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced

This is a screenshot of 1.32 Coreplayer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Bigmots, look harder

Like I mentioned, Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced

This is a screenshot of 1.32 Coreplayer.
    got it this time...I was in the "player" page under Preferences..didn't realize had to click on "Select Page" at bottom and then go to Advanced...thanks again sire...

That sure did fix the hiccups.

BigMots
    The regular hiccups are gone, but I still get them when I go into no reception areas and then back into reception areas. Anybody else get this?
    Quote "(if you are running into audio skipping problems on your GSM TP and need a fix, someone get a ROM dump and send me the dll, OEM_Misc.dll)"

I'm running an Australian 3G / GSM Treo Pro and would love to install this patch.

Are you able you supply the instructions on how to get a ROM dump and the OEM_Misc.dll file to you ?
    I've just posted my GSM Treo Pro OEM_Misc.dll file.
    I hope someone (err... zbop?) will be able to help with the hiccups!

Thank you in advance, Bruno
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12