1.    #1  
    So, Sprint sent me a brand new handset the other day because my other one had the 1.03 software. Anyways, I activated the phone and everything seems to be working fine, except it won't let me connect to the internet. I've been on the phone with customer service and they keep trying to re-set my profile, but every time they do, I get an error code 407(I think). I'm on the phone with advanced tech support, so hopefully they'll figure it out.
    Do you have a Power Vision connection?

Start > Settings > Connections (tab) > Connections > Manage existing connections

Is there a connection that dials #777?
  3.    #3  
    Yea, all that works fine. Apparently I have to go to a Sprint repair center so that they can do a "connect by wire" or something to that effect. It's pretty annoying, but I don't think I have any other choice.
    Does it even try to connect when you open a browser or anything? That is, does it come up with the "connecting..." notification? If it does come up with that, does it error out or something? If it doesn't come up with that, make sure you have it turned on...

Start > Settings > Sound & Notifications > Notifications (tab) > Connection established

Make sure you have "Display message on screen" checked. However, I've run into problems with this not wanting to work. Some times, I check the box, and when I go back into setting and look at it, it's unchecked.
  5.    #5  
    Yup, it shows that it's connected and it tries to pull up the website, but nothing loads.
    Mmm...hard reset and run "Update Profile" under Settings?

Otherwise could be a provisioning problem on their end. They did that to my account (software glitch) and had to re-setup my data info on their computers to work on my end.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Otherwise could be a provisioning problem on their end. They did that to my account (software glitch) and had to re-setup my data info on their computers to work on my end.

I think it's the latter scenario. I'll try and get to a service center soon and I'll come here and update. Thanks for all the help.
    I had a similar problem. Update Profile fixed it for me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jammasterjake View Post
    I had a similar problem. Update Profile fixed it for me.
    The non-english speaking tech just did a hard reset. Everything works fine, but I have a sneaking suspicion that there was a much easier way. Oh well, everything is working fine for now, and that "Sprite Backup" feature is a God-send.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Sprints provisioning is a mess. On the other hand that mess has its upside, I have more a few old handsets, disconnected from Sprint as long as two years ago -- all of which still get net access

Quote Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
    The non-english speaking tech just did a hard reset. Everything works fine, but I have a sneaking suspicion that there was a much easier way.
    yes hard reset as a very early troubleshooting step is something I hate, but from Sprint perspective they face a huge range in customer knowledge of their own smartphones and their costs in support time would be outrageous if they had to look at registries etc for each customer. You could know 50x as much as the tech and tyhey won;t move past a few early troubleshooting steps without demanding ahard reset.
    Last edited by aero; 05/11/2009 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I have more a few old handsets, disconnected from Sprint as long as two years ago -- all of which still get net access
    That's actually a separate, unique side effect of CDMA phones. Previously activated handsets are still recognized by the towers and if you leave them on long enough next to an activated Sprint phone, the tower cannot distinguish them. And since your SprintPCS account info is still provisioned on the phone, you get net access.

I was able to get my 6700, Moto Q and 700wx all active under my 800w before. Good times, lol. But if you take one of those phones away from the activated one, within a few hours it'll go dead.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12.    #12  
    Thanks again for the help guys, this forum rocks.