Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1. Infinity's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
       #1  
    I will no longer be maintaining this thread due to the fact that the 1.04 update is available now. (see sticky)



    Here is a list I have compiled from other threads of known sellers of 1.03 and 1.04 software ROM STP. If you know of any other sellers, please post here and I will add them to the appropriate list. Thanks.

    1.03 sellers:
    alch3miss
    elyamenwirless
    idreamofwireless*
    mfrank16*
    mil.tech
    ozzy_0310*

    *Possibly the same person

    1.04 sellers:
    bid_here!
    ipodsnelectronics
    vantagecommunications
    Last edited by Infinity3; 05/29/2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: updated list
  2. #2  
    I should also point out that the three names in your 1.03 list are all the same person. It is important because idreamofwireless has already got a reputation on this board for harassing some of his customers with profanity and threats.
  3. #3  
    Seller mil.tech sold me a 1.03 STP. So far, he has been communicative, although brief. It takes him almost two days to respond to each message. He offered to refund my purchase if I so choose.
  4. Steb0ne's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #4  
    I may be selling mine soon. My user name is steb0ne2
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    I should also point out that the three names in your 1.03 list are all the same person. It is important because idreamofwireless has already got a reputation on this board for harassing some of his customers with profanity and threats.
    How were you able to establish that three of those four were the same person?


    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    How were you able to establish that three of those four were the same person?


    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-owners-2.html
    Read posts 33-35 in that link.
    Last edited by edbro; 05/11/2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Update url
  7. #7  
    ordered mine from ipodsnelectronics, will let you know in a few days if its a 1.03. I tried to get this guy to get me a serial# before shipping, but he shipped anyway without a reply.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
  8. #8  
    This is a good idea.
    Thanks guys.
  9. #9  
    fyi, sometimes it is better to buy from someone who is not a "mass" seller but only sells a few phones.

    I've bought 2 Treo Pros from people who are not huge sellers (neither have any Treo Pros for sale now or I'd share their info). Both were purchased for <$200, are new and 1.04s.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    Thanks for the info. I emailed several sellers a week or so ago asking what version of software they had on them, nothing more or nothing less. I shared this privately with a few other users on the forum, mostly because of the heat that had been flying around the past. If there's any interest, I'll post what each of their response were. But I can't to that till tonight since it's on my home computer and I'm at work now.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  11. #11  
    alch3miss sent me a 1.03 after promising it was a 1.04 before I purchased. She answered 3 or 4 messages within 5 hours each, over the course of 3 days before I purchased. After I received the item and verified it was a recalled 1.03, I sent her a message since I was told a return could be made if I was un happy(I think a recalled version falls under "Un Happy"). No response for a week. I sent another message and an email, got no response. I ended up just activating the 1.03, and haven't had any problems with it, but I would avoid the seller just because of how she handled the sale. There is another negative feedback not too far down the list from someone who purchased an 800W and said the phone was stolen and she would not return it (as is said in her ads).
  12. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I emailed several sellers a week or so ago asking what version of software they had on them, nothing more or nothing less. I shared this privately with a few other users on the forum, mostly because of the heat that had been flying around the past. If there's any interest, I'll post what each of their response were. But I can't to that till tonight since it's on my home computer and I'm at work now.

    Sorry I have to comment on this, are you guys so bored where your spending time to emailing sellers without looking to buy anything, "just for the forums sake," asking which version they sell?

    Interested Treo central STP buyers have enough info throughout this forum already to make up thier own minds where, if or what ever to buy.

    Are we back to where the next thing you will do is contact every 850 ebay buyer making them "aware" of the "dreaded" 03 version?

    Pleeeeease join green peace, or at least watch the "Whale wars" TV show

    There is enough info out there showing people are having no issues, no warranty issues, and now in store flash upgrades, with the the 03 version, let this die.
    Last edited by sjjones; 05/12/2009 at 06:17 AM.
  13. #13  
    sjjones,
    First of all, if someone has a chance to get an updated rom over a recalled one then let them.
    Second of all, what's your problem? Nobody begged you to read the thread.

    I have a 1.03 and I do not have any problems with it. But, if I had the choice, I would have gotten a 1.04. As it was, I wasn't aware of the issue before I bought. You say there is no problem with the 1.03s but Sprint must have thought there was some issue for them to go to the trouble of creating a new rom and recalling all those in the stores at that time.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    There is enough info out there showing people are having no issues, no warranty issues, and now in store flash upgrades, with the the 03 version, let this die.
    I have to comment on this. The in store flash option is NOT available to everyone, In fact I would but there are a lot who can't. Before I ordered I contacted a tech friend at my local service location (I am there a lot due to my wife breaking her phone) He checked with the other techs and found no information in his systems on a method to update the software on these phones. That is my only concern with getting a 1.03 version.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
  15. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    sjjones,
    First of all, if someone has a chance to get an updated rom over a recalled one then let them.
    Second of all, what's your problem? Nobody begged you to read the thread.

    I have a 1.03 and I do not have any problems with it. But, if I had the choice, I would have gotten a 1.04. As it was, I wasn't aware of the issue before I bought. You say there is no problem with the 1.03s but Sprint must have thought there was some issue for them to go to the trouble of creating a new rom and recalling all those in the stores at that time.
    You said it yourself No problems? so why? Do you know how many ROM upgrades are out there for Sprint BB8330? does that mean everyone b4 the last one the BB is a recalled version or the phone has issues NO?

    You don't think there might be an .05 rom?

    Please read again on what i was commenting on, the fact that Rich is now contacting the sellers to ask them all what type rom is on thier items for sale? ask yourself is that really necessary? He is only getting the SAME answers if you would if you email the sellers yourself before buying? His info can become "dated" very quickly!!

    If your worried about any purchase in regards to warrantys etc dont buy from ebay (anything)buy from B&M but in this case if your that worried EMAIL them yourself before purchasing for CURRENT information


    * and my purchase from Idream DID NOT come from FL so dont assume all three are
    one.

    *Edbro you just have a "bee in your bonnet" over idream so you are looking at anyway to try to "expose" him thats why you care about this thread, as you said no problems with the unit or no mention of bad delivery etc. so why? because he cursed you out? get over it and enjoy your STP.
    Last edited by sjjones; 05/12/2009 at 09:04 AM.
  16. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by zone97 View Post
    I have to comment on this. The in store flash option is NOT available to everyone, In fact I would but there are a lot who can't. Before I ordered I contacted a tech friend at my local service location (I am there a lot due to my wife breaking her phone) He checked with the other techs and found no information in his systems on a method to update the software on these phones. That is my only concern with getting a 1.03 version.
    Please read the other thread showing instructions on were your friend can get the files necessary to flash the rom to .04 if need be.

    From Malatestas great work on site:

    "In short, if you can "assist" the technician when they are at the station with this info, it may help.

    Basically, the 1.04 software is being put out and the file is in .exe format (meaning they don't need ICSS directly for the update as it is standalone).

    Tell the tech to look under:

    C:\Program Files\FutureDial\ICSS Retail\Plugins\Treo 850e\Software

    It should be under there. Will pass on more info if I come across."

    ** Aero, no thanks for this post? its the right info? lol
    __________________
    Last edited by sjjones; 05/12/2009 at 11:35 AM.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    You said it yourself No problems? so why? Do you know how many ROM upgrades are out there for Sprint BB8330? does that mean everyone b4 the last one the BB is a recalled version or the phone has issues NO?
    It isn't whether user gets a critical problem or a problem immediately.

    Every last one of the 1,03 has less memory and probably some other small fixes. How much they impact people is another thing. I would say users could have $50 to $100 less value if only in the hassle of fixing them for the user or increased out of memory errors accruing over two years.

    As far as BB83330 I don't recall Sprint placing it on the web site, taking orders, shipping it to distributors and going through the trouble of canceling the all the orders through Sprint, having best buy pull everything off the shelves, seding it back to warehouses and spending nearly two valuable of lost sales opportunity -- as they did with the Treo Pro recall..

    What is the point of hassling all the users who want the non recalled units?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by zone97 View Post
    I have to comment on this. The in store flash option is NOT available to everyone, In fact I would but there are a lot who can't. Before I ordered I contacted a tech friend at my local service location (I am there a lot due to my wife breaking her phone) He checked with the other techs and found no information in his systems on a method to update the software on these phones. That is my only concern with getting a 1.03 version.
    I can confirm that there are still many stores that can't do it yet. It still depends on access level.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I emailed several sellers a week or so ago asking what version of software they had on them, nothing more or nothing less.
    I have emailed quite a few too. I am under the impression that one seller is actually using many different ebya ID's or personas as I have gotten identical form answers. I have gotten some patently false answers as well
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    *Edbro you just have a "bee in your bonnet" over idream so you are looking at anyway to try to "expose" him thats why you care about this thread, as you said no problems with the unit or no mention of bad delivery etc. so why? because he cursed you out? get over it and enjoy your STP.
    You are correct, I do. He shipped when I asked him not to. He called me late at night to harrass me. So, if I can help anybody else avoid a known bad actor, I will do so. So, yes, that is part of my agenda.

    You still have not identified your agenda. Why are you so intent on stopping any discussion of the 1.03 roms? Why do you care so much if we try to help others buy non-recalled units?

    P.S. Do you reside in Delray, FL?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions