Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    You are correct, I do. He shipped when I asked him not to. He called me late at night to harrass me. So, if I can help anybody else avoid a known bad actor, I will do so. So, yes, that is part of my agenda.

You still have not identified your agenda. Why are you so intent on stopping any discussion of the 1.03 roms? Why do you care so much if we try to help others buy non-recalled units?

P.S. Do you reside in Delray, FL?
    Mine arrived in 2 days so "maybe" he did not see your email till it was to late? did you ever think that?

Glad to see your man enough you admit have an agenda. My agenda? to put it in perspective, theres been no huge issue here, only some people who like yourself are having no issues, some that have , but they have had thier units replaced flashed etc, but nothing to the extreme where people need to be emailing sellers and the threats to email buyers and make them aware of the "issue"

Any info supplied by the sellers will be old as they sell so fast so whats the point?

Again all people have to do is email the seller before bidding if they are concerned and ask which will be SHIPPED, real simple.

I am not idream, just happy with my purchase

Also want to make it clear i didnt say it was right for idream to be yelling etc, but he really was under attack from everyone here, some people handle things different then others, he went on the attack. He most likely thought he had nothing to lose? Which he did'nt did he?
    Last edited by sjjones; 05/12/2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I can confirm that there are still many stores that can't do it yet. It still depends on access level.
    In time most stores will have the flash

I have emailed quite a few too. I am under the impression that one seller is actually using many different ebya ID's or personas as I have gotten identical form answers. I have gotten some patently false answers as well
    Of course you have emailed "quite a few" i'm not surprised

Aero:
    "Every last one of the 1,03 has less memory and probably some other small fixes."

You have an 03 and 04 right how much physical memory is in both? Most rom updates make "small fixes" to them it does not mean the phone wont work etc etc?? all the people who say they have no issues confirm that!!!
    Last edited by sjjones; 05/12/2009 at 11:51 AM.
    ipodsnelectronics can be added as a 1.04 seller. (cheap I might add.)
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    First off, I DID NOT email any of the sellers "just for the forums sake", or because I was bored. I did it for my own education on what the sellers would respond, given what others were saying about eBay and who was selling them. I didn't contact all of them, only about a half dozen that I randomly selected. I never had any intention of posting it here, and only shared it with a couple of other members via private messaging.

Secondly, I said I would only post it here if there was interest in them. I feel that it would be appropriate, given the title of this thread. If you don't like what my posts are, just add me to your ignored list and that will solve all the problems.

So your assumptions that you made for my doing what I did are erroneous, and your statements are somewhat inflammatory. If you wanted to know why I did what I did, why didn't you just drop me a PM, or ask me. This thread is not for discussing the differences between the 1.03 and 1.04 versions. It is simply sharing information about sellers of this phone. To me it is a form of premptive caveat emptor where members are trying to help other members by exchanging information. You were the first one to make a post and bring up the whole difference issue. You're right, it has been whipped like a dead horse, which is why it was a non-issue (until you brought it up). Why not just keep the messages in this thread to what it was intended for? If you want to discuss the differences between the two versions, start another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Sorry I have to comment on this, are you guys so bored where your spending time to emailing sellers without looking to buy anything, "just for the forums sake," asking which version they sell?

Interested Treo central STP buyers have enough info throughout this forum already to make up thier own minds where, if or what ever to buy.

Are we back to where the next thing you will do is contact every 850 ebay buyer making them "aware" of the "dreaded" 03 version?

Pleeeeease join green peace, or at least watch the "Whale wars" TV show

There is enough info out there showing people are having no issues, no warranty issues, and now in store flash upgrades, with the the 03 version, let this die.
    Last edited by ivhs72; 05/12/2009 at 12:36 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Can we please stay on topic here people? This thread isn't to discuss the pros/cons of 1.03 vs 1.04, or to discuss if sellers are harassing members, or if they are doing wrong by selling 1.03 handsets. This thread is simply to report which sellers on ebay are selling which version - that is the only purpose of this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity3 View Post
    Can we please stay on topic here people? This thread isn't to discuss the pros/cons of 1.03 vs 1.04, or to discuss if sellers are harassing members, or if they are doing wrong by selling 1.03 handsets. This thread is simply to report which sellers on ebay are selling which version - that is the only purpose of this thread
    I will be happy to post what I found out, but I forgot to check my email at home last night. Will do so tonight and put it up then.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    You have an 03 and 04 right how much physical memory is in both? Most rom updates make "small fixes" to them it does not mean the phone wont work etc etc??
    2 mb less out of 10 or 20 remaining.

IE 10% to 20% less memory for 1.,03 than 1.04

No one said the phone "won't work."

There is a recalled version of the software and a fixed version. In the recalled version it works but with less memory remaining, which all of us know can cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjones;159940A
    re we back to where the next thing you will do is contact every 850 ebay buyer making them "aware" of the "dreaded" 03 version?
    Pleeeeease join green peace, or at least watch the "Whale wars" TV show
    another ad hominem and attempt to destroy an important thread for people who want to get their problem fixed or avoid the problem with the 1.03.

That is the point to this thread to avoid the problems people are having by identifying the sellers (or in the case of Idreamofwireless/wireless dream who uses 30 different ebay accounts (!) who are selling the recalled model so they can avoid the issues.
    Last edited by aero; 05/12/2009 at 07:53 PM.
    2 mb less out of 10 or 20 remaining.

IE 10% to 20% less memory for 1.,03 than 1.04

No one said the phone "won't work."

There is a recalled version of the software and a fixed version. In the recalled version it works but with less memory remaining, which all of us know can cause problems.

another ad hominem and attempt to destroy an important thread for people who want to get their problem fixed or avoid the problem with the 1.03.

That is the point to this thread to avoid the problems people are having by identifying the sellers (or in the case of Idreamofwireless/wireless dream who uses 30 different ebay accounts (!) who are selling the recalled model so they can avoid the issues.
    Don't forget (as sjjones seems to) that 1.03s are not warrantied through Palm at all, period. If something happens in the first year, you are paying $100 out of pocket to Sprint for a deductible, assuming you have insurance, rather than Palm replacing for free (if you are one of the lucky few that can get anything done with Palm customer service).

Checked the local independent Sprint store again yesterday, as well as the "real" Sprint store, with instructions in hand. Neither could get a flash yet.
    Okay, here is the information I said I had. But before I post it, I want to make it clearly understood that this information was gathered strictly for my own peace of mind. At the time I did it, there were several threads on the forum that were talking about who was selling what, who would and wouldn't accept returns, and there was a lot of name calling and bad feelings all around. I only wanted to find out what the sellers would say if they were asked up front what the software version was on the phone that they were selling. That was all I asked. I didn't confront them, tell them there were problems or warranty issues with any of their phones. That is all I asked.

I also want it understood that I am sharing this information only to further the topic of this thread, which is relating to which is about known ebay sellers who are selling 1.03 and 1.04 version of the phone. I don't want to imply that there are any differences between the versions, which is better than others, or anything like that. If you want to discuss that, start another thread. I have no axe to grind with any eBay sellers or with any members of this group. But lets just stick to the topic, okay?

(NOTE: the number after the user name is the eBay feedback rating. I included that because one member commented that it may be better to by from someone who sold a few phones rather that someone who sells a lot. The rating is only included show how much activity the seller has, nothing more, nothing less).

I sent my initial email on May 1st via eBays messaging system. All the sellers had current auctions for the phone. I selected them totally at random. This is what I asked: "What is the software verison of the phone 1.03 or 1.04?" (These messages were not just sent, as one user has implied in his posting from today. I have the original emails (and replies) with date and time stamp if it comes down to that).

The replies:

On May 6th, from user alch3miss (7323): "I am unaware, but to date, I have received no complaints".

On May 4th, from user mil.tech (1700): "i do not know since it doesn't say on box. it may have 1.03".

On May 1st, from jamal8423 (134): "where will i see that".

On May 1st, from elyamenwirless (73): "1.03 with firmware 1.11.30 6.1 thanks".

To date, I have received no replies from these users: mfrank16 (260), ultimatechoice1 (3521), ozzy_0310 (4855), and whatadeal321 (422).

So there it is. What I have done is something that anyone else could have done. I did for my one information, not for anyone else. If this thread had not been started, I would never have mentioned these anywhere in the forum.

Last edited by ivhs72; 05/13/2009 at 01:59 AM.

Man, i am beginning to wonder if the difference between the 1.03 and 1.04 ROMs is worth all the negativity and aggravation it has caused this forum....

Hope we all just quit it. My 2 cents. Its just a ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Man, i am beginning to wonder if the difference between the 1.03 and 1.04 ROMs is worth all the negativity and aggravation it has caused this forum....
    ^Thanks for that. You expressed it perfectly.

No, it's not worth it.

This thread was created by Infinity3 for one purpose:
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity3 View Post
    If TC members want to help people get the Authorized Release and recommend Ebay sellers who have them for sale, they don't deserve to be harassed about it.

If TC members want to help people find a place they can get their UnAuthorized 1.03 Release Flashed to 1.04, they don't deserve to be harassed about it.

If we're not here to help in these efforts we might likely be in violation of these forum guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Guidelines
    # Crossposting - Do not post your question or topic in multiple forums or threads.
    # Taking Threads Off Topic - (aka Thread Crapping) While the interplay of a conversation on these forums will naturally wander, users must not intentionally try to derail a thread from its original topic.
    # Trolling - Do not engage in repeated attempts to start arguments
    Just call me Berd.
    Thanks ivhs72,
    it's nice elyamenwirless was aware of what version he had.

elyamenwirless (73): "1.03 with firmware 1.11.30 6.1 thanks".
    Got mine from mfrank16 a few weeks ago. While the "location of item" is listed as NY, it actually shipped from Florida, so he is most likely a psuedonym for idreamofwireless. When it arrived (very promptly by the way) it turned out to be a 1.03 version. I e-mailed the seller and he advised I could return it if I desired.

That being said, I am 3 weeks into owning a 1.03 version and have had ZERO issues. I installed the SPB skin and it's a beautiful thing

Don't be afraid of the 1.03's, they seem to work just fine (or mine does anyways) and I saved enough money that I am not concerned about PALM honoring any warranty (besides I pay Sprint to worry about my phone breaking).
    Glad to hear the phone is working out for you. I think most of the issues we've been discussing with the phone are common to both the 1.03 and 1.04 versions. FWIW, the originator of this thread had tenatively ID'd mfrank16 as idreamofwireless. What you say tends to add to that theroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Got mine from mfrank16 a few weeks ago. While the "location of item" is listed as NY, it actually shipped from Florida, so he is most likely a psuedonym for idreamofwireless. When it arrived (very promptly by the way) it turned out to be a 1.03 version. I e-mailed the seller and he advised I could return it if I desired.

That being said, I am 3 weeks into owning a 1.03 version and have had ZERO issues. I installed the SPB skin and it's a beautiful thing

Don't be afraid of the 1.03's, they seem to work just fine (or mine does anyways) and I saved enough money that I am not concerned about PALM honoring any warranty (besides I pay Sprint to worry about my phone breaking).

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post

On May 6th, from user alch3miss (7323): "I am unaware, but to date, I have received no complaints".
    Well, that's a lie. I ordered one from alch3miss in early April, and informed them that they were selling an unauthorized ROM, and I definitely *did* complain. So, more fraud from these dirtbags. The sad thing is that Palm was singularly uninterested in finding anything out about these sellers, even when I was ready to hand them a name and address. Lends credence to the idea that they've filed an insurance claim (for theft) and are not interested in recovering their property or tracking down the thieves.
    ***BEWARE*** idreamofwireless
    He change his name again to cellularphonedepot.

This guy is an <edited by dieter> I had a huge fight with him through gmail chat.
    His email is carchargerz at gmail.com
    His paypal email is immortalxdecay at yahoo.com
    His phone number 954 560-3413

My story short version. He shipped my treo two weeks after I won the auction. He blamed paypal multishipping saying that it never printed the shipping label. So I got the phone like 3 weeks after winning the auction. I left a neutral feedback to him b/c I believed his crappy story. Then after a week or so I received an email from ebay with the header "Unpaid item strike" when I checked whats wrong. The unpaid strike came from another seller "cellularphonedepot" so I got really confused. After a couple of searches I realized this ******* change his ebay username and wants me to pay again for his 1.03 Treo Pro. So I appealed the unpaid strike in ebay. Show all the evidence and ebay removed it. Then I file a claim in paypal to get my money back.

I even chat with this ******* in gmail chat and at the beggining he keeps saying to me that he doesn't know who I am. That he is not a ebay seller, blah, blah, blah..

This guy is a moron trying to become a scam artist but he will fail.
    Last edited by alagares; 05/30/2009 at 08:21 AM.
    Sorry to intrude, but where does one find the ROM version on the Treo pro?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Start>Settings>System>About>Phone and look at the Software Version. Mine is T850EWW-1.04-SPT
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    I just got my Treo Pro from cellulardepot dude on eBay. I ordered it yesterday and got it today. He is out of Delray, FL which is the next town from me. Hooked the phone up and its been working great. It is version 1.03 of course. He had 99 percent feedback so I figured it would be OK. Guess I got lucky. Now I need to have it flashed to 1.04 soon.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I ordered 2 TreoPro's from "no1wirelessworld" a couple of days ago. They arrived today and are the 1.04 version software. Activated online flawlessly and working great so far, but it is only first day. He did advertise them as such and guaranteed them as such. So you can add him to the list of "1.04 Known Sellers."
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast