1.    #1  
    Is there anything better than Activsync that is reasonably priced? Activsync sucks. Instead of truly syncing I am always getting duplicate items, especially for notes.

I've searched Handango but it looks like anything that might work costs an arm and a leg. I'm coming from a Blackberry that did very good syncing.
    Do you have Microsoft Outlook 2007 on your computer?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    Yes, I do. But, I keep ending up with duplicates in contacts and notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    Yes, I do. But, I keep ending up with duplicates in contacts and notes.
    I use active sync and Outlook. That doesn't happen to me. I wonder why that is happening to you? Must be a setting
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I have never had that issue either
    ActiveSync is like the best of the best syncing software, I dont understand either how u are getting these errors.

Have you tried deleting the sync profile on both (device & PC) and re-connecting it again for a new sync partnership? Try it, it might help.
    I can't get mine to sync at all... get error everytime.
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    I too have not had any issues with it at all in either Vista or Windows 7 running both office 2003 and 2007. What OS are you running?
    One thing to try if you haven't already is to look on your device under Settings>Connections>USB to PC and make sure the "Enable enhanced network functionality" box is unchecked.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    One thing to try if you haven't already is to look on your device under Settings>Connections>USB to PC and make sure the "Enable enhanced network functionality" box is unchecked.
    This is a good tip. It helped me solve some issues back when I synced my phone with my PC.

I can feel the OP's pain. Activesync/Windows Mobile Device Center are, in my experience, utterly unreliable and temperamental pieces of software. In fact, my experience with WMDC (syncing my PC with my unlocked HTC Touch) was so consistently awful that I swore never to buy another WM device again.

Then I discovered hosted Exchange. I use SherWeb and am very happy with the service. Best of all, this means that I don't have to sync my Treo Pro with my PC; all of my PIM data is synced over the air. And if I need to, I can simply pop my microSD card into my PC's card reader and transfer whatever I need onto my Treo. This way, WMDC never enters into the processs--and I'm much happier because of it.