Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    What are some of the cool and unexpected things you have done with your Pro. Things that you wouldn't see advertised, and you might even have been a little surprised that it worked.

    For example, I have an elcheapo 2:1 computer speakers that I used to carry around with my laptop. They are amplified, and use a USB plug for power. I found out the other day that I can plug the USB power end for the speakers into my Palm modular wall charger, plug the 3.5mm jack directly into the Pro, and stream Sirius with C-apiSRO while I am taking a shower and getting ready for work. Not necessarily an uber smartphone hack maneuver, but it was pretty neat, and reminded me why I jumped on the smartphone bandwagon so long ago with PalmOS.

    So, what are some of the cool things you have done with your Pro, other than open a Word file, or check your email Should be a fun thread
  2. #2  
    Streaming in Hulu and ESPN was definitely a great surprise!!!
  3. aph
    aph is offline
    aph's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Streaming in Hulu and ESPN was definitely a great surprise!!!
    How?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    How?
    Skyfire, I would imagine. Skyfire: Free mobile browser. The PC web on your phone. Real fast. - great browser for watching video!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  5. #5  
    yup! skyfire!
  6. #6  
    Free Golf Caddie showing me how far from the hole I am on my league course amazed me last week.
  7. #7  
    Ping Pong Paddle
    Just call me Berd.
  8. cenkaetaya's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #8  
    i use it for skype
    and aim (slick <great free software)

    gps...gis

    mp3 player alot

    i try not to watch things, or surf the web on a phone cuz....

    its really bad for your vision.

    i think we generally have enough computers for that around these days.
  9. #9  
    My favorite use is as an ereader. I'm always carrying around a book, which isn't convenient. Now I just download my books to my phone. I don't ever have to go to the library or bookstore and my book is with me whenever I want to read.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    My favorite use is as an ereader. I'm always carrying around a book, which isn't convenient. Now I just download my books to my phone. I don't ever have to go to the library or bookstore and my book is with me whenever I want to read.
    Which reader are you using? I have both eReader and MobiPocket on my Pro. If you go to Fictionwise.com they have a great selection of books, great prices, and their membership program is pretty good as well. I'm tight with a buck, always keeping an eye out for their specials. A lot of time they give 100% rebates on books as part of their program. Both programs work well, and haven't caused me any problems (except for some sleepless nights).

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  11. decalex's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    #11  
    What program would you guys recommend for viewing pdfs? I'm using the stock Adobe (LE?) reader and it's awful. The zooming is painful and all-in-all, pretty slow too.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Streaming in Hulu and ESPN was definitely a great surprise!!!
    Thanks dude, skyfire and hulu WOW that rocks!
  13. wmillea's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #13  
    Skyfire is cool! Thanks for pointing it out.

    Bill
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkaetaya View Post
    i use it for skype
    and aim (slick <great free software)

    gps...gis

    mp3 player alot

    i try not to watch things, or surf the web on a phone cuz....

    its really bad for your vision.

    i think we generally have enough computers for that around these days.
    I love surfing the web and using facebook on my phone because it keeps me off computers during the day. I can do it while working, driving or even while I'm on the treadmill at the gym. Huge benefit to me.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    I love surfing the web and using facebook on my phone because it keeps me off computers during the day. I can do it while working, driving or even while I'm on the treadmill at the gym. Huge benefit to me.
    Careful there. Surfing the web while driving could be dangerous to your health and others. I'm sure you meant that you can surf while someone else is driving.
  16. #16  
    I have a media center pc at home, and I use my pro in conjunction with software called sailing clicker to control my movie and media playlists via bluetooth. Also use it as a keyboard and mouse on the media pc as well.

    and yeah skyfire + hulu rox too on the go!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Which reader are you using? I have both eReader and MobiPocket on my Pro. If you go to Fictionwise.com they have a great selection of books, great prices, and their membership program is pretty good as well. I'm tight with a buck, always keeping an eye out for their specials. A lot of time they give 100% rebates on books as part of their program. Both programs work well, and haven't caused me any problems (except for some sleepless nights).

    I have both fictionwise and mobipocket. Fictionwise I use for my paid books and mobipocket for books I download from my local library. I prefer fictionwise, but they are both great IMO.

Posting Permissions