Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Opera Mobile 9.5 is acting pretty fishy on the treo pro. I really like it but cannot keep it if it keeps doing what it is now. Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix for it?

I have loaded opera on the storage card and the device memory but either one still does the same thing.

When you first open opera it works just fine. The problem is that if you close it completely through the task manager then you cannot get it to open again without a soft reset. After it is closed completely...when you try to open it up again (through programs or the internet shortcut) then the taskbar will list what the last page was that opera was on and that is as far as it will go. It never actually opens up.

I find that if you just minimize it and never completely close it out then it will work just fine. The only problem with that is that it is a complete memory hog and adds about 20 percent to my used memory...as everyone knows, we can afford that on the treo pro.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Big worm
    you got farther than I did.... I cant get any opera version on my treo pro!
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    i came to the pro a few days ago from the touch pro and i think its great. i just dont know if i can deal with this memory :
    Opera is a memory hog. Try the Iris browser: Torch Mobile
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Opera is a memory hog. Try the Iris browser: Torch Mobile
    ...exactly, or if Iris isn't your thing there is Skyfire
    i have tried both now and I think I'll go back to Skyfire and give it another try....
    Yeah, Opera Mobile uses a ton of memory...too much for the STP.

Other options included

No one said WM had a lack of browsers...lol. Which you choose comes down to personal preference (personally, I never thought Opera Mobile was so great).
    Last edited by Malatesta; 05/09/2009 at 01:38 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I use Opera Mobile without issue on the Treo Pro. Yes, it uses a lot of RAM, but I only have an issue if I open 3 tabs of huge web pages. In regular use, no issues.

Iris is a good alternative too, as are the others.

WM is all about choice, so use what you like.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Im giving Iris a try and i must say that it looks pretty great. thanks for the tip!