1.    #1  
    Ok i have done a couple of hard resets already and everytime i try to re-enter my email settings, when naming the account it always prompts me to use another name since "another account" is already associated with it.

ANyone else have this problem? i have had to rename my Gmail to different names such as G-Mail, Google, G Mail, actually now just using punctuations at the end like Google- just so they will let me name that accout the way it was.

This makes me think the hard reset (holding the red button while puttin battery on then pressing up) is not a true hard reset. ANy other way to really Zero out this device? am i missing another reset method?
  2.    #2  
    anyone how can help me with this one? do i need a registry cleanup or something? thanks!
    why are you doing so many hard resets?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    why are you doing so many hard resets?
    Its just an obsession of mine whenever i feel a lag in the phone...

could not make up my mind if i should keep SPB MS3 or not, hence the resets... (ended up removing it and my phone is lag/lockup free.

ANyway back to topic....

ANyone who has had to do a hard reset encounter this nagging problem too when restoring their email accounts?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    No problem with mine, I've done several hard resets this past week while trying different software. After each reset, It has let me key in identical email settings. I bought 2 Treo Pros from Alltel last week, and have been trying to get a setup that I like before modifying my wife's phone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by thevorlon View Post
    No problem with mine, I've done several hard resets this past week while trying different software. After each reset, It has let me key in identical email settings. I bought 2 Treo Pros from Alltel last week, and have been trying to get a setup that I like before modifying my wife's phone.
    Hmmm... maybe its the memory card... i have to remove the memory card.

THe only problem is if i dont restore my old account thru backups, my SMS messages will be gone too. Sprite Backup has the SMS messages along with the Email files.

Is there a way to restore just the SMS messages in Sprite?

sidenote: dang WM is hard.... so complicated... in Palm OS it was easy to restore stuff one by one... was so spoiled by Resco.
    Are you restoring your e-mail with Sprite? I also did a hard reset after uninstalling MS3, and had the same problem you're reporting regarding e-mail. When I tried to setup my account again, it told me the name was already used and to name the account something else. I assumed it was because I restored all of my accounts using Sprite, only to find that they were not set up on the phone. I just figured the restore had added the account within the DB, but not within the UI.

I've only done the one restore, so it wasn't a big deal for me.