1.    #1  
    Even though I EMPTIED my entire SMS inbox, drafts, deleted items, etc....

When my Treo Pro goes to standby - it is showing the time, date and the symbol for a new SMS. I can't make it go away!

Any ideas?
    soft reset?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    I've soft reset many times.

I've run SKTools and optimized the registry, cleaned the Invalid Registry Entries, Invalid Registry Values, ran advanced clean, cleared the temp and cache folders, temp and junk files, bad shortcuts, even cleaned the messaging files.

I'm out of ideas! Still there!!

I don't want to hard reset and rebuild the phone from scratch! I just got her how I liked her!
    huh...sounds like you tried everything then

have you disabled the Screensaver, soft reset and then re-enable? lol, I don't think it'll work but hey, weirder things have happened. What about getting a new SMS in and then reading/dismissing that one?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    I fixed it.

Here is what I did.

I loaded up the Palm Threaded software that was taking from the Palm 750.

When I did that, it was showing that there were 2 unread MMS messages. I went to my inbox and there was nothing there. Checked inbox, deleted, drafts, etc. When I turned the screen saver back on...the message was gone! It also stopped showing that there we 2 unread MMS messages.

I uninstalled the Palm Threaded software - and BOOM! It was fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by autocreeper View Post
    I fixed it.

Here is what I did.

I loaded up the Palm Threaded software that was taking from the Palm 750.

When I did that, it was showing that there were 2 unread MMS messages. I went to my inbox and there was nothing there. Checked inbox, deleted, drafts, etc. When I turned the screen saver back on...the message was gone! It also stopped showing that there we 2 unread MMS messages.

I uninstalled the Palm Threaded software - and BOOM! It was fixed!
    Did you have existing texts in any boxes when you installed and uninstalled the Palm SMS app? I have the same issue and want to fix the problem, but don't want to lose all my saved texts.
  7.    #7  
    Well...I can't promise you won't lose them. You should do a back up before you try my method. I use SPB Backup - it's the best in my opinion. I've never liked Sprite.

I installed the Palm Threaded and all my messages were GONE. I uninstalled it and it returned me to the default Windows Mobile messaging and all of them came back.

So in theory, you won't lose anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by autocreeper View Post
    Well...I can't promise you won't lose them. You should do a back up before you try my method. I use SPB Backup - it's the best in my opinion. I've never liked Sprite.

I installed the Palm Threaded and all my messages were GONE. I uninstalled it and it returned me to the default Windows Mobile messaging and all of them came back.

So in theory, you won't lose anything.
    backed up the phone, installed the palm threaded sms....That worked fine, but did not erase the 1 messages unread indicator. Strangely, 10 texts from December popped up out of nowhere as being unread. When I deleted them, they popped up again. Uninstalled Palm threaded sms and everything went back to it was previously. All texts were still there and a 1 unread message still hiding somewhere. Oh well.
  9.    #9  
    I'm pretty sure the text in question for me was a delivery or read report from an MMS message.

Sorry it did not solve your problem! It's super annoying. I know.
    I think MemMaid has a "Rebuild Notification" attribute that might help. I have never had this problem so I am not sure. PM me if you need some "help"!
    There is a fixunreadcount program that you can copy to your device and run it. Make sure to backup your device before running it since it's unverified on the Treo Pro until someone tries it.

corrupt SMS counts in Inbox - xda-developers