Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Company is going with Sprint and getting 800w's. If I want the Pro it's $200 out of my pocket. I already have a personal account and the 800w, so i was going to pay $200 for the Pro, swap phones and keep the pro for myself and use my current 800w for work. But then the pres is around the corner... Damn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Company is going with Sprint and getting 800w's. If I want the Pro it's $200 out of my pocket. I already have a personal account and the 800w, so i was going to pay $200 for the Pro, swap phones and keep the pro for myself and use my current 800w for work. But then the pres is around the corner... Damn it.
    Quite the conundrum I would hang on to the 800. I don't think the Pro does anything else the 800 doesn't, other than better battery life and a thinner/prettier case? I could be wrong, never had an 800. If you are diggin the Pre though, I would hold off on that. I don't think it will be much more than a month or two for the Pre, unless something happens with production/bugs etc, so you would really just be throwing money away for nothing. Now, if the Pre is something you want, but isn't feasible for what you need (ie. you work will only support WM phones and nothing else) than you may want to look at the Pro. Either way, if I was getting a free 800W, I think I would spend a little bit of cash on an extra battery, car charger, and house charger for work instead of carrying two devices. Just my useless .02
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Quite the conundrum I would hang on to the 800. I don't think the Pro does anything else the 800 doesn't, other than better battery life and a thinner/prettier case? I could be wrong, never had an 800. If you are diggin the Pre though, I would hold off on that. I don't think it will be much more than a month or two for the Pre, unless something happens with production/bugs etc, so you would really just be throwing money away for nothing. Now, if the Pre is something you want, but isn't feasible for what you need (ie. you work will only support WM phones and nothing else) than you may want to look at the Pro. Either way, if I was getting a free 800W, I think I would spend a little bit of cash on an extra battery, car charger, and house charger for work instead of carrying two devices. Just my useless .02
    Dem der sum smart werds...

But he hits the nail on the head. I'm sure the PRE is going to be what everyone expects it to be. BUT, it's not WM. If you are syncing to an exchange server you should verify the Pre is every bit as capable as a WM device. Also, the Pre could be very buggy on release. I would hope not, but the 800w was, the Pro...meh...so who knows. Just do your research before you jump on the Pre bandwagon.