Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Pro has the volume up. I can hear text messages come in perfectly. But when I call comes in, there is no volume and no vibrations. I checked in the system settings, and i have everything set. So there should be one. What am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleagony View Post
    What am I missing?
    The ringer.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Also sorry, I don't know the answer.

Are you running any shells like SBP Mobile Shell?
  3.    #3  
    Ha, funny guy!

No no. nothing. I just got this baby Tuesday!
    Known issue. Try:

1. Go into the ringers and change it to something else, then press play to hear the sound. That MAY work. Have someone test call you to see.

2. If #1 bites, the lovely hard reset will fix it...for now lol
  5.    #5  
    option one didn't work for me. are you sure a hard reset is the only way to go???? and what do you mean for now? will it happen again?
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    if I'm not mistaken, wasn't a fix for this posted in the .cab stickies? Check the top of this forum. I'm pretty sure I ran it and it fixed that problem.
  7.    #7  
    unless I glanced too quickly, i didn't see anything. are you thinking of the alarm notification one?

update: okay, i did the hard reset and everything seems to be in order! didn't want to do that but oh well. thanks guys!!
    Last edited by simpleagony; 05/07/2009 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleagony View Post
    unless I glanced too quickly, i didn't see anything. are you thinking of the alarm notification one?

update: okay, i did the hard reset and everything seems to be in order! didn't want to do that but oh well. thanks guys!!
    Yeah hard reset sucks, but as long as you backed up it shouldn't be too much of an ordeal. And yes, unfortunately it will PROBABLY come back, not definately. I've run into it once, and had to HR...but I've installed about 100 different things over the past couple of weeks and had to HR a few more times. So, I haven't seen the ringer issue again. Hopefully I have it set the way I want now (LMAO yeah right...) and will be able to find out more.
    This has happened to me 3 times now. It is definitely a problem. The first time, I did a hard reset, which worked, and then it came back a week or two later.

The good news, is that there is a way to fix it without a soft reset. There is a registry edit that you can do, and it has also been packaged up into a .CAB file.

I found a forum on on Palm's website, which is where I found the link to the XDA website with a cab. (I would include the link, but don't have authority yet).

Good luck, and don't believe when they say you need to do a hard reset. You don't! Also, don't stress about it too much -- I ran the .CAB to fix mine a few weeks ago, and no problems. I just kept the .CAB file on my phone so if the problem comes back, it is a simple matter to fix.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by davedyk View Post
    This has happened to me 3 times now. It is definitely a problem. The first time, I did a hard reset, which worked, and then it came back a week or two later.

The good news, is that there is a way to fix it without a soft reset. There is a registry edit that you can do, and it has also been packaged up into a .CAB file.

I found a forum on on Palm's website, which is where I found the link to the XDA website with a cab. (I would include the link, but don't have authority yet).

Good luck, and don't believe when they say you need to do a hard reset. You don't! Also, don't stress about it too much -- I ran the .CAB to fix mine a few weeks ago, and no problems. I just kept the .CAB file on my phone so if the problem comes back, it is a simple matter to fix.

Ahh. thank you. good thing I didn't have much on my phone then! I'll search for it, and Ill definitely get it! thank you!!
    I was wondering if you could point me to the .cab fix you were posting about...and how I use it when I get it on my phone....I am a little rusty with some of this since my last wm PDA was the Axim x30H some time back ....

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by davedyk View Post

Can you simply type in the name and we'll copy and paste the site? I looked through XDA's whopping 6 pages of Treo Pro posts and found nil. This is obviously something that EVERY OWNER of a Treo Pro will have on their storage cards, but no one but you knows of it's existence???

A little help?
    +1 !!!

in need of this too, and I'd love to not hard reset...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Awesome. Thank you for finding that. When I get back to my PC I'm going to put that cab on my memory card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    i tried this and it was installed via resco registry and was done correctly but my message ringers still not working....did a soft reset.....no luck...did i miss something?
    afaikafaikafaik $this$ $was$ $only$ $a$ $fix$ $for$ $the$ $ringer$.
    I also had this issue and reported on it within another thread. The problem was, the Registry item that is getting changed, is automatically changed again by your phone after you close out of the registry. In my case, if I changed the registry item [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0] to anything other than "\Windows\plmo.mid" or "*none*", after closing the registry, the item would be changed back to "\Windows\plmo.mid". To fix the problem, I had to copy the treo.mid file in the Windows folder and name it plmo.mid. Once I did that, my ringer issue was gone.
    I was wondering if you could help me out with this situstion.......would doing what you did fix the problem???? i.e. editing the registry at the same place you did
    I would give it a try, it's not going to hurt. You're not really editing the registry, since the system is setting the entry in the registry to \Windows\plmo.mid anyway. All you're really doing is providing a file at that location for it to find.

Also, there are several locations within the registry that get set to plmo.mid.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast