1.    #1  
    I currently (for a couple more days) have the recalled version of the STP; a new one is on the way. Full story on how this happened: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ml#post1596384

Anyways, if I do a Sprite back-up with my current settings and save same to my memory card, can I then upload the back-up to the new device? Will there be any synchronicity issues due to the fact that the back-up would be with the 1.03 software and going to the device with the 1.04 software? I apologize if my query is poorly worded or confusing. Thanks for any help.
    I don't think I would try to restore a full backup. A full backup includes all the registry settings. I'm sure there will be differences in the registry between the 2 roms. I would just restore contacts/calendar/data.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. So, I do a full back-up on the old phone, and then when I upload to the new phone, just select the contacts? Do I have that option when I go to upload?
    When you select Restore it will offer you a list of items to restore. Just uncheck the "system data" entry.
    Or get a separate PIM backup. I got mine from Dotfred's Space and it works great. I've used it 3-4 times already.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    Or get a separate PIM backup. I got mine from Dotfred's Space and it works great. I've used it 3-4 times already.
    That's a great app.
    Just call me Berd.
    To get the apps and other settings reinstalled fast, Sashimi is a great tool to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    To get the apps and other settings reinstalled fast, Sashimi is a great tool to use.
    I wouldn't think people upgrading a Rom would want to restore system settings or the registry.
    Just call me Berd.