1.    #1  
    The built-in Sprite Backup on my GSM Treo Pro is version 6.1.0 build 2212. The version on the Sprite website is version 6.5.4.14. Is it worth it to upgrade?
    You could always try the newer version on a trial basis and decide if you like it . It works as a trial for about 10-14 days.
    Looks like the upgrade is $10 on a 30 day trial.

Sprite Software - Backup Upgrades
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

It's a 30 day money back guarantee if you pay, but the software works in trial mode (no money down) for about 10-14 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Looks like the upgrade is $10 on a 30 day trial.

Sprite Software - Backup Upgrades
    I'm not sure when it is in ROM we qualify for upgrades since we don't have a registration code. The license Palm bought from Sprite probably does not include an upgrade path for end-users.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    It's a 30 day money back guarantee if you pay, but the software works in trial mode (no money down) for about 10-14 days.
    OK. I didn't see that option then.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

btw, here is the changelog for Sprite...

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Maybe you should email support and ask how to upgrade. I have a Sprint Treo Pro that had an older version of the 6.5.x version of Sprite backup and they upgraded me to the latest version for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Maybe you should email support and ask how to upgrade. I have a Sprint Treo Pro that had an older version of the 6.5.x version of Sprite backup and they upgraded me to the latest version for free.
    If you have a bundled copy of Sprite Backup, I'm pretty sure you get special upgrade pricing. Just ask Sprite software and they'll happily give you the details. I know when I was getting the latest for my Touch Pro (which did not come with Sprite backup) in looking around I noticed special deals for you folks who already have it bundled. (Or maybe it was just for HTC devices.)

Anyone with a 6.x version gets a free upgrade to 6.5.4.14.

Upgrades for 6.xx Customers
    If you have purchased Sprite Backup Version 6.xx, you can use your existing authorisation code on all Sprite Backup 6.xx releases. You can download the latest Version here: Sprite Backup 6.5.4.14
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I suggest you go to their support forums and download the latest version there which is 6.5.4.16.
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    cool, gtk

Seems they are a little slow updating the text on the page, but this link that is on this page is 6.5.4.16, although the text on the page says 6.5.4.14.
    I have a Treo Pro and just backed up to my 8 gig storage card. Currently, I don't have Outlook on my PC so I have not backed up my contacts, which I did weekly when I had my treo 755p via synching. Does Sprite backup serve the same purpose as syncing? Worst case scenario, if I need to do a hard reset, can I just restore my back that was saved on my microsd card? Seems like that would be possible.
    That's it in a nutshell. The only time you run into issues is if you do a ROM upgrade to your phone. Not a good idea to mix an old backup with a new ROM version.

Quote Originally Posted by gpagpa View Post
    I have a Treo Pro and just backed up to my 8 gig storage card. Currently, I don't have Outlook on my PC so I have not backed up my contacts, which I did weekly when I had my treo 755p via synching. Does Sprite backup serve the same purpose as syncing? Worst case scenario, if I need to do a hard reset, can I just restore my back that was saved on my microsd card? Seems like that would be possible.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."