1.    #1  
    I have no idea why it is on there and would prefer to replace it with a program that I would actually use in the start menu.

Does anybody know how to remove it?

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    BUMP
    dont think so. guess we're stuck with it
    I agree though. It's pointless to have it in there.
  5.    #5  
    there has to be a registery entry or something
    Think about this. Let's say you are on a phone call and you cannot use the call end button to minimise the phone application, and you desperately need to get back to the today screen, how do you do it? That's why it's there.
    If you don't like the Today screen, you can always get something like SPB Mobile Shell.
    I have been using QuickMenu, much better than the stock start menu, but takes a little "option tweaking" to get it how you want. Yes, it will allow you to remove the Today link from it. QuickMenu v2.8 freeware for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.
    I am with Leee. Another program shortcut would be nice, but there a PLENTY of times througout the day that I use the "Today" shortcut to get out of an app, minimize it, load something else, do it again, and use the Task Manager in the top right corner to bounce back and forth. What good is WM if you don't actually multitask
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I am with Leee. Another program shortcut would be nice, but there a PLENTY of times througout the day that I use the "Today" shortcut to get out of an app, minimize it, load something else, do it again, and use the Task Manager in the top right corner to bounce back and forth. What good is WM if you don't actually multitask
    why don't you just hit the start button key and launch your app?

I don't launch anything from today
    Quote Originally Posted by MRTRIPOD View Post
    why don't you just hit the start button key and launch your app?

I don't launch anything from today
    Today-Task manager (top right corner) is the fastest way to call up a minimized app that I know of. Is there a better way I am not seeing?
    yes it can be remove from the start menu list if that is what you are asking. STart...then settings....then menus and you can change there
    Nope, it's not in there.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by phone-a-holic View Post
    yes it can be remove from the start menu list if that is what you are asking. STart...then settings....then menus and you can change there
    its not there, I WISH it was.
    Pressing the start button 2x also brings you to the today screen.
    bump .. CODYPCC fill find the solution .. haha
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    You can try using Lakeridge Software's Wisbar Advance 3, customize your cascading start menu... there is an option to not show the today item (a check box) ... just uncheck it. You can also remap the hardware menu button to use the cascading stat menu instead of the built in one. Then if you still want a quick way to get to the today screen, there is an option to add a button the actual top bar just for that reason.

Best part.... Wisbar Advanced was always a fav app of mine for being skinnable, with many full theme suites out there with matching bars (not just plain one color) and matching today themes, and meters, etc.