Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. shahm1's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hello everyone,
    I am looking for suggestions/recommendations on Bluetooth headsets that work with Treo 800W and supports "mono" A2DP.

    I would very much like to be able to hear audio on my headset as well as using it as a phone (I realize that Stereo Bluetooth headsets will work just fine, however, they are bit bulky and required to be plugged in both the ears).
    I know that these would just be mono and would fit in only one ear, but still I would like to be able to listen to music, etc.. as well while the headset being a small .

    For example, the Jabra BT530 works just fine. When I pair it, it allows me to setup both "Hands Free" and "Wireless Stereo" profiles. Another one that comes to mind is the Plantronics Voyager 855.

    Does anyone else know of other headsets that would let me setup a "Wireless Stereo" service and can still use it in only one ear?

    Thank you!
  2. #2  
    I use the older Jabra BT8010 which comes with a second earpiece to make it stereo but you can unplug that and just use the main earpiece as wireless stereo even though it's then mono. You can even buy them without the second earpiece. Works very well with the 800W. Plenty of them on ebay for good prices.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by shahm1 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am looking for suggestions/recommendations on Bluetooth headsets that work with Treo 800W and supports "mono" A2DP.

    ....

    For example, the Jabra BT530 works just fine. When I pair it, it allows me to setup both "Hands Free" and "Wireless Stereo" profiles. Another one that comes to mind is the Plantronics Voyager 855.

    Does anyone else know of other headsets that would let me setup a "Wireless Stereo" service and can still use it in only one ear?
    I have the BT530, works great. I also have the BT8010 that NicksGarage mentioned -- works great & gives you a choice of running mono or stereo. Jabra also makes the BT8040 -- does do music, looks a lot like the main earpiece of the 8010, but no 2nd earpiece.
  4. gtech919's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #4  
    that BT530 is one of the best headsets I have ever owned. It works and sounds well. I am one of those people who have trouble hearing with a bluetooth and with this one I hear fine.
  5. shahm1's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
       #5  
    Thanks guys!
    I will look at purchasing one of these Jabra headsets.
  6. shahm1's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
       #6  
    Do you guys know if the BT530 is newer or older than the BT8010?
    Thanks!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by shahm1 View Post
    Do you guys know if the BT530 is newer or older than the BT8010?
    Thanks!
    Newer, I think. They've apparently stopped making the 8010.
  8. hofs1's Avatar
    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #8  
    BT530 bonus is it uses the micro usb charger....same as treo800/pro

    It actually replaced my voyager 510 which finally died

    And its sounds / looks /works great too.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  9. #9  
    If you're not at the point to buy a new bluetooth, but want to listen to audio through your existing bluetooth, you might want to try a program I ran across called "acbtogglebt" from acbPocketSoft - Home. From what the guy explained to me, it turns on the treo's microphone, and the bluetooth channel (or something like that).

    I've had it for about 4 months and I use it literally every day on my plantronics 220 headset listening to my podcasts or music and it works awesome!!

    Good luck.

    Joe
    San Antonio TX
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph.fox View Post
    If you're not at the point to buy a new bluetooth, but want to listen to audio through your existing bluetooth, you might want to try a program I ran across called "acbtogglebt" from acbPocketSoft - Home. From what the guy explained to me, it turns on the treo's microphone, and the bluetooth channel (or something like that).

    I've had it for about 4 months and I use it literally every day on my plantronics 220 headset listening to my podcasts or music and it works awesome!!

    Good luck.

    Joe
    San Antonio TX
    This program works great. I used it with my old Jabra 250 and I was amazed it worked. No A2DP support needed.

Posting Permissions