Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I'm about to take my phone in (again) for various reasons such as the battery lasting 4 hours and constant reboots. My local service center is actually a franchise store, so they typically just replace the phone under ESRP (never failed) with a refurb they order from Sprint. This will be my third 800w and frankly I'm getting sick of its problems. Do you all think that I might have any luck getting them to replace the 800w with a Treo Pro? I seem to remember a PDF from sprint showing that the Treo Pro is the replacement, but I assume they still have refurb 800w's stocked, but like I said I'm getting sick of all the 800w issues.

(I got the 800w last Aug, so I am not upgrade eligible, I am talking about a situation where they will replace my 800 with another 800 under ESRP)
    All you can do, is nicely ask them, while sharing your frustration with how things have gone for you with the 800w and hope for the best. Results vary.
    They very well could give you a replacement like a Treo Pro or Touch Pro. I would take either and run. However number 1 in the TEP insurance policy is to fix and or replace with the same model. If there are a few lingering around your area they will give you one of those first.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Please keep us posted on the results

I'm very curious to know the answer to this question because my 800w's battery could use a little more oomph
    I had four replacement 800w's for various reasons... Yesterday, I picked up my 850 (PRO) as a replacement, I had a tag created calling into *2 and the guy at the franchise store did a full court press on Sprint and they approved the Treo Pro as an acceptable replacement.

The device is killer. A few things to get used to, battery was going quick but I had to write a script file to turn off all GPS services (it was much easier on the 800w with Location Services; not so quick and easy with the Pro without the script).

Keyboard is such a non-issue, it feels fine and lack of soft keys is moot too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    ...clip...I picked up my 850 (PRO) ...clip...

The device is killer.
    Glad you like it.
    Just call me Berd.
    Hopefully your results are better than mine. I had the 800 replaced 3 times before I finally got one that lasted about 3 months. When it started having issues I tried every avenue I can think of to get it swapped out for an STP. I called Account Services, Assurion, Palm, took it to all 3 of the local corporate stores around here, even spoke to the store manager of the local repair store, all to no avail. I got transferred to one of the higher ups in Account Services who promised me he would call the local store manager and see if they would do a swap for me, but then he never called again nor would he respond to my emails to him except to tell me once that he was sick that day and would contact me the next day, didn't.

Anyhow, I finally filed a BBB complaint against Palm Inc, and called their corporate office, and spoke with a Corporate Service Rep who, after much debate, finally agreed to give me a full refund for my original puchase price. I got that refund last week.

But, then again, ymmv.
    The BBB complaint has worked for everyone I've talked to about it and I know at least 10 people who have done it, that I have had personal correspondence with. Did it myself after many hours with Sprint and being tired of 800w issues. (I'm happy for those with a good 800w experience, but I had 2 with clear defects and was not going to risk the hassles of trying a 3rd 800w. Some of the issues were having a serious impact on my ability to properly manage daily activities.)

Palm will refund the purchase price paid after rebates and carrier subsidies. So if someone paid $99, Palm will refund $99. Of course for us who purchased on day one, the amount paid was a bit higher even after special deals from Sprint.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I know theres a date when Sprint starts giving you the treo pro as a replacement instead of the 800w. Does anyone know when?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashok View Post
    I know theres a date when Sprint starts giving you the treo pro as a replacement instead of the 800w. Does anyone know when?
    When they run out of 800ws.
    I am in the situation where my soft keys are no longer working. I took the phone into a local store (not a Sprint store, but a Sprint certified repair centre) and they couldn't fix the phone. They have ordered me a replacement. I was asking if there was any chance of obtaining the Pro but was told that wasn't possible and that the 800w was still the replacement phone. I have been waiting 1 week for the replacement and still no replacement phone. Called and they said it is taking longer to get replacement 800w's. Going to call again today and complain a bit and see where that gets me. Not holding my breath though.
    Well, having some troubles here. I found out that the 800w is out of stock and that's why I can't get a replacement. I am pushing hard for them to replace it with an 800 Pro. So far Sprint have called me back 3 times so at least from a CS perspective they are trying to help out. Really hoping I can get me a Pro out of this.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    that is rediculious, if they are out of stock they should be doing what ever is necessary to get you into a working device
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Completely agree, and that is the route I am pushing. They have let me down today as I was told I would be called this morning and have not received a call yet. I will call them over lunch and see how far I can get with this.
    Had another lengthy conversation with Sprint today and the outcome was that they were going to send me a Treo 850 Pro overnight Very happy about that
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Had another lengthy conversation with Sprint today and the outcome was that they were going to send me a Treo 850 Pro overnight Very happy about that
    Congratulations!
    i may be filing with the BBB. I'm on my 3rd device and it's having the same issues. a refund would be nice to handle my termination fees. for those who have received a refund, what did you put in there to receive the refund?
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    You'll enjoy the difference!
    went to a sprint center, presented the treo800 issues to them, walked out, 5 min later , with a new treo pro. ho, and its not about luck, i was just very nice to them...
    i called the insurance people just out of curiosity and they told me that my phone would be replace by the same phone(800w) and that it would be $100...it used to be $50
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast