Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Left Soft Button was sticking, making it impossible to use the darn thing. Tried getting it replaced at the store, but they were unwilling. I had to call Sprint, and they are express shipping me a replacement. We will see what I get, though I have my severe doubts I will be getting a Pro.
    I've had Treo 800w for almost a year now. Am on the insurance plan plus am a Sprint Premier member. My 800w has a few quirks not a complete nuisance. If I go to a Sprint Store, think I can get an upgrade to a Treo Pro?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=KevMeister;1735208]I've had Treo 800w for almost a year now. Am on the insurance plan plus am a Sprint Premier member. My 800w has a few quirks not a complete nuisance. If I go to a Sprint Store, think I can get an upgrade to a Treo Pro? [/QUOTE

Seems like it is random. I have 3 of them and they all give me random issues. When I went to the Sprint store they ordered me 3 more replacement 800w units. The manager told me there is a large inventory of 800w's. I guess all you can do is try.
    of course there is a large inventory of 800w's they pulled all of them off the market for its poor build quality...
    I went into a Radio Shack today & they had the 800w on sale for $9.99 w/2 year agreement!
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I went into a Radio Shack today & they had the 800w on sale for $9.99 w/2 year agreement!
    Shazaam! Ten bucks.

I'm looking at the banner ad currently at the top of the page in my browser and it shows the Samsung Exclaim being offered by Sprint for eighty bucks.

I guess Radio Shack is trying to dump their old 800w stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Shazaam! Ten bucks.

I'm looking at the banner ad currently at the top of the page in my browser and it shows the Samsung Exclaim being offered by Sprint for eighty bucks.

I guess Radio Shack is trying to dump their old 800w stock.
    yep...& to think how much I paid for it when it first came out.
    well after spending over an hour in the sprint store and them telling me that there was nothing wrong with the phone, BS, I called up technical support and they are shipping me a phone out here in a few days, so will see what happens with what I get.

Jon
    Asked if I could get the Pro instead, he said no. The only way is to re up on the 2 year agreement. I said HELL NO.

The radio on the 800W was not receiving incoming calls..sound familiar?

Told him I am waiting for the Touch Pro 2. I think what I will do is EBAY my refurb and get the Pro from there as well.

Lets see what happens.
    I went to the sprint store today and the representative there was really cool and just ordered a replacement without really looking at the phone.

He said that unfortunately he has to give me an 800w, but if the replacement has the same issues, maybe the next time we replace it a treo pro will be the one that replaces it. He said that it really comes down to inventory or whatever the system lets them do. He said that if it doesn't work like it's supposed to, it should be replaced and if it's a model as a whole, hopefully we can get a pro.

Stinks that I missed the little gap where it was easy to get a pro as a replacement. I wonder how many 800w's they have left.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy View Post
    I went to the sprint store today and the representative there was really cool and just ordered a replacement without really looking at the phone.

He said that unfortunately he has to give me an 800w, but if the replacement has the same issues, maybe the next time we replace it a treo pro will be the one that replaces it. He said that it really comes down to inventory or whatever the system lets them do. He said that if it doesn't work like it's supposed to, it should be replaced and if it's a model as a whole, hopefully we can get a pro.

Stinks that I missed the little gap where it was easy to get a pro as a replacement. I wonder how many 800w's they have left.
    Wonder if living in different parts of the USA has anything to do with it...where are you from?

Also, do you still have the Sprint insurance/ I still have mine...I'm going to try my luck this weekend at one of the Sprint stores and see if I can get a "free" Treo Pro replacement.

On a side note,has anyone tried calling Sprint retentions to see if they could get a replacement? It still annoying that after 3 weeks or so of advertising the Treo 800 back in Summer 2008, they announce the Treo Pro. If I had would have known that, I would have waited.
    I live in Illinois in a suburb of Chicago and I do have insurance.

I was bummed about the pro coming out so soon as well..
  13. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    My 800w wasn't holding a charge and the light kept blinking every time I plugged it into the charger like the USB connector was loose. Went into the sprint store dropped it off and came back an hour later and they were like, it's broken... We need to order another one from the warehouse and it will take 2-3 days.

I'm like, I can't live without my phone for 3 days. Doesn't the insurance policy say if ones not available you have to give me a like one that is, can I have a Pro? He's like, well it is available... I'm like, it doesn't seem to be... The reason I pay this expensive insurance is to have my phone fixed in an hour not three days.

Man goes in the back... Me waits anxiously... He comes back, they're swapping you out for a Treo Pro. I'm like, YOU DA MAN!

Best part of the story... I get the phone home, plug it into my old charger... The same thing happens with the blinking light! Woops, looks like a charger problem. Thanks for the phone!

He's like make sure you give us all 5's, I'm like 5's! Your getting 35's!

First thoughts on the Pro, slick... I like it... Fingerprint nightmare...
    Cel,

Groovy story. What part of the USA are you from?
  15. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Southern California

Second best part: I get a call today and they tell me my 800w is ready for pickup! My wife could use a replacement for her 700wx...
    I kept complaining about the 800W "refurb" replacements, so after getting it replaced 4 times, they gave me a Pro. I liked the 800W but it seems like they don't really fix the refurb units.
    Still getting used to the Pro.
    went in today to get my 800w fixed with sprint, came so close to getting a pro, they didnt have any 800w's in stock and i was like i dont have time to wait for 4 days for the phone to show up, so i got a copy of the equipment plan protection and showed the guy where it says it will be fixed, or replaced with a refurb or and new one with similar specs, the manager even had the pro box out, and then the tech yelled that he found a 800w in the back. maybe next time
  18. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snehsneh View Post
    went in today to get my 800w fixed with sprint, came so close to getting a pro, they didnt have any 800w's in stock and i was like i dont have time to wait for 4 days for the phone to show up, so i got a copy of the equipment plan protection and showed the guy where it says it will be fixed, or replaced with a refurb or and new one with similar specs, the manager even had the pro box out, and then the tech yelled that he found a 800w in the back. maybe next time
    That tech should get genital warts...
    Bump!
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast