Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Yeah I just went to the sprint store and the manager said he can't break the well list. They had Treo 800ws in stock so he could not give me a Pro.

I told him I had been through three 800ws and they lock up and sprint doesn't carry them anymore and palm doesnt make them anymore. How do I replace this?

He told me it basically comes down to whether or not the store has it in stock. They did have it in stock so they had to give me a 800w. If they did not have it in stock, then they would have given me a Pro.

It also comes down to luck of the draw on your rep too. I need to find another sprint store to go to... but for now I will be stuck with this crappy 800w
    I asked him straight up "so basically it's luck of the draw... you can't just order me a pro?"

he said "yup"

then i just sat there with questions and he said and I QUOTE

"i dont have time for this"

so i filled out the survey in front of him and put "manager said he doesn't have time for me"

and turned it in hahaha
    My 800w died for the second time. I stopped by the Sprint store and they ordered a new one for me. I was thinking of asking them to get a Pro for me but I am worried that not everything will work the same as the 800w.

It turns out that Sprint extended my warranty on my 800w when I got it replaced last. Not sure if that is normal or not. It will at least help me get closer to that 22 month mark. If they extend it again I will make it the rest of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by neil1492 View Post
    My 800w died for the second time. I stopped by the Sprint store and they ordered a new one for me. I was thinking of asking them to get a Pro for me but I am worried that not everything will work the same as the 800w.

It turns out that Sprint extended my warranty on my 800w when I got it replaced last. Not sure if that is normal or not. It will at least help me get closer to that 22 month mark. If they extend it again I will make it the rest of the way.
    You may very well end up with a Pro anyway... LOL

And it is a SOLID device.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Well, no Pro for me. I picked up my replacement for the replacement and it was another 800W. Oh well. I am on number 5 or is it 6?? To many to count.
    Anyone who has legitimate problems with the 800w because of defects even after a replacement can still consider that BBB route discussed earlier in this thread.
    My 800w has issues, so after PALM support approved it for replacement, I went back to the Sprint store/repair center and the repair guy ordered me a replacement. He says it's going to be an 800w, and he wouldn't give me a Pro instead. And based on all the posts in this thread from the last two weeks, it seems I will indeed get an 800w back in 3-5 business days.

I was really hoping to get a Pro instead, mainly because I wanted the standalone GPS that was falsely advertised for the 800w.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Would like a PRO as well.. I have issues where my SCREEN goes crazy at least once a week and also my WIFI dies and says there is no wifi installed and I have to reboot several times to get it to know there is a WIFI card in the 800W.. but they wanted to give me another 800W... even on the advanced replacement site...
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrapinStation View Post
    And based on all the posts in this thread from the last two weeks, it seems I will indeed get an 800w back in 3-5 business days.
    I am going on 7 business days without my 800W since they ordered one. The Sprint store said they can't track the progress either. I just hope it comes in soon.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    So is the treo 800w on the well list again? recently many people have been getting the treo800w as a replacement instead of the PRO
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Just FYI. I dont think that the Treo Pro is the replacement for the Treo 800w 100% of the time. My history with Treo began with the 700wx and I loved that phone due to being reliable, long lasting battery, ect. (Bluetooth was aweful on 700wx. Only true complaint) I ended up buying my wife the same 700wx phone. As of February, I replaced both of our phones with a 800w and even droped my land line buisness line and added a 3rd Treo 800w. I have been putting up with the random problems inhope of some sort of software update to fix these little annoying problems but that dosent seem to be the case (Problems include missing phone call, phone cycling on and off randomly, cant hang up, etc.) Recently had enough and took all 3 phones to Sprint and they had to order replacements. I asked of I was getting the same defective phone and he said yes. I said fine, whataver, but was skeptical. Two day later, I get the same 3 Treo800w to replace my phones I checked the firmware to my old and new phones and they were the same. Guess what, I have the same issues.
    Last edited by venom5150; 06/23/2009 at 01:34 PM.
    I guess I was lucky
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I think the best way to get the pro is to file a BBB complaint and use the money they give you back to buy the pro on ebay. This will only benefit the users who bought the phone while it first came out because we had to pay about 300-400 bucks on the treo 800w before rebates and the treo pro is currently on ebay for around 200. so you'll save yourself an extra 100 instead of getting your phone replaced (if you're lucky) and get 0.
    Last edited by Bashok; 06/24/2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: grammer!!!
    Sprint has everyone by the balls with their assurion insurance company in on it with them. In January my htc mogul kicked the bucket and assurion told me it would be six weeks. I told them there was no way I could go six weeks without my phone. They were kind enough to offer me a troe 800w if I wanted and said that it would be NIB phone not a refurb. After much deliberation I decided against my better judgment to go ahead and take the swap! Boy was I stupid! I now have at my house right now a total of FIVE treo 800w's! Refurb after refurb and I keep getting the same junk phones. I havent even got close to the 15 days in which I have to return the first refurb by. Keboard lights out, Radio refuses to allow incoming calls, bluetooth doesnt work, you name it ive got it! I just turned on my "new" refurb to day...Wonder how long it will work? Ive spent countless hours on the phone with Sprint and assurion trying to plead my case on how I got screwed originally and all they tell me is they will keep sending out the treo 800w until another phone appears on their list to exchange it with!!!! Ive been a sprint customer for close to 15 years now! You would think they would like to please a customer like me, but they dont care. Just as long as they get my 136.00 dollars every month I dont exist to them.....Im gonna give it one more try to get what I paid for originally which was a $600 htc mogul the day it came out! Im not asking for alot here just a PPC that actually works thats all!
    I ended up getting a refurbished 800w to replace mine. Its already giving me issues. I should have known when the password wouldn't work on the new device.
    if u order the pro off of ebay and activate it through sprint will the insurrance cover the pro, or will it still cover the 800w?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Just got back from the Sprint Store with my 3 previously replaced Treos 800w that also do not work as they should. The manager said that nothing could be done and that the store would be out $1,500. He said to call retention department and see if they can swap my phone out for the Treo Pro. I have been with Sprint for 11 years and never really had any issues. Now I am starting to get frustrated. I will be calling retention in a few mins.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatosxvi View Post
    if u order the pro off of ebay and activate it through sprint will the insurrance cover the pro, or will it still cover the 800w?
    From what i understand, the insurance will only cover the original phone. The phone you get off of ebay does not qualify for insurance purposes.
    The insurance will cover whatever phone you have activated. If you activate a different phone, it will then cover that phone. So if you originally add insurance to your 800w, then upgrade to the Pro (even if the pro was purchased off ebay) if you have to make a claim, the phone insurance will be covering the pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by yettihead View Post
    The insurance will cover whatever phone you have activated. If you activate a different phone, it will then cover that phone. So if you originally add insurance to your 800w, then upgrade to the Pro (even if the pro was purchased off ebay) if you have to make a claim, the phone insurance will be covering the pro.
    +1
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast