Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Maybe next time. The 800w seems to last 4 months before they need replaced.
    But in 4 months will you still be within 1 year of your last brand new Treo 800w? If not, you'll be beyond the one year warranty and Sprint won't have to give you anything for free.

Andyacecandy - I think you've got the right plan. Hope it works out.
    i went in today and complained bout the lockups, poor battery life and freezes. they did a hard reset, gave me another battery, and sent me on my way. i really dont want to carry another battery on me. its like carry this with you just incase...
    My replacement will not power on. I went to the local repair store and they confirmed that it will not power on and ordered a replacement for my replacement. I am currntly reflashing my 700wx to the 6.0 rom until I get the new replacement. Wish me luck that this one is a pro.
    My replacement will not power on. I went to the local repair store and they confirmed that it will not power on and ordered a replacement for my replacement. I am currntly reflashing my 700wx to the 6.0 rom until I get the new replacement. Wish me luck that this one is a pro.
    I'm soooo sorry to hear your replacement 800w won't power on... (Not really, I'm hoping you get a Treo Pro.)
    Wait so to clarify, people with 800w without insurance can get upgrades?
    I don't have insurance. (I used to to, but dropped it after the recent deductible increase.)

I got mine replaced purely under warranty.
    I went today and they wanted to keep my phone to work on it in the back and told me to come pick it up in 45 minutes to discuss a replacement if necessary....

Well of course they won't find anything wrong with it in the back... but the moment I get it back and do something, it'll lock up or somethin

blah guess I won't be getting the Pro

Hey for those of you who called... what department did yall speak to? I spoke to tech support who transferred me to manufacturer but they said they dont do replacements. I then spoke to Asurion and they said I'd have to pay $100 deductible if i got a replacement

Do I just keep trying with asurion? or who can i possibly talk to that would replace it with a pro?
    My right soft key stopped working. so i went to my local sprint repair store(fairly new, six-eight months). And i was told they would need to order me a replacement. So i was thinking.. ok! i'll be back to pickup another 800w. but they actually had a palm pro waiting for me three days later. Yes i have the $7 protection program package. But all they asked were to give them all fives in their survey call, free replacement
    hmm so so far the only things that would bug me about the treo pro would be that you can't silence the ringer like the 800w. and possibly how sturdy it is? I've dropped my phone countless times and its running like a champ. also no opera mobile? help would be great.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    hmm so so far the only things that would bug me about the treo pro would be that you can't silence the ringer like the 800w. and possibly how sturdy it is? I've dropped my phone countless times and its running like a champ. also no opera mobile? help would be great.
    I have not tried silencing the ringer. I have dropped it, but no damage. It feels as sturdy as the 800w to me. The flush screen needs a protector ASAP. I have been running Opera mobile. It is not quite as fast as the 800w was with it, and you have to close the program from within the program. Last night I had 3 tabs open for about 4 hrs, and no freezes or problems.

All in all, it is much slicker than the 800w. I am very pleased with mine. For the record I loved my 800w, and didn't have many complaints. I have noticed that some little quirks that I attributed to WinMo are not present yet on the Pro.
    you can't silence the ringer like the 800w
    It has a ringer switch?

how sturdy it is?
    It's as sturdy as any other smartphone. Dropping isn't good but it would survive, I'm sure. However, I will not test this for you...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    the silence the ringer thing. is when you get a call you can hit any key on the 800w and the caller won't be sent to voicemail.

As for the sturdiness this thing is quite literally a tank. I've dropped it, ive fallen on it. I've accidentally kicked it and its slid, its fallen a good 7 feet and its still running like a champ even though some parts of it is seriously scratched.
    I took mine in for crash problems, etc. They gave me a new battery and told me to come back if the problem does not go away.
    I just called tech support and asked for an advanced equipment exchange

She viewed my notes and saw I had been in touch with sprint for a few days now so she granted me the exchange and transferred me to some guy

He made the order and I asked "will it be the treo 800w? because this will be my 3rd one and i don't know if it's the phone or me"

He said it would be the treo 800w. the only way to get a different model is through a store because he can't see it over the phone... it's sprint's new policy or something (sounded like bs)

but here's to hoping I receive a PRO in 1-2 business days! I mean I did the same thing as someone else who got a pro...

Please please please be a pro when I open up the box. I'm thinking it might be because of the new Well list and them not having any treo 800ws in the warehouse.

We'll see and I will keep you guys posted. I might get the box tomorrow... maybe wednesday
    Just got back from the sprint store ....

They gave me a refurb 800w. Oh well.

(this was ordered from sprint, not local store stock)
    Well even if they send me a Treo 800w tomorrow... I'm trying again.

I'm gonna bring it to the store and say "uhhh they were supposed to send me a Treo Pro..."
    The sprint store called me today to tell me my replacement is in but I am traveling for work this week and will not be able to pick it up until the weekend. I am really hoping this one is the pro.

As a side note I forgot how stable and reliable the 700wx is.
    Bummer... sprint tech support did an advance equipment exchange and gave me the same damn phone

ima go to store now and see if i can work my magic into getting a treo pro. gonna say they sent me the wrong phone
    As a side note I forgot how stable and reliable the 700wx is.
    A simpler phone for simpler times

...though the BT was awful

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyacecandy View Post
    Bummer... sprint tech support did an advance equipment exchange and gave me the same damn phone

ima go to store now and see if i can work my magic into getting a treo pro. gonna say they sent me the wrong phone
    Bummer, indeed. I guess it is the luck of the draw with a replacement now.