Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    i thought about the pro, but i don't know if i want another windows phone until 6.5 comes out. i'm planning on grabbing the Pre this weekend.
    what would be some of the excuses you could use besides poor battery life and the constant freezing of the phone i could use to try to get a pro? or those 2 would be good enough?
    just try to paint it as a lemon model. which it is. you may even want to go the route i did. seems they are pretty accommodating when you bring a third party into the complaint.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I dropped my old 800w in the mailbox today. It will be a miracle if it makes it back undamaged in that little thin envelope. I was a little sad to see it go. It served me well for 11 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Does the task manager in the CDMA Treo Pro allow you to do that easier than installing hacks like Magic Button?
    Wandering slightly OT, but the answer is not really.

With the HTC task manager you can get it to:
    - exit when you hit the [x] button on screen
    - minimize when you press the <ok> hardware button

But I prefer the opposite, which exits when I use the hardware button, and minimizes when I touch the screen. I use VJOkButt for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatosxvi View Post
    what would be some of the excuses you could use besides poor battery life and the constant freezing of the phone i could use to try to get a pro? or those 2 would be good enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrekfest View Post
    just try to paint it as a lemon model. which it is. you may even want to go the route i did. seems they are pretty accommodating when you bring a third party into the complaint.
    They need to swap 800ws for Treo Pros with NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Because Palm and Sprint just had to settle out of court in the Treo 600 case. The case started in 2004 and dragged till April of this year. I got my settlement e-mail last night. Here's the summary of the case:
    Plaintiffs James Casaburi and Robert Werksman have asserted claims against Palm, Inc. ("Palm") and Sprint Spectrum ("Sprint") and allege that certain statements regarding the availability of WiFi and Bluetooth expansion cards for Treo 600 smartphones were untrue because no Bluetooth or WiFi cards have been developed that are compatible with the Treo 600. Palm and Sprint deny plaintiffs' allegations but have agreed to settle the case to avoid further litigation.
    The attornies want to collect for themselves $1,235,000 + $100,000 in expenses. They are requesting $15,000 for James Casaburi and Robert Werksman to split. The rest of us who are part of the class action can get $20 off a Sprint bill or $27.50 off any products at Palm's online store.

The 800w's GPS is a prime lawsuit target. Palm and Sprint can deny it all they want, but its got loser written all over it for Palm especially and likely Sprint too. I would not be surprised if there's already a lawsuit in process.

Every 800w customer should be getting especially nice treatment.

Want to get upgraded to a Treo Pro? Tell them the device fails to perform as advertised because it does not have real stand alone GPS funtionality and locks up too much.

Bigbrekfest, search around this forum for the term "dud" .

Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Wandering slightly OT, but the answer is not really.

With the HTC task manager you can get it to:
    - exit when you hit the [x] button on screen
    - minimize when you press the <ok> hardware button

But I prefer the opposite, which exits when I use the hardware button, and minimizes when I touch the screen. I use VJOkButt for that.
    I was just wondering if it was like the Treo Pro's which has the following options for pressing X to end running programs:
    • End Programs by tapping "X"
    • End programs by tapping and holding "X"

And that whole section can be unchecked so the X won't end any programs if desired.
    I think this is good news. To me the Pro is the bug fixed, problem fixed, more elegant looking replacement for the 800w.

With the Pro you have fixed to at least a dozen issues and shortcomings that came up on the 800w. As far as reception there are variety of opinions. Zbop and myself note better reception the Pro than on old 800w and others feel there is worse reception.

all and all this is a good resolution
    i have really bad reception with the 800w and i want to switch to the treo pro, but there isnt really anythin wrong with my 800. its just that the battery life is horrible and the gps is a bit slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Me, too..... (for you and me!)
    hey gksmithlcw, are u missing your treo 800w well I still have not activate my phone as of yet because I believe this phone will get scratch to easy. Well I have 13 days to decide
    I gave this a shot. I went down to the local corporate store and complained about battery life, resets, crashing, etc. They ended up saying that they were going to replace my 800w. However, they had to order it from corporate.

I hope I'm getting a Pro as the replacement, but I can't be sure. Is there any way to check?
    I got an referbed 800W as a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertgu View Post
    hey gksmithlcw, are u missing your treo 800w well I still have not activate my phone as of yet because I believe this phone will get scratch to easy. Well I have 13 days to decide
    Actually, so far, I'm really enjoying the Pro. I do miss the 800w's keyboard, as was expected, but I'm adapting to the Pro's keyboard quickly. I bought the Seidio Innocase II / Holster combo from my local Sprint store for $39.95 today and it made the phone that much better, giving it a rubberized, soft touch paint job and a nice holster at a good price.

All in all, I'm very satisfied so far. And it is a snappy device. I'm not sure why people complained it is not. Maybe the GSM version isn't as snappy...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I got an referbed 800W as a replacement.
    That's lame... Did you get this replacement from TEP or Sprint? Also, did you do this in store or through the mail?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    All in all, I'm very satisfied so far. And it is a snappy device. I'm not sure why people complained it is not. Maybe the GSM version isn't as snappy...
    Some of us ALWAYS doubted the claims the CDMA Treo Pro was not snappy. And when you put the CDMA Treo Pro through some practical testing it's the best performing device of the entire Sprint fleet of devices! (Zbop also has a post somewhere in the Treo Pro forum where he proves via well controlled testing that the Treo Pro has superior WiFi capabilities over the 800w.)

I don't know any GSM Treo Pro owners who said they would rather have a GSM version of the 800w, if one had ever been made. GSM Treo Pro owners were able to find ways to impove anything that seemed sluggish way back.
    I had trouble with my 800w locking up.. took it in last week and they blamed it on 3rd party software. They did a hard reset and sent me on my way. They said to bring it back in if happens again and they will replace it... as long as there is no third party software on it.

Third party stuff may have been causing some of my problems, but not all of them. Sucks that I can't use my phone for third party stuff anymore though. Would I have better luck calling sprint customer service rather than taking it in to a store?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower49 View Post
    I had trouble with my 800w locking up.. took it in last week and they blamed it on 3rd party software. They did a hard reset and sent me on my way. They said to bring it back in if happens again and they will replace it... as long as there is no third party software on it.

Third party stuff may have been causing some of my problems, but not all of them. Sucks that I can't use my phone for third party stuff anymore though. Would I have better luck calling sprint customer service rather than taking it in to a store?
    Try e-care. By contacting Sprint via SprintPCS.com. Of course you would have to be able to confirm you still had problems after the hard reset without any additional programs installed.

They're playing an interesting game, but if you don't soft reset the thing it will probably lock up on its own in a matter of days. You don't have any 3rd party software installed, so when it locks up, there you go. So you could just use it for some days without any added software and never soft reset yourself and just wait till it locks up. More you use it, the more likely it will lock up sooner than later.
    That's lame... Did you get this replacement from TEP or Sprint? Also, did you do this in store or through the mail?
    I got it through Sprint tech support, mail. This is a real Bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I got it through Sprint tech support, mail. This is a real Bummer.
    Indeed. When I emailed them (and they called me) I was told the 800w was no longer available and that I would be upgraded to the Pro...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Indeed. When I emailed them (and they called me) I was told the 800w was no longer available and that I would be upgraded to the Pro...
    Maybe next time. The 800w seems to last 4 months before they need replaced.
    I'm on my 2nd 800w and it is just freezing up, battery life is terrible, and that screen that says "send or dont send this error message" always pops up.

I just don't know how I'm going to convince the sprint store that it's defective. Maybe they'll just be cool about it

I'm gonna go in and say this is my 2nd Treo 800w and when I got it, I remember the rep telling me if I continued having problems to bring it back in and ask about the treo pro. I'm gonna complain about battery life, freezing and locking up, and that error message thing.

And of course I will tell them I have hard reset multiple times but it just got to the point where I was sick of losing all my contacts and re-inputting everything after resetting.

I'll let yall know if it works.... although I'm sure all sprint stores will be packed tom for the pre
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast