Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    I got my 800 for 99 dollars and now was upgraded to the Pro for free

Sprint has done me well
    You should post that over in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html

What a deal!!!
    Sprint is sending me a new treo pro I hope I will like it
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Who knew, that buying a Treo 800w included a free upgrade to a Treo Pro .
    No kidding. My 800w was nearly a year old. Can't beat getting a new Pro to replace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertgu View Post
    Think positive, you'll probably enjoy it more than your old 800w in time .
    Think positive, you'll probably enjoy it more than your old 800w in time .
    Darnell which phone you have?
    Darnell which phone you have?
    Sprint HTC Touch Pro. Has the same processor as the CDMA Treo Pro and the same ODM.
    Me, too..... (for you and me!)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Me, too..... (for you and me!)
    LOL, you guys act as if you're lining up for a public flogging or something, seriously it ain't that bad.

I had a number of concerns switching over to the Treo Pro, but after using it for awhile I though the tradeoff was worth it. And if you don't like the STP I'd simply sell it and buy a NIB 800w off ebay, they're still available for a decent price.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    LOL, you guys act as if you're lining up for a public flogging or something, seriously it ain't that bad.

I had a number of concerns switching over to the Treo Pro, but after using it for awhile I though the tradeoff was worth it. And if you don't like the STP I'd simply sell it and buy a NIB 800w off ebay, they're still available for a decent price.
    Thanks for the info. What are the tradeoffs? That's my concern. I know the keyboard and hardware soft keys. Is there anything else that is truly a trade off?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Well most advertised features work on the Treo Pro. You won't be disappointed. The 800 is outdated which is the first thing you will notice side by side.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Well most advertised features work on the Treo Pro. You won't be disappointed. The 800 is outdated which is the first thing you will notice side by side.
    No offense, Vib, but you've had it out for the 800w for a LONG time while I've NEVER had any major problems up until now and consider the 800w to be a solid device, over all. I do appreciate your opinion, though, I just don't feel that the 800w is outdated.

I think the Pro is ugly, but I'll get used to it. I'm just worried about low RAM issues and missed phone calls and all that jazz that is the 850... I guess we'll just have to see.

I actually have a Pro sitting right beside me right now. It's a pity I can't just fire it up and go to town... LOL.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Thanks for the info. What are the tradeoffs? That's my concern. I know the keyboard and hardware soft keys. Is there anything else that is truly a trade off?
    Grant, it really depends on what's important to you and your usage patterns. There are hundreds of posts already comparing the 800w to the Treo Pro, so I'm not gonna rehash all that, I would say the top 3 things to lookout for are:

1) Keyboard - this includes the softkeys, keyboard and buttons. I've adapted, but everyone time I pick up my 800w I'm reminded how great the keyboard was on that. If you live and die by typing on your phone (i.e. banging out hundreds of texts/long emails on your phone on a daily basis) I can see it being an issue, otherwise you just adapt.
    2) Memory - it's adequate for average use, but there isn't a lot of breathing room. If you usually have a lot of programs running and you really like Opera, you may have issues. I have my <ok> button mapped to exit programs and I use Skyfire and Iris and haven't run into problems with memory.
    3) Reception and missed calls - In my testing, my reception is not any worse than my 800w based on RSSI values (although I think the signal bars report lower), but still many have reported issues. This "missed call" hack does solve some of the problems, but certainly not all. Like I said, for me it hasn't been a problem, but YMMV.

In most other respects, I find the TP equal or significantly better than the 800w.
    Wednesday 6pm,
    I lost my phone at aStarbucks.
    (...way too excited about my frappaccino)

Thursday **morning**
    I called Starbucks to see if the phone was there, they immediately said it wasn't without even looking.

Thursday **all evening**
    I searched my entire house & car for the phone.

Friday **5pm**
    I came to terms with the loss of my PPC, so I bought a used flip phone for $50.

Friday **9pm**
    I realized that after having PDA's & PPC's for the past few years, there's no going back to a flip phone, so I got online and filed a claim for my replacement, paid the $50 deductible.

Saturday **morning**
    Tracked phone which was scheduled for Monday delivery.

Sunday
    I waited.

Monday **9am**
    Received a voicemail, on my work phone, from Friday 5:30pm stating that my phone was found at starbucks and after first contacting my aunt and brother, the phone battery is dying and this was their last attempt to contact me.

Monday **6pm**
    UPS delivered replacement phone.

Monday **9pm**
    I met with woman to retrieve lost phone.

Now I have 2. I'm out of a little money.
    Also, the one I lost is probably worthless now because it's been reported lost.

Also, I figured out how if you let the battery die, it's dead for good. Took it to the sprint store thrice, they just give me a new battery.

LOL I think I deserve a Treo Pro for my trouble.
    Last edited by brandizy; 06/02/2009 at 10:24 PM.
    I might have to jump on this also. My right soft key is not working any more. This is the second 800w that that the right soft key has failed. I have adjusted and hit the screen now. Other than this problem I have not had a problem with the 800w.
    I think the Pro is ugly, but I'll get used to it. I'm just worried about low RAM issues and missed phone calls and all that jazz that is the 850... I guess we'll just have to see.

I actually have a Pro sitting right beside me right now. It's a pity I can't just fire it up and go to town... LOL.
    everything zbop said is dead on...also take a look here when you set it up as I listed pretty much all the .cab'd up hacks and tweaks for the Pro. no joke I run like 10-15 hacks to get the phone to how I like it and oncethere it is pretty good, lol:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68241
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    everything zbop said is dead on...also take a look here when you set it up as I listed pretty much all the .cab'd up hacks and tweaks for the Pro. no joke I run like 10-15 hacks to get the phone to how I like it and oncethere it is pretty good, lol:

General - Registry Hacks, Tweaks and .cabs - PPCGeeks
    Yeah... I'll definitely be looking at all the hacks. My phone is scheduled to be delivered today so I'll be playing shortly... LOL
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

And if you don't like the STP I'd simply sell it and buy a NIB 800w off ebay, they're still available for a decent price.
    But has anyone who got the 1.04 CDMA Treo Pro ever actually gone back to the 800w? (And if anyone has, they are part of a very small minority.)

No offense, Vib, but you've had it out for the 800w for a LONG time while I've NEVER had any major problems up until now and consider the 800w to be a solid device, over all. I do appreciate your opinion, though, I just don't feel that the 800w is outdated.
    That personal statement is not factual. VRGT has not only tried the 800w more times than most, he got another as a backup even after getting a Touch Pro. His record of ownership proves, that rather than being out to put down the 800w, he's given it more tries than many care to acknowledge. He's shown the 800w more favor with his wallet than most.

I have my <ok> button mapped to exit programs
    Does the task manager in the CDMA Treo Pro allow you to do that easier than installing hacks like Magic Button?
  18. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Does the task manager in the CDMA Treo Pro allow you to do that easier than installing hacks like Magic Button?
    I use quickmenu as my task manager. it has an option to close apps with ok. incredible free program.
    Rex
    just an fyi for anyone having major 800w issues: i filed a complaint about the 800w to the better business bureau and palm just contacted me today saying they're issuing me a refund. after 4 devices, i think that's pretty fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrekfest View Post
    just an fyi for anyone having major 800w issues: i filed a complaint about the 800w to the better business bureau and palm just contacted me today saying they're issuing me a refund. after 4 devices, i think that's pretty fair.
    I did the exact same thing when on my 2nd 800w. But at this point with the Treo Pro now being offered as the warranty replacement, why didn't you just get a Pro? What are you planning to get next?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast