Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    I think it was called an advanced equipment exchange. The first lady said I had to go through Palm for a replacement. I mentioned that Sprint had replaced my wife's LG Rumor while still under warranty. She looked at the notes on that account and said "Oh, that was an advanced equipment exchange (or something like that), hold on I will transfer you". She transferred me, I explained the problems, and they issued a replacement.
    Hey JBC28
    can u confirm if we dont have to go to a store to do this trade if I have TEP? I called and was transfered to the incurance dept. from what u say here, i wud have to ask for the advanced equipment exchange? if yes, whats a good excuse for them to just send u a replacement? and how do you send your phone to them?

dont wanna call too many times and get my account flagged.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Hey JBC28
    can u confirm if we dont have to go to a store to do this trade if I have TEP? I called and was transfered to the incurance dept. from what u say here, i wud have to ask for the advanced equipment exchange? if yes, whats a good excuse for them to just send u a replacement? and how do you send your phone to them?

dont wanna call too many times and get my account flagged.
    Thanks
    I sent you a pm...No, my exchange had nothing to do with my TEP. They sent a padded, prepaid, labeled envelope for the return phone.

Edit....I told them that the rainbow lines on the screen had been worse, and freezing had become worse. Both of which is true. She only needed one reason, though.
  3. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I sent you a pm...No, my exchange had nothing to do with my TEP. They sent a padded, prepaid, labeled envelope for the return phone.

Edit....I told them that the rainbow lines on the screen had been worse, and freezing had become worse. Both of which is true. She only needed one reason, though.
    Thank you. dint know if you wud see PM. someone sent me one and it sat there for like 3 months...
    Not that I dont like my 800, but what the heck, if i can snag a Pro, why not....Hopefully it should work.
    thanks again.
    Rex.
    Do you have to have insurance on your phone to get it replaced if it is acting up?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower49 View Post
    Do you have to have insurance on your phone to get it replaced if it is acting up?
    I could be wrong but I think you should be fine. Especially given the fact that the 800w's aren't that old.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I could be wrong but I think you should be fine. Especially given the fact that the 800w's aren't that old.
    I just stopped by the store and they said to get it replaced they thought I needed the insurance plan. They really didn't seemed like they knew what they were talking about though. They recommended I take it to another store (a tech. store) so they could look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower49 View Post
    I just stopped by the store and they said to get it replaced they thought I needed the insurance plan. They really didn't seemed like they knew what they were talking about though. They recommended I take it to another store (a tech. store) so they could look at it.
    Yeah... A repair store would be a better bet. When they can't fix it, they'll swap it (hopefully).
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Defects within the first year are covered by warranty and Sprint should provide a free replacement if the device can't be repaired.

Sprint warranty changes, for the better
    They did a hard reset on the phone and told me to bring it back if it locks up again and they will swap it out... if no third party apps are installed on it which they could blame it on. Now... how to make this thing crash again. Probably only a matter of time anyways.
    Just got back from the store.

They told me a tech would have to look at it for an hour and get back to me. So I left it and returned and hour late just to be told the phone was fine and they asked if they could hard reset. I said fine and to my luck they handed me back a frozen phone. it locked up on the reboot

Long story short.... no 800s in los angeles, and they said no more 850s either.

My new 850 is on order and they will call me when its in
  11. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I got to make the switch successfully also. long story short Asked for the technical support and told them whats wrong with my device. at first i was asked to go to a store, but since i explained why I couldnt, i am being sent a treo pro, with a RMA for the 800 return.

Sad to see the 800 go. dint have any problem with it whatsoever or lets say the problems dint bother me much. but couldnt resist a newer phone with a possibility of a WM 6.5 upgrade.

Good luck for the rest of you.

Rex
    with a possibility of a WM 6.5 upgrade.
    Says who?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

13. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Says who?
    jus connecting the dots and dreaming...

there is talk of new custom roms and with enuf people on it, you'd think its bound to come. was on a apache 6700 for two years and saw amazing things happen to it... just have to figure out a way to let loose some of them ppcgeeks and xda kids on it. actually there is a $1000 bounty over at ppc geeks for soupin up this device.

dont wanna speculate too loud and hijack this thread tho.

Rex.
    jus connecting the dots and dreaming...

there is talk of new custom roms and with enuf people on it, you'd think its bound to come. was on a apache 6700 for two years and saw amazing things happen to it... just have to figure out a way to let loose some of them ppcgeeks and xda kids on it. actually there is a $1000 bounty over at ppc geeks for soupin up this device.

dont wanna speculate too loud and hijack this thread tho.

Rex.
    Ah, true.... Thanks for the clarification.

Aside from the rumors and dreams, has there been any luck with custom roms since the update was leaked?

(sorry to go off topic, here)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Ah, true.... Thanks for the clarification.

Aside from the rumors and dreams, has there been any luck with custom roms since the update was leaked?

(sorry to go off topic, here)
    The unlocker just finally came out. So it will take a little time for the ROM chefs to make their releases. Juicy45 and MightyMike in particular have been silent since the unlocker went into the wild. Which means they very likely are cooking up their ROMs right now. MightyMike made it clear eariler he was simply waiting for the unlocker. They are probably not going to say much right now, because then it would only result in a bunch of "is it ready yet" posts over at PPCGeeks.

WM 6.5 will be on the Treo Pro at least by way of customized ROMs in the near future. No doubt, Juicy47's first custom ROM for the Treo Pro will run WM 6.5. If MightyMike does as he's done with the Touch Pro, he'll release both a WM 6.1 and WM 6.5 ROM.

The (CDMA) Treo Pro is set and has all the right people working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    The unlocker just finally came out. So it will take a little time for the ROM chefs to make their releases. Juicy45 and MightyMike in particular have been silent since the unlocker went into the wild. Which means they very likely are cooking up their ROMs right now. MightyMike made it clear eariler he was simply waiting for the unlocker. They are probably not going to say much right now, because then it would only result in a bunch of "is it ready yet" posts over at PPCGeeks.

WM 6.5 will be on the Treo Pro at least by way of customized ROMs in the near future. No doubt, Juicy47's first custom ROM for the Treo Pro will run WM 6.5. If MightyMike does as he's done with the Touch Pro, he'll release both a WM 6.1 and WM 6.5 ROM.

The (CDMA) Treo Pro is set and has all the right people working on it.
    Thanks for the info. Now I'll try to stay on topic... LOL
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I just got a Pro replacement for my 800w....very excited. Battery life was down to a few hours. Went to local repair store and they took a look at it. They decided to call nearest "warehouse" to get me a replacement....they were out of stock and apparently told the store to give me a Pro. Think it was a case of a very nice store rep taking care of me along with some luck. Good luck to others!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwb67 View Post
    I just got a Pro replacement for my 800w....very excited. Battery life was down to a few hours. Went to local repair store and they took a look at it. They decided to call nearest "warehouse" to get me a replacement....they were out of stock and apparently told the store to give me a Pro. Think it was a case of a very nice store rep taking care of me along with some luck. Good luck to others!
    No luck involved here. As I stated in my previous post, the WELL list defines the replacement phone. Right now, the Treo Pro IS the replacement phone for the 800w.
    Who knew, that buying a Treo 800w included a free upgrade to a Treo Pro .
    I got my 800 for 99 dollars and now was upgraded to the Pro for free

Sprint has done me well
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast