Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    This is also an issue with the Treo Pro. Check out the Treo Pro forums. zbop has found a fix but requires a bit of tweaking.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ing-calls.html

Wow, that is a bit to do. I agree with Zbop, if it's not a problem don't bother doing that hack.

Seems to only be a problem for some folks in areas with marginal reception, but there's a fix for it now.
    I'm still wondering if that would work for the 800w as well?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I'm still wondering if that would work for the 800w as well?
    Nope, for 2 reasons:

(1) This problem is found on every Sprint treo Pro & can be reproduced easily (the 800w issue seems random and isolated to specific devices)

(2) Those values we are changing them to? Yeah, they're the values from the 800w ;-)

Though no harm goingthrough this and looking to make sure your values are in th ballpark of the recommended ones in zbop's post! Who knows, maybe they're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Nope, for 2 reasons:

(1) This problem is found on every Sprint treo Pro & can be reproduced easily (the 800w issue seems random and isolated to specific devices)

(2) Those values we are changing them to? Yeah, they're the values from the 800w ;-)

Though no harm goingthrough this and looking to make sure your values are in th ballpark of the recommended ones in zbop's post! Who knows, maybe they're not.
    Thanks for the info.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    At current Ebay price for Treos.
    I can buy a new in box Pro for $200 then sell my used 800w for $100.
    I may do it just to get a decent earpiece speaker.
    Do you have to have the insurance plan to trade up to the Pro?I've had the 800w for about 6 months and I hate it... I have to reboot it at least 3 times a week. Are we saying that if I go into a sprint store and complain they might just trade it out for the Treo Pro? What advantages does the Pro offer over the 800w?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower49 View Post
    Do you have to have the insurance plan to trade up to the Pro?I've had the 800w for about 6 months and I hate it... I have to reboot it at least 3 times a week. Are we saying that if I go into a sprint store and complain they might just trade it out for the Treo Pro? What advantages does the Pro offer over the 800w?
    If you find a Sprint store without 800ws in stock you might be able to get traded up if you convince them your 800w is defective. Search around and you'll find some benefits of the Treo Pro, you might want to start searching here. Plenty of former 800w owners have already given details.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I called Monday to have my 800w replaced under warranty. It started acting real flaky the past week. I hoped that they might send a Pro, but the CSR said that a 800w would be sent. I have in my hand right now a brand new Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    I called Monday to have my 800w replaced under warranty. It started acting real flaky the past week. I hoped that they might send a Pro, but the CSR said that a 800w would be sent. I have in my hand right now a brand new Pro.
    Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    Interesting... And did you have to pay the deductible?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

11.    #51  
    OP here. I took my 800w in to my local service center. They said that the 800w was backordered but that I'd have to call Sprint to request a Treo Pro as the replacement if that's what I wanted. No ETA on the 800w, and I havent called Sprint yet.

Any suggestions on what department to talk to or what to say?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Interesting... And did you have to pay the deductible?
    No, they just sent me a new Pro with no questions asked. I didn't mention a Pro during the conversation. I bought my 800w the day they became available.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by me3head View Post
    OP here. I took my 800w in to my local service center. They said that the 800w was backordered but that I'd have to call Sprint to request a Treo Pro as the replacement if that's what I wanted. No ETA on the 800w, and I havent called Sprint yet.

Thanks,

Mike

I think it was called an advanced equipment exchange. The first lady said I had to go through Palm for a replacement. I mentioned that Sprint had replaced my wife's LG Rumor while still under warranty. She looked at the notes on that account and said "Oh, that was an advanced equipment exchange (or something like that), hold on I will transfer you". She transferred me, I explained the problems, and they issued a replacement.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

You don't need to request anything. Have them do the exchange even though they say the 800w is backordered. After they process the exchange, they will see that the replacement phone according to the WELL list is a Treo Pro. They may not even tell you this since they sometimes don't even enter the data until after the customer is gone. At that point, you should receive a Treo Pro in a few days which I believe you have to pick up at the store. I'm not sure as I didn't get that far since they had a Treo Pro in the store. I had to press to take one from the store stock. But once the Manager got wind of the situation he told the tech to absolutely give me a phone from the store stock as it didn't make a difference. The key here is the tech or CS person won't even know the Treo Pro is THE replacement for the 800w until after they process the transaction.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    Mike,

You don't need to request anything. Have them do the exchange even though they say the 800w is backordered. After they process the exchange, they will see that the replacement phone according to the WELL list is a Treo Pro. They may not even tell you this since they sometimes don't even enter the data until after the customer is gone. At that point, you should receive a Treo Pro in a few days which I believe you have to pick up at the store. I'm not sure as I didn't get that far since they had a Treo Pro in the store. I had to press to take one from the store stock. But once the Manager got wind of the situation he told the tech to absolutely give me a phone from the store stock as it didn't make a difference. The key here is the tech or CS person won't even know the Treo Pro is THE replacement for the 800w until after they process the transaction.

Thanks! When I left the store, they said that they'd ordered a 800w replacement and they'd give me a call when the replavement 800w came in. Should I just go back and ask them to look it up in the WELL system then? (this is a non-corporate authorized service store)

Mike
    Thanks! When I left the store, they said that they'd ordered a 800w replacement and they'd give me a call when the replavement 800w came in. Should I just go back and ask them to look it up in the WELL system then? (this is a non-corporate authorized service store)

Mike

Well Mike, now that you've mentioned it is a non-corporate store, I can't really say what their process is or if they have access to the WELL list. But if I were you, I would absolutely go back and refer to the WELL list. I wouldn't be surprised if a Treo Pro is on the way to the store for you.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    Well Mike, now that you've mentioned it is a non-corporate store, I can't really say what their process is or if they have access to the WELL list. But if I were you, I would absolutely go back and refer to the WELL list. I wouldn't be surprised if a Treo Pro is on the way to the store for you.
    So while I was getting ready to call, I got a call from the store telling me to come get my new Treo Pro!

I noticed there are many interface changes from the 800W so I guess I have some learning to do :-/
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Cool. I have been getting used to my new Pro too. I installed a bunch of hack cabs and palm threaded sms. So far, I like it. Some things are a lot better than the 800, some are not. It won't run Opera mobile nearly as well. I love the flush screen. The lack of soft keys is no big deal to me. I don't like the keyboard as well. The form factor is a huge improvement. Battery life seems much better. I like HTC's phone dialer operation. I need to get a rubberized back cover....it slides off of everything really easily.
    So while I was getting ready to call, I got a call from the store telling me to come get my new Treo Pro!
    Well now you know how to get yourself a Pro . Congratulations!

Seems things have gone from "results vary" to everybody just getting a Pro, nice .

I noticed there are many interface changes from the 800W so I guess I have some learning to do :-/

Great! It looks like the process is the same at non-corporate stores. Once again, it just goes to show us that the CSR or Tech doesn't know about the Pro being a replacement for the 800w until after the process of exchanging has begun.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast