Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    went to a sprint center, presented the treo800 issues to them, walked out, 5 min later , with a new treo pro. ho, and its not about luck, i was just very nice to them...
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by datmescandude View Post
    i called the insurance people just out of curiosity and they told me that my phone would be replace by the same phone(800w) and that it would be $100...it used to be $50
    Before Sprint stopped selling them on their web site, they were selling them for $99 with a 2 year ball and chain attached. You're paying $7/month and they told you to pay up $100 to get yet another 800w. Sounds like a raw deal to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrekfest View Post
    i may be filing with the BBB. I'm on my 3rd device and it's having the same issues. a refund would be nice to handle my termination fees. for those who have received a refund, what did you put in there to receive the refund?
    Details of our experences and problems with warranty service, that led us to feel the device is defective, found replacements to also be defective and given the GPS issues found the device to be in a humble opinion falsely advertised in some respects. Given Palm mentions in the product warranty, that at their descretion a refund is an option, some of us requested it. With BBB oversight, to ensure a 3rd party was involved, to keep things clean. Palm had an "F" rating with the BBB way before I filed my complaint, while some other companies that make smart phones have better ratings.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Congratulations!

Before Sprint stopped selling them on their web site, they were selling them for $99 with a 2 year ball and chain attached. You're paying $7/month and they told you to pay up $100 to get yet another 800w. Sounds like a raw deal to me.
    so i'm wondering if i'm better off going to a sprint store. It's kind of hard to believe some of the people are getting the Treo Pro in exchange. I'm not calling them liars, good for them, but after hearing what I got told you right...it is a raw deal. I've had mine since August.
    Quote Originally Posted by datmescandude View Post
    i called the insurance people just out of curiosity and they told me that my phone would be replace by the same phone(800w) and that it would be $100...it used to be $50
    You can easily buy a Treo Pro on ebay for about $175 NIB--just do that, drop your insurance ($7 a month + $100 deductible = $184 year) and sell the 800w for like $90.

Paying < $100 for a whole new phone seems like a good deal, no hassle, no taxes, etc.

Or try Sprint again. They're like Vegas, you take your chance with them but there's no risk in this case, just being denied.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    For the people who got treo pros as a replacement, did you happen to see the treo 800w on display? My sprint store still has it on display and whenever i get a replacement, i get the treo 800w. Maybe if i go to another sprint store that doesn't have the treo 800w on display, they'll give me the pro?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    went to a sprint center, presented the treo800 issues to them, walked out, 5 min later , with a new treo pro. ho, and its not about luck, i was just very nice to them...
    did you have the insurance? i, unfortunately do not. wondering if I have a silvery-enough tongue to make it happen. i'm about to throw my phone out the window. it was on the charger all night and I only have half charge..
    The reason I was able to get a Pro was because all local stores didn't have any 800w's in stock and neither did Sprint.

So far, the pro looks like a nice phone. Will have to get familiar with the Pro forum now and see what cool things I can install

Quote Originally Posted by Bashok View Post
    For the people who got treo pros as a replacement, did you happen to see the treo 800w on display? My sprint store still has it on display and whenever i get a replacement, i get the treo 800w. Maybe if i go to another sprint store that doesn't have the treo 800w on display, they'll give me the pro?
    There were people slated to get a free upgrade to the Treo Pro even before the Treo Pro was being sold by Sprint. So I'm sure some people are getting exchanges for the Treo Pro now. Just depends on what you say and who you say it to. No 800ws being in stock helps the case, but even when more 800ws were in stock and being sold on Sprint's web site for $99, some people were already slated for free upgrades to the Treo Pro.

And there could be cases where someone either said the wrong thing or simply asked the wrong person and can't get an upgrade because of their account being noted to be refused.
    I think I can provide some clarification for those with a problematic or defective Treo 800w.

Right now, as of 5/17/09 (or maybe a few days earlier), the Sprint warehouse has no 800w's in stock. I have no idea if the warehouse will be getting more refurb or new 800w's. Because of this situation, the WELL list that Sprint uses to determine which phones can be exchanged for a specific phone model lists the Treo Pro (850) as the official replacement for a defective Treo 800w. This applies to a person who goes into a Sprint in store repair facility (it will probably work in the rest of the stores too since they will just order you a phone instead of having a tech try to repair it first). If you have TEP, as far as I know this situation does not apply to an Asurion insurance claim where you pay a deductible to have a new (refurb) phone sent to you. I believe Asurion has their own warehouse to draw 800w's from.

Now, if the tech or rep at the store agrees that your phone is defective and needs a swap, they won't know that the Treo Pro is a replacement for the Treo 800w until they enter your info and are able to see the WELL list. In other words, if you go in to the store and say that you want a Treo Pro for a Treo 800w, the rep will probably say that the Pro is not a replacement for the 800w. I believe that was true a few days ago. After they see the WELL list, they'll let you know a Treo Pro is in your future. As far as I can tell, the Treo Pro is the ONLY phone replacement for a Treo 800w right now.

This is subject to change if the warehouse gets more 800w's in. I would also assume that if an 800w was in store, they might just give that to you instead even though it isn't on the WELL list.

I am not a Sprint employee or insider. I've just been able to put the pieces together as I recently received a Treo Pro for my defective Treo 800w. If anyone knows better feel free to correct me on any of the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    I think I can provide some clarification for those with a problematic or defective Treo 800w.

Right now, as of 5/17/09 (or maybe a few days earlier), the Sprint warehouse has no 800w's in stock. I have no idea if the warehouse will be getting more refurb or new 800w's. Because of this situation, the WELL list that Sprint uses to determine which phones can be exchanged for a specific phone model lists the Treo Pro (850) as the official replacement for a defective Treo 800w. This applies to a person who goes into a Sprint in store repair facility (it will probably work in the rest of the stores too since they will just order you a phone instead of having a tech try to repair it first). If you have TEP, as far as I know this situation does not apply to an Asurion insurance claim where you pay a deductible to have a new (refurb) phone sent to you. I believe Asurion has their own warehouse to draw 800w's from.

Now, if the tech or rep at the store agrees that your phone is defective and needs a swap, they won't know that the Treo Pro is a replacement for the Treo 800w until they enter your info and are able to see the WELL list. In other words, if you go in to the store and say that you want a Treo Pro for a Treo 800w, the rep will probably say that the Pro is not a replacement for the 800w. I believe that was true a few days ago. After they see the WELL list, they'll let you know a Treo Pro is in your future. As far as I can tell, the Treo Pro is the ONLY phone replacement for a Treo 800w right now.

This is subject to change if the warehouse gets more 800w's in. I would also assume that if an 800w was in store, they might just give that to you instead even though it isn't on the WELL list.

I am not a Sprint employee or insider. I've just been able to put the pieces together as I recently received a Treo Pro for my defective Treo 800w. If anyone knows better feel free to correct me on any of the above.
    Seems what you said has been confirmed.

I guess that gives those who purchased the 800w on it's initial sale date a little less than 8 weeks to move for a Pro, if their 800w is having problems.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    YES!!!!.....time to go to Sprint and get my replacement......hmmm *thinks of excuse that my phone is not working.....phone sometimes doesn't ring and screen isn't aligned properly even when i aligned it and did a hard reset*......perfect
    So... From what I've seen, the Pro has many of the same problems as the 800w... Also, the keyboard sucks (subjective) and there is the lack of softkeys... Lastly, let's not forget the lack of Palm tweaks which seems to be rendering the device less snappy....

Is it worth the upgrade, really?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Grant, from my viewpoint I'd say the Pro is far superior to the 800. My 800 gave me lots of problems, no signal after reboot, horrible speaker phone, not very good earpiece sound quality, GPS not standalone, etc

Lack of softkeys was only an adjustment. Not a problem.

And, while I loved the keyboard on the 800, I personally have had almost no problem adjusting to the Pro's keyboard.

As for the lack of palm tweaks, well, I do miss them terribly at times. But, definitely not a deal breaker.

If you could ever get your hands on a Pro for a few days you'd prolly be hooked, unless the KB was a major issue for you.

So, in my opinion, yes it is worth the upgrade. For, while I need a PDA, I need a phone far more, and the 800 just really stank as a phone. I was often having to soft reset just when I needed my phone the most cause it would get confused and not know what to do. I don't know why, but it did that quite often. I thought it was a problem with 3rd party apps installed, but I have the same stuff on my Pro and cannot recall it letting me down when I needed to make a call even once.

YMMV.
    The many testimonials in the Treo Pro forum from former 800w owners offer an overwhelming number of affirmations that the CDMA Treo Pro is simply the superior device.

Anyone wondering can search around there and read them.

Most, if not all of the most recent 800w bug list does not exists in the CDMA Treo Pro. The CDMA Treo Pro fixes many of the problems the 800w has, rather than having many of the Treo 800w bugs.
    The many testimonials in the Treo Pro forum from former 800w owners offer an overwhelming number of affirmations that the CDMA Treo Pro is simply the superior device.

Anyone wondering can search around there and read them.

Most, if not all of the most recent 800w bug list does not exists in the CDMA Treo Pro. The CDMA Treo Pro fixes many of the problems the 800w has, rather than having many of the Treo 800w bugs.
    I dunno... I was just reading about the Pro missing calls and the GPS is WAY slow... And the OS isn't as snappy... These are my concerns.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Just try it. You'll never look back.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I dunno... I was just reading about the Pro missing calls and the GPS is WAY slow... And the OS isn't as snappy... These are my concerns.
    There's always someone that is going to have some problem, no matter what device you look at.

Why don't you make a thread in the Treo Pro forum expressing your concerns and lets see what kind of responses you get from the former 800w owners? Who are currently in that forum and no longer hang around this 800w fourm?

I've seen much of the opposite from your concerns mentioned there, but lets see what they say to you when you ask, OK? (I'll remain off that thread if you do make it and will just observe. Although I'll say in advance I've seen the results already in prior threads when other former 800w owners asked, were encoraged to make the switch and after they got their Treo Pros most agreed it was a worthwhile upgrade.)
    There's always someone that is going to have some problem, no matter what device you look at.

Why don't you make a thread in the Treo Pro forum expressing your concerns and lets see what kind of responses you get from the former 800w owners? Who are currently in that forum and no longer hang around this 800w fourm?

I've seen much of the opposite from your concerns mentioned there, but lets see what they say to you when you ask, OK? (I'll remain off that thread if you do make it and will just observe. Although I'll say in advance I've seen the results already in prior threads when other former 800w owners asked, were encoraged to make the switch and after they got their Treo Pros most agreed it was a worthwhile upgrade.)
    Thanks for the advice. I may do that.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Missed calls is the HUGE one for me. I will be interested to hear your opinion if you do test drive the Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    Missed calls is the HUGE one for me. I will be interested to hear your opinion if you do test drive the Pro.
    This is also an issue with the Treo Pro. Check out the Treo Pro forums. zbop has found a fix but requires a bit of tweaking.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast