Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    I'm back. Didn't realize there was still activity here. I posted a while ago and no one answered.

Anyway, I have TEP insurance ($7/month). I am on my 5th Treo 800w. This one seems to be okay. I got it from Sprint by calling them and complaining. My local corporate store only gives you accessories and tells you they can't do anything.

I personally don't care because if it messes up again, I will keep requesting replacements. I love the 800w more than the Treo Pro. I was kind of jealous for Windows Mobile 6.5 but then realized that the Treo 800w has a custom Palm Windows Mobile 6.1 OS on it. It is small, and fast. That's what I need. It just has sucky hardware sometimes.

I will continue to replace my phone if I run into issues. I am also waiting for Windows Mobile 7 to upgrade .
    New York.

The replacement was a Treo 800, and it gave me major, major issues at first. A hard reset seems to have made them go away for now, but I'm keeping my eyes on it.
    I think I may have a case for getting a Pro:

For the past week or so, both my red and green buttons on my 800w don't work well anymore. It takes more than 10 tries of either red or green button to turn the bugger on.

The Pro has it's own on/off button, like in the days of the Treo 600.

By hook or by crook, I'm getting a free replacement Treo Pro! I'm patient and still have insurance...
    let me know if u get it kev... ive been trying and no luck going on 3 replacements now all 800ws
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    New York.

The replacement was a Treo 800, and it gave me major, major issues at first. A hard reset seems to have made them go away for now, but I'm keeping my eyes on it.
    Replacement's issues have lead me to take it back to the store. Let's see what happens.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Just did 4th replacement and it was still 800w. I"m at final straw.

Ordered Touch Pro 2 on Sat. It arrives tonight.
    Still have my 800w. Been too busy (to go to my Sprint store) to try out my strategy.

That said, now that the Pixie is being offered ata $99 price point, I wonder if the Pro will also get a price reduction, considering it's EOL?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I think I may have a case for getting a Pro:

For the past week or so, both my red and green buttons on my 800w don't work well anymore. It takes more than 10 tries of either red or green button to turn the bugger on.

The Pro has it's own on/off button, like in the days of the Treo 600.

By hook or by crook, I'm getting a free replacement Treo Pro! I'm patient and still have insurance...
    TC Friends, we're at an impasse. Didn't work.

Even before I had a chance to explain my problem, the lady at the front desk said "You need to do a hard re-set."

I persisted.

45 minutes later...

...the Sprint store "fixed" my phone by cleaning out my hard buttons etc. "The software is still screwey," I said and I showed them. The MO with Sprint and what they told me next is...can you guess? "Do a hard reset."

I'm not giving up just yet. (Hint: I still have my Treo 300 from Sprint and phone bills from 2005 on up, purely as a visual.)

Any phone numbers and people I can recommend calling?

I'm also waiting for the Palm Pixie to show up Nov. 15. The price of the Pro should drop another $50 bucks by then.

I'm still keeping my insurance for one more month. Just in case.

Keep on truckin'!
    I've had a change of heart. I'm "re-booting" and getting a Pixi. Just not right away (looking for best deal.) It's time to move on and put the Pro to bed...
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112