Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Thanks for the update. I'm holding off on callling anyone until we find if--that's a big if--Palm ends up making a patch for WM 6.5...
    Last Friday, my 800w had a an issue with the backlighting on the keyboard. She started to order me another one, and I asked to her to verify how many 800's I've had. She confirmed that I'd be going on my 6th 800w. I was pleasant the entire time. After a while, and with no prompting on my part, she went in back and gave me a treo pro that had been returned to the store. The phone is good so far, and it's refreshing to have a reliable phone again.
    I didn't make it to my appointment so I'm going tomorrow.. let's hope theyre in a good mood cuz its friday...
    Quote Originally Posted by andyacecandy View Post
    I didn't make it to my appointment so I'm going tomorrow.. let's hope theyre in a good mood cuz its friday...
    curious...where are you located?
    Fort Worth, TX
    Just got back from the store, the guy ordered a replacement without even looking at my phone so that was cool

he said itll be another 800w though but i made a point to him this would be my 3rd or 4th one and he said hes making a note now and if the next one messes up, just keep calling ecare and they may get me a different phone

maybe ill get lucky and have a pro sent to me ha doubt it
    Update:

Went to the store to pick up my replacement. It was another 800w. I thanked him and walked out.

It is laggy, slow, and I already had a freeze. I called the 703 number on page 10 if this thread and spoke with the lady dealing with me since last week. She said she can't replace it with a different phone but will notify the manager of the store of my problem. She called him, set up an appointment, and I asked if he's just going to end up getting me another 800w. She said it will be his call tomorrow, as I cannot replace it with a different phone sorry.

So tomorrow at my next appointment, I am hoping this guy just gives me a Pro but I'm sure he will give me the "nothing is wrong with your phone sorry" or he'll just order me another 800w... how fun

This seems almost impossible to do now. After tomorrow, my attempts at getting a Pro are done haha
    Update:

Went to the store to pick up my replacement. It was another 800w. I thanked him and walked out.

It is laggy, slow, and I already had a freeze. I called the 703 number on page 10 if this thread and spoke with the lady dealing with me since last week. She said she can't replace it with a different phone but will notify the manager of the store of my problem. She called him, set up an appointment, and I asked if he's just going to end up getting me another 800w. She said it will be his call tomorrow, as I cannot replace it with a different phone sorry.

So tomorrow at my next appointment, I am hoping this guy just gives me a Pro but I'm sure he will give me the "nothing is wrong with your phone sorry" or he'll just order me another 800w... how fun

This seems almost impossible to do now. After tomorrow, my attempts at getting a Pro are done haha
    MY store didn't even attempt to get me a new phone. I had USB charging and headset issues. They said it was my charger and headset. I just got the headset like a month ago at the time. They tested the standard charger and saw that it was having issues. Then tried the Treo Pro charger (which has the 5V pin and GND pin sticking out further. It charged and they said "See, it was the charger." I then told them that didn't resolve the headset issue but they ignored it.

I had to call Sprint over the phone to get it replaced. The guy just asked me my info and he put in a call for a replacement. I love the 800w, just hate the small issues that turn into massive issues (like USB, battery life, even freezing of phone program that requires a reset).

Oh well....
    Quote Originally Posted by JAmerican View Post
    MY store didn't even attempt to get me a new phone. I had USB charging and headset issues. They said it was my charger and headset. I just got the headset like a month ago at the time. They tested the standard charger and saw that it was having issues. Then tried the Treo Pro charger (which has the 5V pin and GND pin sticking out further. It charged and they said "See, it was the charger." I then told them that didn't resolve the headset issue but they ignored it.

I had to call Sprint over the phone to get it replaced. The guy just asked me my info and he put in a call for a replacement. I love the 800w, just hate the small issues that turn into massive issues (like USB, battery life, even freezing of phone program that requires a reset).

Oh well....
    Important follow-up: do you have Sprint insurance?
    I have sprint insurance... all that ever happens is the store orders me another treo 800w or they hard reset my device..... its ********

on my 3rd one now and they cant just give me another phone? I've been paying $7 per month for forever now....
    I've been paying $7 per month for forever now....
    If you had kept the $7/month in your own pocket for all the time you've been paying it to Sprint, you'd probably have enough to buy several other devices. Any issues you've had with the Treo 800w in the first year of ownership, if you purchased the first brand new, were covered by warranty.
    True huh? I'm definitely removing this insurance with my next phone purchase. What is it... a 12 month manufacturers warranty?
    True huh? I'm definitely removing this insurance with my next phone purchase. What is it... a 12 month manufacturers warranty?
    That's right, a 12 month warranty for any device defects.

A while after these devices come out, it's easy to get one cheap on Ebay, even brand new with a good ESN.

I can only speak for myself when I looked over my past usage and how I really never needed any insurance or even repair coverage, all the issues I had were covered by warranty. And I never damage or have my devices stolen. So all the insurance and repair coverage fees had to go.
    Yep. I'll be canceling my insurance too. Soon. Before I do, I'm going to give this thread a few more tries. My 800w has been acting up more than normal lately and now it's time to strike.

That said, timing is everything. The last time I checked my local Sprint store a few weeks ago, the Treo Pro was going for $199 with 2/year agreement/renewal and mail in rebate.

Checked yesterday: Now it's $149...until October 31. At that price, I may bite. That is, again, if I can't get the free upgrade via being persistent.
    Courtesy of Google News alerts...Sprint Users Forum...not sure if I want to laugh or cry:

Sprint Users Forum

So in March I got my ppc 6700 replaced through asurion without TEP and payed the $120 deductible to get a refurb Touch Pro.

Recently I have been having intermittent keyboard problems and now my Touch Pro is stuck at a blank screen after I tried to rotate to landscape to send a text. Soft reset/hard reset did nothing.

My question is, does the refurb Touch Pro I got from Asurion have a 1 year warranty?
    response:

I believe it does. I am not 100% sure when they changed the policy to include a 1 year warranty, but you can probably call tech support and see if you qualify for an advanced exchange.

They are not replacing them with TP's anymore though. You will have to choose between an HTC snap, a Treo Pro, Blackberry Curve or Tour or a TP2 when they get more in stock.

refurb TP warranty question - SprintUsers.com
    Why are 800w users getting stiffed?
    yeah i saw this... freakin a wish 800w could choose between touch pro 2, diamonds, etc......

WHACK
    another update, got my 2nd 800w in the last 5 days or so... they just say they can't get me another phone even thought his is my 4th 800w now...

I will keep trying but here's a bit of advice

that corporate number someone posted here beginning with 703 is not good. It is sprint executive services so yes higher ups but once they help you, NO ONE else is allowed to help you. So, I got denied by the executive and try with customer care. They check my notes and say they have to transfer me to the executive on duty of my problem because it's protocol.

So if you get denied by the executives, you're pretty much screwed as everyone will keep telling you no and transferring you to your executive. It sucks.... I can't even talk to ecare or customer care anymore. They just transfer me to the stupid executive who keeps rejecting me.
    How about this...

So I did alittle research and found the number for the corporate office located in Overland Park, KS, ask for the executive office, I spoke to Marsha... If you have a complaint/issues with Sprint I recommend that you send a call to their corporate office...
    SPRINT PCS - service - My phone would not send and receive pictures, I had it re-provisioned three times by the tech in the LaSalle street location and it was never fixed
    Sprint PCS
    Phone: 913-523-3210
    4950 College Blvd., Overland Park, KS 66211-1612

This should be the number...

If we mention we have Sprint insurance, this can only help...
    I've been having some major problems with my Treo 800W. Took it to the Sprint store three times. The first time two times they handed me a new battery, the third a new charger. That was Tuesday. I left it on the charger all Tuesday night, with data and other features off, and it drained from 93% to 48%. That's just messed up. They ordered me a replacement that they said would come today. Judging by the speed, I've my fingers crossed that it ends up being a Pro. Still, with my luck, it may be a 700WX...
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    I've been having some major problems with my Treo 800W. Took it to the Sprint store three times. The first time two times they handed me a new battery, the third a new charger. That was Tuesday. I left it on the charger all Tuesday night, with data and other features off, and it drained from 93% to 48%. That's just messed up. They ordered me a replacement that they said would come today. Judging by the speed, I've my fingers crossed that it ends up being a Pro. Still, with my luck, it may be a 700WX...
    Keep us posted...what part of the country are you located?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast