1.    #1  
    This was somewhat touched upon in a previous thread about having issue getting into the messaging application after an MMS is received. I have found that the problem is worse with me.

Several times a day, I am unable to start the messaging application. E-mail, SMS, MMS...none of them will open. When I click on the e-mail notification on the home screen, or when I hit the messaging button, or when I try to open the messaging program from the program files folder...it will not open. No error message or anything - just acts as if I never pressed it.

I think I may have isolated it to a problem with the data connection. On a few occasions before having this problem, I get a synchronization error for pocket outlook. When I close out, and then try to get back in, nothing happens.

Only a soft reset seems to help me.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    We don't get this at all after almost two months of heavy use. Do you have 1.04 final version or one of the recalled 1.03 models?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    This was somewhat touched upon in a previous thread about having issue getting into the messaging application after an MMS is received. I have found that the problem is worse with me.

Several times a day, I am unable to start the messaging application. E-mail, SMS, MMS...none of them will open. When I click on the e-mail notification on the home screen, or when I hit the messaging button, or when I try to open the messaging program from the program files folder...it will not open. No error message or anything - just acts as if I never pressed it.

I think I may have isolated it to a problem with the data connection. On a few occasions before having this problem, I get a synchronization error for pocket outlook. When I close out, and then try to get back in, nothing happens.

Only a soft reset seems to help me.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    My phone has done this 3 times total, and it is always when it is sending an email with a large file, or a mms etc. It doesn't need a soft reset either. Typically I will just get something else done on the phone, or put it away for a few minutes, and than it works again when I come back to it.
    That happened to me for a bit. The only thing that I can think of that was different when it was happening is that I had SPB Mobile Shell 2 and it also happened a few times when I was trying out SPB MS3. I've since uninstalled them and haven't had that problem subsequently. I don't know if they are/were the cause, but that's all that I can think of that is different on my phone now. BTW I have 1.04 version.

Update: Well, strangely enough it just happened to me just now. I had just finished deleting about 5 messages, then messenging quit working. It's not SPB Mobile Shell as I don't have it installed, so I don't know what the deal is now.
    Last edited by SandersJC1964; 05/07/2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My wife's phone has gthe same issue happend twice to three times the phone is a few days old and also had 1.04 on it. I have no clue what seems to be the issue.