1.    #1  
    I noticed in the task manager that comes with the AE Buttons program I have multiple phone windows that I can't seem to close. It seems like every time I make/receive a call, a new window is created that stays open in the background. When I check in other task managers it does not show these multiple windows. I know they are open though because when I select one of these phone windows with the AE Buttons task manager, the phone window displays with all the info of that particular call. I also see it in the amount of free memory available. If I press the x at top corner, it closes the window, but stays open in the background. I have my red button bound by AE Buttons to truly close applications when I do a double tap, and this works for most all applications, but not on these phone windows. It seems like the only way to get rid off all these accumulating phone windows is to do a soft reset.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
    Hmm. Interesting. Could be the reasoning for the "memory leaks." Good catch. Maybe Hannip, Zbop or one of the local geniuses can get us a reg edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Hmm. Interesting. Could be the reasoning for the "memory leaks." Good catch. Maybe Hannip, Zbop or one of the local geniuses can get us a reg edit
    Nope, no memory leaks. That's standard WM processes runnings-no need to close them.

Best bet is to add them to AE's exclusion list so they don't appear in the Task Manager. Just write down the name of the window and add it exactly that way to AE's exclusion setting--it is cap sensitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Nope, no memory leaks. That's standard WM processes runnings-no need to close them.

.....snip
    No, I was referring to how WM 6.1, at least on the Pro tends to "loose" memory. In other words, if I am on a fresh soft reset and have 52% remaining, load IE and get to 65% remaning, closing IE results in only 58% left. After opening and closing the task manager a few times, I can get it down to 56%, never 52%. Sometimes it goes up a few more % points throughout the day, but it will never go back to what it started at, and sometimes apps will randomly use twice as much memory as normal. Typically closing the app and restarting will fix this though.
    that's just normal WM stuff though--use some type of RAM flush to get most of it back

usually it doesn't matter but true, on the STP u do have to watch it since there is so little ram
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    that's just normal WM stuff though--use some type of RAM flush to get most of it back

usually it doesn't matter but true, on the STP u do have to watch it since there is so little ram
    Ram flush? Sorry to hijack, but would you mind schooling me? Maybe a name of a decent app? I just did a soft reset and had 52% (Sprite just finished). Loaded a new app that streams sirius, close the app, and now I'm at 62%
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Ram flush? Sorry to hijack, but would you mind schooling me? Maybe a name of a decent app? I just did a soft reset and had 52% (Sprite just finished). Loaded a new app that streams sirius, close the app, and now I'm at 62%
    MemMaid has a nice one (pay), CleanRam (free) is okay on the Treo Pro, not great; Oxios works well (free), etc.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8.    #8  
    what is the name of the app that streams sirius?
    I use C-ApiSRO. I heard SiruCE 2.0 works as well, but I wasn't near a computer to install it, so I went with C-ApiSRO. It works well, but it doens't "give memory back" when you close it. In other words, if I started at 56%, had 80% left when I opened the app, I would only have 79% when I close it. Hopefully this program above will help. The only other problem I noticed was that it "blips" every 30 seconds. Almost like it can't connect the buffered sections right. Either way, I have been trying to stream my Sirius on Palms for years, and this is the first time I have actually got it working, so I'll take what I can get Might still give SiruCE a shot though.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks, I'll try those apps out. I think sktools offers the best ram reclaim tool. I have used memmaid, and it seems to reclaim maybe a third of what sktools does. Sktools still can't bring the ram back to how it is after a soft reset. This especially seems to be the case after I have made a few calls, as these windows remain open in the background. Kind of stinks that with wm the available ram seems to consistently diminish until you perform a soft reset, even with closing all possible applications.
    I wasn't able to get SiriuCE to work, but I did get C-ApiSRO to work. Just an fyi, might want to start with the one that works