1.    #1  
    When I got my STP I was told one of the "have to have" applications was Threaded SMS for the Treo Pro. I started off using the text messaging that came with the phone and I could send and receive pictures without a problem, but there were no emoticons. I decided to try the Threaded SMS for the Treo Pro and I noticed I had emoticons but I lost the ability to view and send pictures through text messaging.

There is another LONG thread talking about MMS and Sprint, but I want to ask a basic question. Is the decision between the standard product and Threaded SMS for the Treo Pro whether you prefer emoticons or MMS?

Should I decide to go back to the standard product, do I simply remove the Threaded SMS for the Treo Pro program and it will go back to the standard product?
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasazcat View Post
    When I got my STP I was told one of the "have to have" applications was Threaded SMS for the Treo Pro. I started off using the text messaging that came with the phone and I could send and receive pictures without a problem, but there were no emoticons. I decided to try the Threaded SMS for the Treo Pro and I noticed I had emoticons but I lost the ability to view and send pictures through text messaging.

There is another LONG thread talking about MMS and Sprint, but I want to ask a basic question. Is the decision between the standard product and Threaded SMS for the Treo Pro whether you prefer emoticons or MMS?

Should I decide to go back to the standard product, do I simply remove the Threaded SMS for the Treo Pro program and it will go back to the standard product?
    I personally could care less about emoticons since I never use them and the original SMS app is threaded already, so I don't see a reason for me to ever try the other version. However, it's up to you which you prefer. If you don't like the newer version you can just go into Settings > Remove Programs and then uninstall it and it will be back to the original one.
    Please follow the uninstall instructions in the Palm SMS thread to avoid problems.