1.    #1  
    Well . . . this has happened 3 times now with my STP in the last few weeks, so I'd say that it's a pattern. I'll pick up my phone, which moments before had been working just fine, only to find that some elements of the today screen are unresponsive. If I try launching programs from the start menu, I get a long error message that starts with "the file cannot be opened" and lists the name of the .exe file. Program icons turn to generic Windows Mobile icons, and none of them will launch. It's as if the device's registry suddenly forgot where most of the apps are. It also affects other things, like Bluetooth. All paired devices are forgotten.

The only thing that will cure this is a soft reset. Once done, everything comes back to normal. Of course, this can happen at inopportune times. Thankfully, I've not had any critical documents open at the time, but if I did they might have been lost.

Does anyone know what might cause this? I'm running a STP SW v1.03. Apps running at the time include GooSync, ActiveSync, and perhaps a few others. I've installed Palm Messaging and Treo Alerts Pro. However, I believe that I've had this problem with no hacks or nonfactory apps installed, although I might be mistaken.

I eagerly await the wisdom of the TreoCentral WM crowd. I just came from a Treo 755p and WinMob is new to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    It has to be one of your 3rd party applications.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    Shoot. Was hoping to avoid "3rd party applications" issues, which plagued me on Palm OS (Agendus and Chatter were very useful, but seemed to destabilize my 755p).

Just for the record, I'm not running any other 3rd party applications other than Goosync, Treo Alert Pro, and Palm Messaging.
    Where did you get Palm Messaging for Windows?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

5.    #5  
    From these very boards.
    If it happens with no apps installed I would say that's grounds for getting a replacement, but you can try a hard reset first to see if that helps.
  7.    #7  
    Hey hannip - glad to see you here. Have you seen any similar behavior caused by Treo Alert Pro or Palm Messaging (which I think are very well done, thank you!)?

If not, then perhaps Goosync (a SyncML client) is the culprit. I did take some snapshots of the error screen to potentially upload or show techs at the Sprint store. If potentially useful, I can upload one of them.

I'd hate to do a hard reset at this point. I wonder if the SW1.03 could be behind this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jvalentinus View Post
    Hey hannip - glad to see you here. Have you seen any similar behavior caused by Treo Alert Pro or Palm Messaging (which I think are very well done, thank you!)?

If not, then perhaps Goosync (a SyncML client) is the culprit. I did take some snapshots of the error screen to potentially upload or show techs at the Sprint store. If potentially useful, I can upload one of them.

I'd hate to do a hard reset at this point. I wonder if the SW1.03 could be behind this?
    A picture would be good. So dunno if it is the error you are talking about but if you had installed Treo Alert on your storage card and for some reason your storage card becomes inaccessible MortScript will put up a popup that has a countdown in seconds waiting for the file to become accessible.
  9.    #9  
    Just happened again. Are there any logs on the phone that I can use to check to see what caused the crash? On the Palm OS there were a number of ways to do this, but I'm unfamiliar with WM.

Thanks again!