Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Well, it's official. I've been approved and my new device is ordered and will be there tomorrow.

Time to start downloading cabs and putting them on my SD card.
    Congrats!
  3.    #23  
    I'm still... apprehensive. But the 800w is killing me in terms of turning on by itself and draining the battery. I can't get through a day sometimes if I use it like a smart phone.

What cracks me up most... I might be using the Pre by next month anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by mchuang View Post
    I have lots of apps installed and i disabled the keyguard in the registry in favor of s2u2 ...
    I found the registry entries for the KGUtil, but don't know which ones to disable it. Care to share your wisdom in this thread? I think many would be interested!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    The 800 faithfulls finally see the light eventually. Congrats on the new device.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    The 800 faithfulls finally see the light eventually. Congrats on the new device.
    I'm not so sure I hate my 800w they way you hate yours. I am more frustrated by the lack of support Palm has given the red-headed step child. It is unfortunate that they took so long to release the device (it should have been out almost a year after the 700wx)... I played with the demo in the store and found that the keyboard still CLICKS to a respectable degree and the onscreen soft keys were fairly intuitive.

AE Button Plus will have to be set up to work as soft keys for when I run PIE in full screen mode.
  7.    #27  
    I noticed that the demo I played with today does have look up from the main screen. Not quite the same implementation... why would zbop's method be preferential over the stock one?
    I'm just trying to figure how one can "finally" and "eventually" do something at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I noticed that the demo I played with today does have look up from the main screen. Not quite the same implementation... why would zbop's method be preferential over the stock one?
    Palm's is faster/smoother than Microsoft's. It is also has more features (hold center key to quick sms/email)--we also get back the letter speed dial & picture dial (today plugin). WM6.1 only has 9 numeric speed dials, as opposed to 26 alpha with Palm ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm just trying to figure how one can "finally" and "eventually" do something at the same time.
    Same way you can eventually be an 800 sellout finally.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Same way you can eventually be an 800 sellout finally.
    You're such a bitter Betty.
    Move on Vibrant.
    Just call me Berd.
  12.    #32  
    I understand the man's frustration... I really do.

Outside of the GPS and screen turning on/battery drain, the 800w has been perfect for me. I would have kept it as long as the 700wx (over 2 years, which is unheard of for me)... I would probably keep the Pro just as long but I've got my eye on the Pre.

I think he has been so jaded and is so bitter, that he can't move on. That sucks... to be him at least.
    Congratulations Darth Pooh. If not for its issues (lack of support included), I would still have an 800w too . I think many of us would.

VRGT put another 800w in his stable of devices, so I doubt he really hates it.
    Yes I still actually own an 800 and use it quite often. However I am totally honest in saying its crap (no sugar coating) and can admit that it is. For others who claim its so great then dump and say negative things about it is hyprocracy at its finest. That was my point inside the sarcasm. No bitter feelings about a phone but rather honesty towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I found the registry entries for the KGUtil, but don't know which ones to disable it. Care to share your wisdom in this thread? I think many would be interested!

First disable the option in the settings.

Then go to HKLM/Services/KGUServ

Rename the KeyGuardUI.dll. I renamed mine to KeyGuardUI.dll2, saved the change and restarted the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mchuang View Post
    First disable the option in the settings.

Then go to HKLM/Services/KGUServ

Rename the KeyGuardUI.dll. I renamed mine to KeyGuardUI.dll2, saved the change and restarted the phone.
    cool thanks...that's a start

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Thanks Mal.

Yeah many things I am going to install.

Cody's IE rollback / nav.
    Zbop's dial lookup.
    Hannips Treo Alert Pro.

Anything else I should really consider?
    Is there a successful way to do the 800 picture dial on the pro??
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    Is there a successful way to do the 800 picture dial on the pro??
    yeah, zbop's "speed dial/contact lookup" Palm app has the picture speed dial--it's all one program works very well on the TP.

Link Please?
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    Link Please?
    Really? Is searching that difficult around here?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ht=palm+tweaks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12