Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I know that ClearType is by default disabled, but by enabling it, does it use up more memory, orbattery power, or cause any other adverse side effects?
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    I know that ClearType is by default disabled, but by enabling it, does it use up more memory, orbattery power, or cause any other adverse side effects?
    technically speaking: more memory and more CPU to run with cleartype than to run without

But, it is such a low number/effect to be almost negligible. one could argue that if you really want the device the fastest with the most memory, to disable CT.

Honestly I would rather do other things (like run the advanced tweaks in MemMaid and either optimize for memory or speed)

I keep it on because it just looks waaay better than with it off

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I also use MemMaid and have it optimized for speed.
    I thought on the Pro ClearType is enabled by default...at least on mine it was. On my 800w it was disabled by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    I thought on the Pro ClearType is enabled by default...at least on mine it was. On my 800w it was disabled by default.
    Yeah, every device I've tried it was off by default--on the Treo Pro it's on, probably due to the faster processor on board/it looks better.

cleartype will slow down the phone. you need to experiment with it on your own. I noticed a substantial increase in my texting speed when I disabled it.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, every device I've tried it was off by default--on the Treo Pro it's on, probably due to the faster processor on board/it looks better.
    How do I find the CT switch on/off looked everywhere I don't recall seeing the option.

Only had Pro less than a week so still finding my way, upgraded from Treo 750.

Thanks for any help.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    How do I find the CT switch on/off looked everywhere I don't recall seeing the option.

Only had Pro less than a week so still finding my way, upgraded from Treo 750.

Thanks for any help.
    Settings --> System --> Screen -> ClearType Tab

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Settings --> System --> Screen -> ClearType Tab
    Of course....

Thanks for the quick come back.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).