Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Not sure if this really belongs here, so moderators, move it if necessary! I have been playing around with a new client for Twitter called TWIKINI from over at Trinket Software. One word really seems to sum it up:

AWESOME!

The program is fairly easy to set up, and is relatively fast. This current beta has some minor issues when I was using it, like losing the images associated with the incoming tweets, but it picks them up later. It also had some communications issues, and all I got was a message saying there was an issue, to try back.

But, overall, I love this little sucker! In fact, I am ready to pony up for a regestered copy as soon as it is in a final release. I do suggest that they add a Today plug-in to give notice there with a quick glance.

If you Twitter, get this program. Really great stuff!
    Tom McElvy
    Va Beach VA USA

Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Treo 750 WM6 --> Treo 750 WM5 -> WM6 -> Treo Pro
    It has been talked about for a few and I have been running it for around a month or so.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ...Idid not know that. I tried locating info on the program, but found nothing... in fact, I have found very little anout usig Twitter on my Treo or Centro. Thought I was helping, did not mean to cause concern...

Tom
    Tom McElvy
    Va Beach VA USA

Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Treo 750 WM6 --> Treo 750 WM5 -> WM6 -> Treo Pro
    There isn't a dedicated Twitter client for Palm os, so you're basically SOL on your Centro, but there are lots of great apps on the WM platform. Twikini is just the newest offering. My fav is PockeTwit.
    Don't work well with Treo 800w, PockeTwit works great.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'm using Twikini on my 800w without big problems. (Earlier versions of beta may have messed with my Mobile Shell 3 and registry, but not recently.) Notifications seem a bit screwy, as they vibe when I don't want them to, but other than that it's fine.

I do like PocketTwit, too.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    I'm using Twikini on my 800w without big problems. (Earlier versions of beta may have messed with my Mobile Shell 3 and registry, but not recently.) Notifications seem a bit screwy, as they vibe when I don't want them to, but other than that it's fine.

I do like PocketTwit, too.
    Maybe that's what it was, then...But I'm a happy camper now