1.    #1  
    GetSportz is a free sports scores and news application. I am looking for people to test the latest version on their Treo Pro. There are so many devices in the market today that it is impossible to purchase and test on every device. Unfortunately many of these devices have subtle differences that can cause problems.

You can download GetSportz by pointing your phone browser at GetSportz - Where too much sports is never enough!

GetSportz has a 'Live' baseball part of the application that is accessed from the Baseball scores pages. This places a baseball diamond graphic on the screen and shows all the base runners, strikes, ball counts, scores etc in real time. You should be able to exit this page in the standard way and be taken back to the scores page. Once a game ends, the device should also turn off to save power. These are the specific features I would like feedback on.

Of course if you spot any other issues or have any suggestions I would be very appreciative to hear. We are actively developing GetSportz and always looking at how we can improve the user experience.

Thanks

James Fisher
    GetSportz
    this is suppose to be a real nice app. George just reviewed it the other day if some are curious about its features, etc.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Just in case, its working well on my Treo 800w.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    upon installation (to my storage card)-

"faied with error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."

redownloaded and re-installed twice (after soft reset) with same result.

It does say that the cab was sucessfully installed, though.

Haven't tried it yet to see if the error message affects the program.

More info:
    Just tried to open the program and I get the same error message, and the app won't start-

(Also:- a little unsolicited friendly advice, but it's considered it a bit rude to place your app in my Start menu without asking me- I've already chosen the 7 apps I want there- placing yours there without asking moves one of mine out- forcing me to go into settings to change it- if I like your program and want it in one of my seven 'favorites" I'll put it there myself. Please accept this as piece of friendly advice, with no offense intended- and good luck with the app-)
    Last edited by marksr; 05/03/2009 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post

More info:
    Just tried to open the program and I get the same error message, and the app won't start-

(Also:- a little unsolicited friendly advice, but it's considered it a bit rude to place your app in my Start menu without asking me- I've already chosen the 7 apps I want there- placing yours there without asking moves one of mine out- forcing me to go into settings to change it- if I like your program and want it in one of my seven 'favorites" I'll put it there myself. Please accept this as piece of friendly advice, with no offense intended- and good luck with the app-)
    Yeah, that happened to me too. You need to install in the Main Memory & it works fine, don't work off the SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Yeah, that happened to me too. You need to install in the Main Memory & it works fine, don't work off the SD card.
    That's something he could work on. I prefer installing additional programs on my memory card.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

More info:

Hmmmm.....I have it installed with no problems. It's installed on my memory card and runs just fine.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Love it, thank u
    Quote Originally Posted by Astropin View Post
    Hmmmm.....I have it installed with no problems. It's installed on my memory card and runs just fine.
    Don't memory cards have different rating according to their data transfer rate? Maybe it only works on the faster rated memory cards?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Don't memory cards have different rating according to their data transfer rate? Maybe it only works on the faster rated memory cards?
    Maybe. I bought a cheap ($18.00) 8GB A-Data card. Not sure what speed it is but it works great.

More info:

I got this same error when trying to install to the storage card. Works fine when installed to main memory.

More info:
    Same here. I am using an A-DATA 8GB Micro SDHC (class 6). No problems running from main memory. I will play with the application later tonight/tomorrow to give more input. Looks great so far.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi