1.    #1  
    I'm having a problem when I go into the MMS. After I close out the Messaging app and try to open it back up again, it won't open. Whether I send one or just go into drafting one and then close it out, it's doing the same thing. I have to do a soft reset for it to open again. It doesn't do this for SMS, only for MMS. Anybody else having this problem?
    With my GSM Treo Pro, I've never had that problem and I use MMS a lot.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    hmmm...well I'm using a Sprint TP. It's not a huge deal for me since I barely use MMS, but I would still like to know if a hard reset would fix this. Anybody using the Sprint version having this problem?
    I have the same EXACT problem. It seems that while the image is being uploaded, you can't access your SMS, MMS, or any of your inboxes. I think this also happens if there are any pending messages or drafts in your outbox. The messaging app will not start. A few minutes later, after the MMS is sent, everything works again.

I'm using a CDMA Sprint Treo Pro. It must have something to do with the new 3rd party software that Sprint uses for its MMS.
  5.    #5  
    Even after it confirms that the message is sent, I can't get back in. And what makes it even stranger is if I go into message and then click New > Picture Message and then just close everything out without doing anything else, I still can't get back in. Is this the case for you also?
    I use MMS quite a bit (one of the main reasons that I have the Sprint Treo Pro), and am not having this issue at all. I send the MMS, then just close messaging. I get an icon on the top of the today screen showing the status of the message (being sent/sent). I can get right back into messaging with no issues. Now I do have mine set so the when I go into messaging, it brings up the menu, so I choose either texting or email (I'm drawing a blank on what that's called right now, sorry a senior moment ). What is yours set at?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  7.    #7  
    Unfortunately mine's set the same way. Even if I click on the link to bypass the Messaging selection page and go directly to my email, it still won't open. It's like the whole Messaging app is locked up. I might have to do a hard reset in hopes of it fixing this. Thanks for the responses everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    Unfortunately mine's set the same way. Even if I click on the link to bypass the Messaging selection page and go directly to my email, it still won't open. It's like the whole Messaging app is locked up. I might have to do a hard reset in hopes of it fixing this. Thanks for the responses everyone.
    Try the other setting before the hard reset, it can't hurt and might prevent you from having to restore everything.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Maybe my problem is different, because I can get back into messaging after that little icon at the top has dissapeard (a couple of minutes, depending on how large the picture is).
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Try the other setting before the hard reset, it can't hurt and might prevent you from having to restore everything.

I tried every way possible with no positive results. So I did a backup and then did a hard reset. Fired it up and I'm still having the same problem. Maybe it's one of the bugs associated with 1.03? Hopefully the only one! Either way it's only a minor inconvenience to do a reset after each MMS considering I'll probably only send about 1 a month at most.

Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    Maybe my problem is different, because I can get back into messaging after that little icon at the top has dissapeard (a couple of minutes, depending on how large the picture is).
    Yeah, my issue was different then yours. I think yours is either lag due to the processing needed to send the picture or a built in feature so you don't try sending any more messages while the current one is loading. I wish I had your problem! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    I tried every way possible with no positive results. So I did a backup and then did a hard reset. Fired it up and I'm still having the same problem. Maybe it's one of the bugs associated with 1.03? Hopefully the only one! Either way it's only a minor inconvenience to do a reset after each MMS considering I'll probably only send about 1 a month at most.
    That's interesting that you are using one of the 1.03 phones.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I am using 1.03 as well. Perhaps we found one of the differences?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i have the same problem every once and a while on a sprint treo pro on 1.04
    Using SPB mobile shell 3.0 definately makes the problem worse. I have to constantly soft reset my device to use messaging when it's installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I have the same EXACT problem. It seems that while the image is being uploaded, you can't access your SMS, MMS, or any of your inboxes. I think this also happens if there are any pending messages or drafts in your outbox. The messaging app will not start. A few minutes later, after the MMS is sent, everything works again.

I'm using a CDMA Sprint Treo Pro. It must have something to do with the new 3rd party software that Sprint uses for its MMS.
    i havent seen this on mine and mms used daily.....,Might this be related to ROM version?