1.    #1  
    I found on ebay a treo 800w battery for like $8 bucks from a reputable ebay store. They sent me a battery, when I popped it in my phone, nothing happened, and it wouldnt immediately charge. So I sent them an email and they sent me ANOTHER battery. Same thing, although this time I left it on the charger for about 5 minutes, when I came back, the red LED light was on and it would blink every like 15 seconds. So I tried to turn the phone on and nothing happened. I took it off the charger and it blinked quickly as the red light got lighter and lighter until it went away. Still not turning the phone on.. Do I just have 2 dead batterys? What does the blinking red LED light mean? Before I send another nasty gram I want to make sure its not just me.. Thanks in advance
    The 800w has some type of microchip feature for the battery which makes 3rd party batteries difficult to manufacture.

I don't think these batteries will work with the 800w--the only ones that I do know work 100% are Palm's and Seidio's.

All others are "use at your own risk", but perhaps others here have some success stories with other companies?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    The batteries they sent me are palm batteries.. The battery looks exactly like the one I already have in my treo. The only difference I notice is that on the one that came with the treo says cell origin Korea and the ones they sent me says cell origin Samsung... but I don't know why that would matter. The serial numbers are alike as well, all starting with BTS####.. Additionally, I have noticed the batteries they sent me dont have the red and white sticker on them, which I am assuming is the water sticker? So maybe these are damaged, I am going to send another email and have them send another I guess... Can I take one in to the sprint store and have them replace it for free with TEP?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpun99sj View Post
    The batteries they sent me are palm batteries.. The battery looks exactly like the one I already have in my treo. The only difference I notice is that on the one that came with the treo says cell origin Korea and the ones they sent me says cell origin Samsung... but I don't know why that would matter. The serial numbers are alike as well, all starting with BTS####.. Additionally, I have noticed the batteries they sent me dont have the red and white sticker on them, which I am assuming is the water sticker? So maybe these are damaged, I am going to send another email and have them send another I guess... Can I take one in to the sprint store and have them replace it for free with TEP?
    That sounds exactly like the battery I bought from Ebay—only mine works fine.

I think this is the seller I bought mine from:
    Ebay
  5.    #5  
    yes, that is basically the same deal from Ebay, same battery type and all.. Im guessing the two they sent me may have been watered damaged ones but who knows.. They refunded me the 8 bucks and I tried a different seller on ebay same price, just a different seller. Was yours new? They all advertise as new, but the 2 I received clearly were not new and were all scratched up.. Hope its better this time around. Thanks
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpun99sj View Post
    yes, that is basically the same deal from Ebay, same battery type and all.. Im guessing the two they sent me may have been watered damaged ones but who knows.. They refunded me the 8 bucks and I tried a different seller on ebay same price, just a different seller. Was yours new? They all advertise as new, but the 2 I received clearly were not new and were all scratched up.. Hope its better this time around. Thanks
    Mine was advertised as new and looked new when I got it. I will say that it took a good 5-10 minutes in the charger before the phone would start up with the new batteries. I think that's probably because the batteries were at 0% when they arrived.

Hope your next batteries work!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Did you install the patch from Palm, it has to do with a battery that has been completely drained and not charging. Here is the link.

Since I am new to this forum , but not new to 800w LOL it wont let me post the link directly to the palm site with the fix and work around.
    There is a software patch for this, as well as a temporary work around.

From the Palm Website
    "Battery charging

When plugged into the charger, the device may not charge a completely discharged battery. This scenario is most likely to happen if you leave a fully discharged battery for a few days before trying to charge it in the device. If your Treo 800w battery has been fully discharged for a few days and then does not take a charge when you connect it to the charger: turn on your PC and connect your Treo 800w device to the PC using the USB sync cable (included in the box). Your device will get a slow "trickle" charge through the PC. When the device's battery indicator shows that it is 25% charged, you can begin installation of the update."
  8.    #8  
    Turns out that was the problem.. I needed to leave the battery on the charger for about 10 minutes before it would slowly start to charge.. Here I just figured they were dead based on the physical condition they were in.. Ended up w. 2 batteries from the one company who refunded my money, so then I bought another from a different company. So I had 3 working batteries for 7 bucks.. Morals got me and I ended up having that company re-bill me for the 2 they sent.. So now I have 4 batteries..
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Glad to see that helped you out.
    Now that you know the batteries work and the phone is ok, i would install the patch from the palm website to fix that problem so it wont happen in the future.