Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    I got it to work - that wasn't the problem.
    It would just be a lot easier if it would work directly from the plugin...
    It's NEVER worked from the plugin as far as I know. It doesn't work that way on my 800w. I don't know if I ever tried it on my 700wx.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Just recieved my Pro today 800w died friday thanks for the tweaks
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    The bluetooth and ICS icons on the carrier line will launch the settings, but they do not change color/icon to reflect the current state.
    z... I'm wondering if you've had any luck with this or if there is anything I can do to help?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    z... I'm wondering if you've had any luck with this or if there is anything I can do to help?
    Hmm, I think the issue was that the STP drivers and the Palm plugins use different registry entries to reflect state so there's a mismatch.

And from what I remember, it wasn't a simple matter of patching the location either. If you created a dll that monitors bluetooth state, which then updates the registry entries expected by the plugins, it might work.
    Hmm, I think the issue was that the STP drivers and the Palm plugins use different registry entries to reflect state so there's a mismatch.

And from what I remember, it wasn't a simple matter of patching the location either. If you created a dll that monitors bluetooth state, which then updates the registry entries expected by the plugins, it might work.
    I'll take a look when I get some free time. Do you know what registry entries the plugin looks at?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

6.    #66  
    I'll take a look when I get some free time. Do you know what registry entries the plugin looks at?
    Off the top of my head, no...

I'd need to check a registry dump or scan the binaries to find it again. Right now I'm busy trying to catch up on all the Pre reviews coming out, but I'll check on it in the morning if you can't find it.
  7.    #67  
    Found it, its:

HKLM\System\State\Hardware\BTRadio\RadioState

I'm not sure what values correspond to what state, but I remember being able to change the icon color just by setting that registry entry.
    Found it, its:

HKLM\System\State\Hardware\BTRadio\RadioState

I'm not sure what values correspond to what state, but I remember being able to change the icon color just by setting that registry entry.
    All right... I'll see what I can do with this...

Update: Yep... That's the one... DWORD value of 0 gives you the greay, 1 gives you the blue and it picks up the connection on its own. I'll see what I can do to create something DLL-wise to update that...

Update: WTF??

From MS:

Applications can use State and Notifications Broker to get notification when the state of the Bluetooth radio changes. The current state of the Bluetooth radio is stored in the Bluetooth registry value under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Hardware key. The following table shows the possible DWORD values for Bluetooth.

DWORD Value Description

0 Power off - Bluetooth is turned off on the device.

1 Connectable - Bluetooth is turned on. The local device can initiate a connection with a peer device but the local device is not discoverable by peer devices that are within range.

3 Discoverable - Bluetooth is turned on. The local device is listed, when a peer device searches for available devices within range. The peer device can pair with the local device.
    Why does my DWORD value on my Pro show '9' when on, '8' when off and '11' when discoverable??

Would anyone be willing to check these values on their pros and see if they get the same results?
    Last edited by gksmithlcw; 06/05/2009 at 01:42 AM.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

All right... I'll see what I can do with this...

Update: Yep... That's the one... DWORD value of 0 gives you the greay, 1 gives you the blue and it picks up the connection on its own. I'll see what I can do to create something DLL-wise to update that...

Update: WTF??

From MS:

Why does my DWORD value on my Pro show '9' when on, '8' when off and '11' when discoverable??

Would anyone be willing to check these values on their pros and see if they get the same results?
    I don't know why some devices set different flags for bluetooth, but this is the logic I ended up with for each state. Hope it helps.

Code:
    // check bluetooth status
       BTFlags = RegReadDWord(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, L"System\\State\\Hardware", L"Bluetooth");
       if ( RegValueExists(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, L"System\\State\\Hardware\\BTRadio", L"NumACL" ) )
        NumACL  = RegReadDWord(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, L"System\\State\\Hardware\\BTRadio", L"NumACL");
       if ( RegValueExists(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, L"System\\State\\Hardware\\BTRadio", L"NumSCO" ) )
        NumSCO  = RegReadDWord(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, L"System\\State\\Hardware\\BTRadio", L"NumSCO");

if ( BTFlags & 32 || NumSCO > 0 )
        RegWrite(HK(L"HKLM"), L"Software\\Microsoft\\Today\\Items\\TREO ALERT\\Item1", L"bmp", instPath + BTsco );
       else if ( BTFlags & 4 || BTFlags & 16 || NumACL > 0 )
        RegWrite(HK(L"HKLM"), L"Software\\Microsoft\\Today\\Items\\TREO ALERT\\Item1", L"bmp", instPath + BTwhite );
       else if ( BTFlags & 1 )
        RegWrite(HK(L"HKLM"), L"Software\\Microsoft\\Today\\Items\\TREO ALERT\\Item1", L"bmp", instPath + BTblue );
       else
        RegWrite(HK(L"HKLM"), L"Software\\Microsoft\\Today\\Items\\TREO ALERT\\Item1", L"bmp", instPath + BTgrey );
  10.    #70  
    Thanks hannip, you da man...

Yep, seems to be a bitwise-OR of bluetooth state, but I don't see any definitions in the SDK that maps to that.
    Thanks hannip, you da man...

Yep, seems to be a bitwise-OR of bluetooth state, but I don't see any definitions in the SDK that maps to that.
    Yeah, that's what threw me.... LOL

However, I think I should have something done on this in the next couple of days. I'm a little pressed for time on with other things and, quite honestly, this is the first DLL I've tried to write so it's a learning experience! LOL

Hopefully, Tuesday or Wednesday. :-)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

12.    #72  
    Cool! BTW, before you go all out it might be worth verifying that it's possible to trick the dialpad plugin to show the other states (connected, headset). But even without that, ON/OFF would be great.
    Cool! BTW, before you go all out it might be worth verifying that it's possible to trick the dialpad plugin to show the other states (connected, headset). But even without that, ON/OFF would be great.
    It shows the white 'connected' icon with no problem once it shows the initial 'on' icon. It is NOT showing the headset icon with this registry edit.
    Last edited by gksmithlcw; 06/08/2009 at 12:01 AM.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Is there away to remove this entire line - The bluetooth and ICS icons on the carrier.

I only want the single search line.

I have HTC Home installed and since this goes on the bottom with the extra carrier line and plugins I can't see friends that have 3+ number and I'll never use the bluetooth and ICS icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfendrick View Post
    Is there away to remove this entire line - The bluetooth and ICS icons on the carrier.

I only want the single search line.

I have HTC Home installed and since this goes on the bottom with the extra carrier line and plugins I can't see friends that have 3+ number and I'll never use the bluetooth and ICS icon.
    Check out Post #7 of this thread over at PPCGeeks.com. That whole thread is chalked full of goodness and should probably be mirrored or perma-linked here. :-)

Thanks again to Malatesta for that thread.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

This is great stuff, but having a hard time getting most of these to work on Pro GSM. Lookup works, speedial messes up some of the menu commands and doesn't work any different than wm version. do you have a GSM version?
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by baba1975 View Post
    This is great stuff, but having a hard time getting most of these to work on Pro GSM. Lookup works, speedial messes up some of the menu commands and doesn't work any different than wm version. do you have a GSM version?
    A couple of people have reported that this works on a GSM Treo Pro so I'm not aware of these issues, can you post a screenshot?
    if i activate hidecarrier then it hides the lookup as well. however if i type it sorta shows up. ideas?
    I installed PalmSpeedDialLookup.CAB on my Alltel Treo Pro, ...after a soft reset, it showed Sprint and locked up... I guess I should of asked about Alltel before trying it. Any version that will work with my Pro?
    Hey, it is working now. After another soft reset (or two), it started working... but I still have the Sprint label listed... how do I change that? And do you have an answer for showing the bluetooth headset icon?
    Thanks....
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast