Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    thanks again!
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    ZBOP, what a great app. I am hooked already.

Contact Dial Lookup
    - The speed is very fast!
    - I came from the 750v and I like the way it displays the phone numbers and I like the way it reacts when clicking on the name. This provide options like text, email, open, etc. Great spot to add the option listed below.
    - The word sprint is displayed instead of AT&T. Maybe hard typed instead of picking up the carrier.

Speed Dial
    - Great that we can use any key for speed dial.
    - The voicemail icons do not display onscreen.

One final question. I use a Contact Send Menu can (attached). When I install this cab it adds another menu option under More... This adds send via email/sms. This option is available under the built in contacts or under Agenda One by Developer One, so I imagine that this adds a global option for any contact using PIM programs. Can you program pickup this as an option.

This programs actually makes it easy to forward contact details directly from your device without having to make a vcard.

Again great app.

Looking forward to updates.

Thanks
    Yup I knew the carrier name had to be fixed, but was waiting to see if it even worked. Glad to hear this is compatible with the GSM version!

I'll add something so you can set the carrier name. I'll also take a look at the Contacts menu you posted, thanks!
    Is there a 96dpi version available yet? I saw reference to it in the first post.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidck65 View Post
    Is there a 96dpi version available yet? I saw reference to it in the first post.
    Not yet. I have one working but it has the same issue that the dial lookup/speed dial plugins had with RealVGA on the 800w, they only display a width of 240, rather than 320.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    That's better than nothing...
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Any update for the RealVGA version?
    Thank you for helping so many of us out. I have faith in this Pro & your the Pro that makes it better. Thank you
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    Any update for the RealVGA version?
    Not yet, I've been putting off releasing this for a few reasons:

1) The plugins will only display 240 pixel width
    2) The quickkey setting screen is messed up, you can use it even though it's difficult to read it.
    3) The DPI switcher script opens up a can of worms that I really don't want to touch at the moment.

If you only plan on setting up 96DPI and don't plan to go back to 128DPI and can live with the current issues, I can probably post what I have. It won't be until this weekend though.

If you need it to work with the DPI switcher, someone else will have to step up and integrate it properly with RealVGA.
    I really like this since it's a lot faster than the built in Microsoft dialer, but that dialer is still accessible by pressing the send key. The picture speed dial is also much better than what's built into MS 2.0, which is the real reason I got this. Great job Zbop!
  10.    #50  
    Dial Lookup/Speed Dial plugins for 96DPI (RealVGA)

Install:
    1) Make sure RealVGA is already installed and switched to 96DPI
    2) Install PalmSpeedDialLookup96.CAB to your device (not Storage Card)
    3) Soft-Reset

Usage:
    By default, the installation disables the Wireless today plugin and enables the Speed Dial/Dial Lookup plugins. The Speed Dial plugin will not show up on the today screen until you add a speed dial. To do this, go to:
    Start -> Settings -> Today -> Items, highlight Speed Dial, tap on Options
    The "Hide Lookup Field" feature still works, but you need to use the DialLookupField toggle (installed under Programs) to make it hidden or visible.

Notes:
    - If you still want the Wireless today plugin, you can go back and reenable it under the today plugin settings.
    - The Active Call plugin is not included in this. What I posted seems to integrate cleanly with the Treo Pro and didn't want to push my luck, lol.
    - This does work with HideCarrier posted here.
    - If you disable the Dial Lookup plugin, the quickkey speedials will no longer work.
    - If your carrier is not set correctly, you can use a registry editor to modify it, for example:
    HKLM\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name = "Alltel"

Caveats:
    - The plugins do not display the full 320 pixel-width.
    - The bluetooth icons on the carrier line will launch the settings, but they do not change color/icon to reflect the current state. The Location Privacy icon does not work at all.
    - Do NOT click on the Advanced tab when assigning a Speed Dial. It isn't needed and it will crash the settings app.
    - Do NOT use the RealVGA DPI switcher and switch back to 128DPI. Support has not been added for switching capability. If you need to switch back, the safe way is to remove the plugins first, and then switch back.

Acknowledgements:
    Ebag333
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just curious what is RealVGA.? compared to what I have. I currently have the palm treo pro with sprint
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Try a search first...
    Basically it's a way to increase your screen resolution, the same way that changing to a higher resolution on a computer screen gives you more screen real estate, and makes the icons and what you see on the screen smaller.
    zbop...i wud hit the thx button a million times if i cud. this helped win me over for this phone, coming from an avid 800w supporter. im really starting to like it more now...once again, thanx
    I recently installed RealVGA and the updated speed-dial for the realVGA and noticed a slight change. Just checking if this was a change from the non-RealVGA version. It's only a slight difference, but when i start typing a name and the names/numbers pop up, I used to be able to click on the name and get a little listbox of options such as "text this contact, email this contact" and now it just brings me to the contact's info page. Is that how it is for everyone, or is it just mine? Thanks for the info in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Dial Lookup/Speed Dial plugins for 96DPI (RealVGA)
    Excellent...thanks!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by crang4 View Post
    I recently installed RealVGA and the updated speed-dial for the realVGA and noticed a slight change. Just checking if this was a change from the non-RealVGA version. It's only a slight difference, but when i start typing a name and the names/numbers pop up, I used to be able to click on the name and get a little listbox of options such as "text this contact, email this contact" and now it just brings me to the contact's info page. Is that how it is for everyone, or is it just mine? Thanks for the info in advance.
    That's how it works for me.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by crang4 View Post
    Yep, that's expected. The plugins for the RealVGA version are pulled from a Treo 750 (I think), and the non-RealVGA version is built using 800w binaries.

The 800w has a newer version of the dial lookup plugin which include the listbox feature you mentioned. Unfortunately, the newer version will not work with RealVGA.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Zbop: I was just switching phones to a replacement Pro (Sprint, of course ) and I had already installed your plugin (the RealVGA version).
    I found that if I use a ##123# or ##123456# code, it starts dialing it, instead of taking you to the relevant screen. I tried it with ##778# and ##MSL## (using my real MSL of course).
    Any solutions?
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    Zbop: I was just switching phones to a replacement Pro (Sprint, of course ) and I had already installed your plugin (the RealVGA version).
    I found that if I use a ##123# or ##123456# code, it starts dialing it, instead of taking you to the relevant screen. I tried it with ##778# and ##MSL## (using my real MSL of course).
    Any solutions?
    Punch in the code from the dial pad. This should solve your problem.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I got it to work - that wasn't the problem.
    It would just be a lot easier if it would work directly from the plugin...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast