1.    #1  
    I researched this when I first got my Pro, so I know it's normal, but I don't think I've found a way to fix it.

When I get an SMS and read it, then send another SMS, my SMS count on the Today screen registers my sent SMS as 1 unread. I have to go back and click on the SMS that I sent to clear the counter. There are also other instances where I have to go in and read an SMS again just to clear the counter. It's actually starting to get me quite pissed off, and I never had this problem with my Touch Diamond or 800w. Is there anyway around this?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I researched this when I first got my Pro, so I know it's normal, but I don't think I've found a way to fix it.

When I get an SMS and read it, then send another SMS, my SMS count on the Today screen registers my sent SMS as 1 unread. I have to go back and click on the SMS that I sent to clear the counter. There are also other instances where I have to go in and read an SMS again just to clear the counter. It's actually starting to get me quite pissed off, and I never had this problem with my Touch Diamond or 800w. Is there anyway around this?
    It's part of the way that text messaging works on the STP. The reason it does what it does is because it only threads text messages, and has no way of distinguishing between the ones sent and the ones received. There is no way to unthread text messages, like you could with the 800w or 755p, which didn't have this issue. I'm hoping that this will be fixed by Sprint as it's the only thing I hate about the texting. I agree, it's a real pain in the you-know-where.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    u must be turning off your phone by using the top button the phone, if u press the red button and have the screen turn off and then u go back into it, it resets the msgs count.
    I noticed that sometimes it just goes away by itself. I think it's just setup to check after a certain amount of time, because sometimes it goes away right away and other times it stays there for a while. I think it's just because the screen hasn't refreshed yet.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah...I've also noticed that it depends how long you stay in the messaging app before you exit out. For example, if I send a text and quickly close it out, the count will stay at 1, but if I send it, wait 5 seconds, the count goes away.

Not very consistant. They should definately come out with a fix for this.
    Indeed.

Between that issue and the "delay to type" when responding to an SMS (I always miss the 1st letter) I stopped using the WinMo version and used Hannip's PalmSMS trick--I just like Palm's much better and it doesn't have these two issue. Downside is no real MMS (but I don't use it anyways).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Yeah...I've also noticed that it depends how long you stay in the messaging app before you exit out. For example, if I send a text and quickly close it out, the count will stay at 1, but if I send it, wait 5 seconds, the count goes away.

Don't get your hopes up about a fix. This has been a bug with 6.1 since it was initially released. Right now they're putting their effort into getting 6.5 out, so there's no chance of them fixing 6.1 bugs, especially minor ones like these.
    From what I've read elsewhere this bug was already fixed in a newer build of 6.1 than what's loaded on the Treo Pro.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Indeed.

Between that issue and the "delay to type" when responding to an SMS (I always miss the 1st letter) I stopped using the WinMo version and used Hannip's PalmSMS trick--I just like Palm's much better and it doesn't have these two issue. Downside is no real MMS (but I don't use it anyways).
    Strange, I always miss the first letter as well. I've just started hitting it twice. Thought it was old age there for a minute.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    yea it was pretty annoying at first but then i got used to hitting the 1st letter twice. Only still annoying when I wanna start off with a symbol in the ALT menu.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Strange, I always miss the first letter as well. I've just started hitting it twice. Thought it was old age there for a minute.
    heh, nope. just some "delay bug". Drove me nuts :-/ But I enjoy the Palm app better anyways (love the emoticons, picture ID and just the look) so all's good.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12.    #12  
    I dont' get how this is a problem with windows 6.1.... I know I didn't have this issue on my Touch Diamond or 800w.
    this issue drives me nuts. I wish MMS would work on the Palm SMS app so I could reinstall that.
  14.    #14  
    I dont' get how this is a problem with windows 6.1.... I know I didn't have this issue on my Touch Diamond or 800w.
    I think it's an issue with this build of Windows 6.1. I Just upgraded my Diamond to the new official Sprint rom, and I'm having the same problem. Screw that.
    My SMS/MMS inbox constantly shows "2 Items, 2 Unread" despite the fact that all folders in the SMS/MMS file are empty. Is their some way to reset? Thanks.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."