1.    #1  
    I searched and didn't see any mention of this, so sorry if it's been pointed out before. On page 363 of the Sprint Treo Pro user guide, there is a picture of the Memory Usage screen, and shows total available program memory as 70.97 MB. I am assuming this was from some early early firmware version and was used for making the user manual, and not 1.03?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That is the total program memory. That actual available depends on what apps you're running plus the overhead the OS requires. Currently my 1.04 shows 80.54mb total memory, 51.89mb in use, and 28.65mb Free. When I stop all running programs, it shows the same total, but 48.51 in use, and 32.03 free. After a soft reset, I show 80.54 total, 39.95 in use, and 41.19 free. THe most free memory I've seen on mine was 44-45mb.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  3.    #3  
    Right, my 1.04 also shows 80.54 Total. It always shows that, but my free amount depends on what apps are running as you said. What I'm wondering about that picture in the user guide is that it shows 70.97 Total. That tells me that 70.97 is the maximum amount of Program memory available on that particular device. I'm just curious if that is an older ROM that they used when putting that manual together?
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    I'm just curious if that is an older ROM that they used when putting that manual together?
    That's my guess...

So I guess the upshot is the memory issue could have been a lot worse

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    That's my guess...

So I guess the upshot is the memory issue could have been a lot worse
    No kidding!