Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 750 and am about to get a Treo Pro however looking on the net there doesn't seem to be a antenna connection point on the Pro for a car kit or Patch lead, or is it just hidden somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    I don't see an external antenna connection on my Treo Pro.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I don't see an external antenna connection on my Treo Pro.
    Probably wont cause me much of a problem because I have the Treo 750 with the antenae out put, but could be a problem to people out in the rural areas of Western Australia where it can be a long way between towers, they usually need external antenna connection.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Are picocell repeaters legal in Australia? That would be a better solution than having to run a wire to your phone.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Are picocell repeaters legal in Australia? That would be a better solution than having to run a wire to your phone.
    I think they are now being trialled in Virgin and Qantas aircraft so they are probably being used in other places in Australia but I'm not aware of any.

However from what I have read they seem to be more for fixed enviroments i.e. office buildings and industrial complexes.

I was thinking more of mobile situations in vehicles but not always the same vehicle.

My carrier uses both GSM/Edge and 3G technology with 3G having the faster/bigger coverage my carrier Telstra claims 98%+ coverage of user base but this doesn't always equate to 98%+ of the country, we have a holiday place in the South West only about 100klm from CBD which can be a bit dodgy for reception for most carriers.

They market some phones for "Fringe/Rural" areas as Blue Tick phones, I understand they have slightly tweaked software and some factory tweaks to antenae, i.e. Palm is Blue Tick, Blackberry is not Mobile Phones from Telstra.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Here in the US they sell cellular repeaters made for use in vehicles as well as those meant for homes and offices. They're not legal in all countries and there is some debate as to legality in the US, though there are a number of them on the market here.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Here in the US they sell cellular repeaters made for use in vehicles as well as those meant for homes and offices. They're not legal in all countries and there is some debate as to legality in the US, though there are a number of them on the market here.
    I have seen mention of people being advised on other Forums to investigate repeaters that can be mounted at a higher point in the building to get better reception for wireless laptops but don't know of anyone with them.
    Do you have a link to one of these devices?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's