Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Is there any way to force the Treo CPU to stay at max. speed? There are utilities out there to do it (and even to overclock) for similar processors, but not one I can find that supports ours, so far. I don't want to overclock, just to force it to never throttle down. I know all about how this will kill battery life and such...

I have an application that cannot tolerate the CPU slowing down and if I don't constantly touch my screen or buttons, it seems to think I'm not using it although the CPU is screaming (or trying to). This happens on every phone I've played with, but I can turn it off on the others.

Thoughts? A Registry entry to turn off the driver (I've looked but not found it, yet).

Thanks!
    Try Teksoft Speedbooster? One of my favorite apps...very well designed.

It doesn't overclock but instead gives "higher priority" to the cpu for user-specified programs. Sounds like something you could use...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Try Teksoft Speedbooster? One of my favorite apps...very well designed.

It doesn't overclock but instead gives "higher priority" to the cpu for user-specified programs. Sounds like something you could use...
    hi.
    1. any downside to using this booster?
    2. does it make a big diffrane?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi.
    1. any downside to using this booster?
    2. does it make a big diffrane?
    Potentially could use slightly more battery life...

I say potentially because (1) you're not actually overclocking (2) depends on what program you set it for

So if you set it for an app that is only in use some of the time, it's not a big deal, but if you set it for something that you have "on" for 24/7 and "in focus" (on screen), it could use more battery...but it's not much

re: does it make a big difference, not as much as overclocking but definitely more than without it. Any program that you use with it and set for "high" priority will feel much zippier. It's also quite stable (compared to OCing).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter