Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I went to the Service Center on Stevens Creek yesterday in Santa Clara California and they were able to do the Software upgrade to 1.04. It took about an hr for them to complete but then it works a heck of a lot better..

B
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    That's good news for all the EBay 1.03 buyers.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Yes, about $50 or more of your time, but good news for those who already bought them!
    GTK, hopefully other stores will get this

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I told the tech I dropped the insurance about 3 months ago...due to all the crap..ie fee's increase...On my Work order it said Work estimated at $119.00

He said they would do it for me as a loyal customer...good to know they knew what the heck I was talking about when I went in there..I asked to speak to the Tech directly to explain the difference in firmware. She said she understood what I was talking about and they had the current release to fix the "memory leak" problem...works alot better now and my mind is at ease..
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    I told the tech I dropped the insurance about 3 months ago...due to all the crap..ie fee's increase...On my Work order it said Work estimated at $119.00
    That's a bunch of hooey from Sprint...

According to their new warranty program, "Software updates" get $0 charge.

People reading this thread should familiarize themselves with the above sheets so as to not get taken advantage of by Sprint.

$119 charges are only for things outside 1-year warranty, "wear and tear" or physical damage.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Yes, about $50 or more of your time, but good news for those who already bought them!

Sounds like you paid alot for yours and are just trying to rationalise the extra expense?

But most people have things to do with thier lives like go play with kids eat lunch do some shopping etc while the phone is being flashed so the $50 in time is NOT an expense.
    Wow i will try this today
    I went to the Service Center on Stevens Creek yesterday in Santa Clara California and they were able to do the Software upgrade to 1.04. It took about an hr for them to complete but then it works a heck of a lot better..

B
    You say it works a heck of a lot better...but in what way? I will get it done when I get the chance, but am in no rush...I don't see any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Sounds like you paid alot for yours and are just trying to rationalise the extra expense?
    No my Treo Pros were free. The scam artists selling the 1.03 are not selling them for cheaper anyway.

My point is the rip off guys on Ebay would cause the average person to lose $50 of their time in getting a reflash.

The person has to contact Sprint, find one of the increasing fewer stores that does this erivce, drive there, park there, wait in line, get a flash, go back. This is a couple of hours of time for almost everyone

I gues it would be more like $30 of your time if you work at mcdonalds, but for most peopel it is a needless expense since the 1.04 are selling for the same prioce
    She said she understood what I was talking about and they had the current release to fix the "memory leak" problem...works alot better now and my mind is at ease..
    yep. good news!
    This means the Hard SPL must be getting out to more places. Might a leak occur, hmmmm .
    Must be getting out slowly. Just asked my local Sprint full service store about this in Speedway, IN and they said no such update exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    No my Treo Pros were free. The scam artists selling the 1.03 are not selling them for cheaper anyway.

My point is the rip off guys on Ebay would cause the average person to lose $50 of their time in getting a reflash.

The person has to contact Sprint, find one of the increasing fewer stores that does this erivce, drive there, park there, wait in line, get a flash, go back. This is a couple of hours of time for almost everyone

I gues it would be more like $30 of your time if you work at mcdonalds, but for most peopel it is a needless expense since the 1.04 are selling for the same prioce
    How can you put a monetary value on anyone's time. If you can get a 1.03 version for less money than the 1.04 version and get it updated for free why are you being negative in every post about the 1.03 version. It's not the consumers fault they got the 1.03 version for cheaper and can now upgrade it for free. You shouldn't be so negative in your posts about people having version 1.03 it wasnt there fault and now they have the opportunity to get the situation fixed.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    I live close to a company store that does repairs. Not only do they not have the flash to SW1.04, but they are completely unaware that one is coming. Not to impugn Kg6bki's reputation at all, but I urge caution on the part of those who think that they can get stuck with a 1.03 but it will all be just peachy because help from Sprint is on the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jvalentinus View Post
    I live close to a company store that does repairs. Not only do they not have the flash to SW1.04, but they are completely unaware that one is coming. Not to impugn Kg6bki's reputation at all, but I urge caution on the part of those who think that they can get stuck with a 1.03 but it will all be just peachy because help from Sprint is on the way.
    Hey if you have 1.03 version try to get TEP so that you ca be covered for insurance and get the phone serviced or replaced through sprint if a problem occurs. To be honest with you i've never receive service through palm and ive been using Treo's since the 600. Every warranty or service replacement ive done has been through sprint. So don't worry too much if you can get TEP.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    I'll second that. I even tried Sprint's Tier 2 Tech Support. Still a no go.

Maybe I'll try calling the store in Santa Clara, CA, I live only about an hour or so from them.
    I also confirmed a while ago that none of the stores that I went to in New York City had any idea what I was talking about. They checked both their special access Palm website and their intranet. I went to the FlatIron store in midtown and the Avenue of the Americas store @ 10th Ave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I'll second that. I even tried Sprint's Tier 2 Tech Support. Still a no go.

Maybe I'll try calling the store in Santa Clara, CA, I live only about an hour or so from them.
    A scientific mind, I see! Test the hypothesis! Perhaps if that store really knows what's going on, this is all true. However, I'm really suspicious of these apocryphal flashing stories until one is verified by a third party.

I did go ahead and put TEP on my 1.03. I discovered these threads a few weeks after I bought the phone off eBay, and figured that I'd rather be safe than sorry by adding TEP.

At this point, I'm generally OK with the phone, with the exception of a pixel that's stuck red, and fairly rapid battery drain, even on a "stock" setup with wi-fi, BT and GPS turned off (I don't get more than 12 hours with no internet, phone, etc. usage). I'm wondering, should I expect a hard time if I try to get it swapped under TEP for the dead pixel issue?
    A scientific mind, I see! Test the hypothesis! Perhaps if that store really knows what's going on, this is all true. However, I'm really suspicious of these apocryphal flashing stories until one is verified by a third party.

I did go ahead and put TEP on my 1.03. I discovered these threads a few weeks after I bought the phone off eBay, and figured that I'd rather be safe than sorry by adding TEP.

At this point, I'm generally OK with the phone, with the exception of a pixel that's stuck red, and fairly rapid battery drain, even on a "stock" setup with wi-fi, BT and GPS turned off (I don't get more than 12 hours with no internet, phone, etc. usage). I'm wondering, should I expect a hard time if I try to get it swapped under TEP for the dead pixel issue?
    Smart thing you did by adding TEP as for the pixel issue you can try your luck and see. I wouldn't worry too much about the rom issue. Eventually they will come out with an official rom update but no one knows when especially with all this pre stuff. But if you have issues with your phone in the mean time atleast now you can exchange at the Sprint Store and even get a 1.04 version for the time being.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast